Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What players returned because Power left? Tim Little is the only one I can think of. He signed at another club before seasons end. Power would have shipped him anyway.
2 questions to you ka:
1: do you know for fact that mark power has been appointed?
2: will you be back helping him out if he's coaching?

And D.Edwards has to be the worst player ever to be named in the team of the year. In the 2nd semi he didn't go near Rick Allan, played on Nige Otto. Nige went off early with a foot injury and copped abuse from the big tough guy as he hobbled off. Otto returned in the 2nd half on one leg and kicked 3.3 on Drew Edwards. Edwards was the player that showed absolutley no respect to Otto and the Ballarat players, and gave them the extra motivation to beat them if they got another chance. Ballarat were rapt when Edwards went to Otto at the start of the Grand Final because they knew Edwards was the worst player in Darleys side. Otto proved that by kicking 3 goals into the breeze and setting the game alight. Darley supporters can't even try justify his inclusion into the team of the year beacause he got found out twice on the big stage by a bloke who was only 50% fit.

Drew Edwards is not Darleys worst player. Did you see the other 16 games he played this season?

My memory is a bit dim but Mark Verbene was a very good back half player in the Redan comeback premierships 02-03.
He played in those games with Aaron Freeland (ex North) and the handy (and tough) Paul Ellis.
All three have been down at Altona recently with Verbene coming along a bit later after playing in the amateurs.
This year Freeland was senior coach and Verbene the reserves coach as far as I can find out. I believe Altona won a Div 2 premiership under Freeland when he first went there. I dont know how Altona performed this year but I suppose that's easy enough to find out.
Verbene is or was a PE/computer teacher in Melbourne according to the Redan website.
I also heard today that about 30 had been interviewed for the job at Redan (and that came from another BFL coach who is one of those). Still you know what the rumours are at this time of year. :)
Damian Ross (also ex-North?) is the director of football at Redan.
Not too sure about the Hocking thing. It doesn't sound like the Redan method of the past few years. I wonder who approached who (if he is involved at all).
Hope that is of some help. I THINK most of it is right!
Thanks for that.

Heard last night that J.Field has gone back to Avoca and is only loss at this stage.

Also, heard that Dickonson is only one staying at North so to get Peace, Waight, Mikalef & Horbury back will be a big bonus.

Verbene sounds ok, how old would he be? Would he be a playing coach?

And D.Edwards has to be the worst player ever to be named in the team of the year. In the 2nd semi he didn't go near Rick Allan, played on Nige Otto. Nige went off early with a foot injury and copped abuse from the big tough guy as he hobbled off. Otto returned in the 2nd half on one leg and kicked 3.3 on Drew Edwards. Edwards was the player that showed absolutley no respect to Otto and the Ballarat players, and gave them the extra motivation to beat them if they got another chance. Ballarat were rapt when Edwards went to Otto at the start of the Grand Final because they knew Edwards was the worst player in Darleys side. Otto proved that by kicking 3 goals into the breeze and setting the game alight. Darley supporters can't even try justify his inclusion into the team of the year beacause he got found out twice on the big stage by a bloke who was only 50% fit.
mintonconnell what a load of rot! just goes to show how much you know and how much footy you have seen this year!

Thanks for that.

Heard last night that J.Field has gone back to Avoca and is only loss at this stage.

Also, heard that Dickonson is only one staying at North so to get Peace, Waight, Mikalef & Horbury back will be a big bonus.

Verbene sounds ok, how old would he be? Would he be a playing coach?

News to me about Field. I thought all main players had re-signed. It was always on the cards that he would want to give some time back to Avoca but that is not going around club circles at this stage.
Just on Field - there is a very strong rumour going around that he ate one of the seconds premiership medals!! He has a habit of doing silly things during celebrations but if true that would be one of the dumbest. Waiting to see if he's just trickin'
It looks like you are right that Dicko is staying on to give it another crack at North.
Waight had already left North before the end of the season and would have played the last few games except did a hammy.
It will be great to get the others back but I'm not sure about Micallef.- He's a bit of a mystery man but I hope he would come back to Redan - after all he has two premiership medals with us.
Verbene's age unkbown - would assume he could play but would be getting up there a bit. I reckon he might play a similar role to Murrihy. And although he is mainly a defender - he has played a bit up forward in the past few years. If you go to the redan website ( redanfc.com.au ) and then the "great to hear from" section, there is an email there he sent to the club before last year's grand final which might fill in a few details for you.

News to me about Field. I thought all main players had re-signed. It was always on the cards that he would want to give some time back to Avoca but that is not going around club circles at this stage.
Just on Field - there is a very strong rumour going around that he ate one of the seconds premiership medals!! He has a habit of doