Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kangaroos jump beyond everyone's expectations

9/09/2008 1:31:00 AM
REGARDLESS of what happens from here, East Point has already achieved more in 2008 than it did last season and much more than many expected.
The Kangaroos who, at the start of the season, were forced to improvise after being stripped of four high-quality midfielders, will finish at worst third this year and start a clear favourite to make their second Ballarat Football League grand final in three years when they take on Ballarat next Saturday at Eastern Oval.
At the start of the season, an East Point board member admitted this season was going to be a "re-building year" for the club.
Remarkably, the Roos have managed to rebuild a team with impressive newcomers like Sam Kitchin, Jayden Alexander, Josh Discher and others, while still challenging for the premiership.
While there is plenty of optimism for the future at Eastern Oval, it was the veterans who were the difference last Saturday.
Dan Jordan was simply too strong at full-forward for at least two opponents, Simon Geljon proved a strong marking target at centre half-forward, and Glen and Mark Phelps gave the Lakers little respite in the air.
Despite the defeat, Lake Wendouree's season can only be described as a triumph for coach Matt Battistello.
The Lakers were perhaps two players short of being a preliminary finalist and never gave up against a team that remains a genuine chance of a premiership.
"It's disappointing but you can't lose focus on where you come from," Battistello said. "If at the start of the year we were told we'd be playing East Point in a second final, I think we might have taken that.
"We'll lose a few players over the summer as every club does, but hopefully not too many. We hope the core group can stay together, plus top up a bit, because I think we have enough talent. We had four or five guys who missed out today who will have to improve if we are to go to the next step."

javascript:changeFontSize('story',-1);

what about you throw a wobbly @ the Grand Final Chief & gives all something to cheer about!

Unfortunately i will not be attending the grand final this year due to business. Sounds funny that Darleys most loyal, funny and admired fan will not be there to cheer on his best mates and his future husband Brad Miller but its the kind of business deal that cant wait. I will be seeling the rights to my apartment complex in Macau at a staggering 690% return in just over 12 months. Increased gambling activity by the biggest punters in Asia has driven up demand for quality accomodation and guess what? The Chieftont seems to have some of that property gold in the portfolio. Of course the devils will be seeing some of the fruits of my labor and next year i am sure the budget will be a little bigger. I will be having my last hoorah at the Henderson and cheering on the Jesus of the western suburbs. I love Brad Miller and he has given me a horn...[/quote]
Cheif although I do enjoy a good slice of humour in the majority of your blogs I do implore you to use your power over your group of sycophants to get them to stop posting meaningless comments of praise to your literary skills. It wastes the time of the wider reader and adds nothing to the conversation.

I am happy to continue to read about you man love for Miller (quite possibly becoming the relationship to challenge Scott and Charlene in the Australian phsyche) and appreciation of all things Devil but would prefer not to have this interspersed with ritual backslapping.

Yours in anticipation.

Note; so you dont have to go for the dictionary a sycophant is a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite

If East Point win on the weekend they will be into a grand final to play against Darley.

The interesting part is both teams are going to brisbane on the 10th of october for there respective footy trips. I some how think the plane if they are on the same flight will not be big enough for the losing team and i think there will definately be some coming togethers in brisvegas.

Go Darley

There sure will be. An the darley boys will punch the shit out of them. were 300-0 havnt been beatin. wen we win. we will punch them up for a bit of fun keep our selfs entertained
:p:p:p

Redan's Edwards is a great player dont get me wrong but i hpoe he doesn't win the henderson because of who he is. I no his had another good year but Redan didn't win enough games. Sunday should be a good night , my tip is B.Miller from Darley he has 30+ touches and kicks bags of 5's plus Darley only lost the 1 game. who's everyone's tip???
I hope Redan's Jarrod Edwards wins it again. Two BFL premierships, Two Hendersons, All Australian, club best and fairest. He has had a great year in a club that was beset by problems from the outset - coach change, no home ground for half the year and injuries to main players.
If the umpires dont award votes just to winning teams then he could win his third in a row.
And by the way, I believe the teams in the top 6 are all glad Redan didnt make it. Look at the last three home and away results - three wins by a total of about 300 points.
Watch out for the real Lions in 2009

keepthebounce don't go start making excuses for redans year. they aren't the only side over the years to be hampered by injuries to main players. nor are they the only side not to have a home ground for majority of the year, ballarat,lakers,sebas have all been affected by no home ground use over the past few years. So before you start jibbering on about all that face facts that they were poor early and came home well, but didnt win enough games. yes edwards has had another stellar year but don't play the sympathy card....

As predicted Ballarat have performed well again in the finals and are one game away from a GF birth.

After playing Darley and talking to East point boys, Darley hold no fear for the winner out of tommorrows game. Our assessment is based on you won't be playing at feral park, you have all the pressure on you thanks to chief dribbleshit, c**kheads like chumpy and the fruitpicker da wog and have some obvious weaknesses.

As I have stated all year forget what happened during the year, now is the time that counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Redan's Jarrod Edwards wins it again. Two BFL premierships, Two Hendersons, All Australian, club best and fairest. He has had a great year in a club that was beset by problems from the outset - coach change, no home ground for half the year and injuries to main players.
If the umpires dont award votes just to winning teams then he could win his third in a row.
And by the way, I believe the teams in the top 6 are all glad Redan didnt make it. Look at the last three home and away results - three wins by a total of about 300 points.
Watch out for the real Lions in 2009

Keep the bounce, as a fellow Redan follower... Don't make excuses on here mate. Coach change made no impact, was probably a better result having snibson instead of Lubeek. Ground, didn't affect us in previous years. Injuries Probably one of our better years with out any major injuries, Blomeley early in the season is only one i can recall.

One positive i have heard that Redan moved quick to re sign there players including J.Field, J.Edwards & Blomeley.

As predicted Ballarat have performed well again in the finals and are one game away from a GF birth.

After playing Darley and talking to East point boys, Darley hold no fear for the winner out of tommorrows game. Our assessment is based on you won't be playing at feral park, you have all the pressure on you thanks to chief dribbleshit, c**kheads like chumpy and the fruitpicker da wog and have some obvious weaknesses.

As I have stated all year forget what happened during the year, now is the time that counts.

Welcome back Oracle,
You say Ballarat have once again performed well in finals... Justify that for me if you can?

Thanks Drummer

We feel we haven't had the expectations, stars or depth as other clubs have but have seemed to perform well in beating these sides in finals. We feel as though we have played above ourselves however and gained invaluable experience as we have a young list.

Any news on a coach at redan?

Once again Oracene you open your mouth poo drips from it. Will you ever learn? You have confirmed peoples misgivings about you. Either you are schizophrenic, deluded, drunk or have been partaking in peculiar mushrooms growing in the Ballarat Highlands.
Crack another Woodstock, get your courage up and post some more ridiculous statements. Make everyone laugh and shake their heads in amazement at what will be penned next from you.
I will give you this Oracene you will never die wondering.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

You must be kidding, you beat South on your home mud pile (South were in terrible form, lost our last 4 games). Then you played an undermanned Darley and got taught a lesson by some kids.

You are a joke, and East will give you a touch up this week. What will you say then? Did you perform well in finals? 1 win over South, fluked a double chance, then 2 embarrassing losses. Back to the drawing board for old leather face.

Once again Oracene you open your mouth poo drips from it. Will you ever learn? You have confirmed peoples misgivings about you. Either you are schizophrenic, deluded, drunk or have been partaking in peculiar mushrooms growing in the Ballarat Highlands.
Crack another Woodstock, get your courage up and post some more ridiculous statements. Make everyone laugh and shake their heads in amazement at what will be penned next from you.
I will give you this Oracene you will never die wondering.

Aaaah Darley Followers! What a joke!

At Ballarat we only drink wine and don't do drugs!

Go and have another bong and drink a WOODIE as that is all you feral dole bludgers can afford!

Aaaah Darley Followers! What a joke!

At Ballarat we only drink wine and don't do drugs!

Go and have another bong and drink a WOODIE as that is all you feral dole bludgers can afford!
Congrats on your daughter winning the US open but you may want to advise her that when she wins not to jump up and down like a lunatic. Her boobs bouncing around too much.
Funny I was accusing you of being delusional, maybe I am wrong but i don't think it is too smart to plagiarise other peoples words.
I can guarantee you I have never touched a Woody other than my own, never smoked a bong and am happily employed at a huge multi-national. I am more an interested bystander in the BFL Bigfooty forum than a Darley supporter.
I just love the way that You, Kings Army and a couple of other nobodies come on here and get shot down. At first I felt a little pity but seeing how ridiculous you have become I decided to join in. To be honest I can't believe how much pleasure I get from it. So keep on posting "smart stuff" Oracene and every day for me will tick along nicely.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

You must be kidding, you beat South on your home mud pile (South were in terrible form, lost our last 4 games). Then you played an undermanned Darley and got taught a lesson by some kids.

You are a joke, and East will give you a touch up this week. What will you say then? Did you perform well in finals? 1 win over South, fluked a double chance, then 2 embarrassing losses. Back to the drawing board for old leather face.

Now we have Melton South supporters coming out! I must have missed something as speaking of underachievers you guys would have to be at the top of the list. Your club's recruiting policy is to buy players who have no heart or are no good and then they leave. Your ground and supporters are a disgrace and you have no future. Apparently the retirement of all the "legends" who never did anything anyway was because the money has run out!!!!!! Sutts overseas what a committed group. Get some of your supporters to rob a bank, extend your ground to longer than a cricket pitch and try and buy a premiership you fool.

Now we have Melton South supporters coming out! I must have missed something as speaking of underachievers you guys would have to be at the top of the list. Your club's recruiting policy is to buy players who have no heart or are no good and then they leave. Your ground and supporters are a disgrace and you have no future. Apparently the retirement of all the "legends" who never did anything anyway was because the money has run out!!!!!! Sutts overseas what a committed group. Get some of your supporters to rob a bank, extend your ground to longer than a cricket pitch and try and buy a premiership you fool.
How about you defend yourself, your club, and your coach, instead of hurling try hard abuse at people. Typical soft Ballarat boy. When Darley win the flag are you going start crying again how the East teams play too rough.
You can still get $10 for your red heads to win it. In a 3 horse race, even the bookies think you are a joke.

Thanks Drummer

We feel we haven't had the expectations, stars or depth as other clubs have but have seemed to perform well in beating these sides in finals. We feel as though we have played above ourselves however and gained invaluable experience as we have a young list.

Any news on a coach at redan?

Your saying Shame Manley would not have expected a premiership in the last 2 years???

Young list is a very soft excuse Oracle, I personally think Ballarat have under achieved along with South, should have gave Battistello the job at start of year and moved swooper on. IMO

Good luck tomorrow.

Esskay we are playing finals while you sit in the stands! Where is the defense of your club, ground, recruiting policy and "Stars".?

Congrats on your daughter winning the US open but you may want to advise her that when she wins not to jump up and down like a lunatic. Her boobs bouncing around too much.
Funny I was accusing you of being delusional, maybe I am wrong but i don't think it is too smart to plagiarise other peoples words.
I can guarantee you I have never touched a Woody other than my own, never smoked a bong and am happily employed at a huge multi-national. I am more an interested bystander in the BFL Bigfooty forum than a Darley supporter.
I just love the way that You, Kings Army and a couple of other nobodies come on here and get shot down. At first I felt a little pity but seeing how ridiculous you have become I decided to join in. To be honest I can't believe how much pleasure I get from it. So keep on posting "smart stuff" Oracene and every day for me will tick along nicely.

Can you post something that makes sense mister multinational? Tennis players etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back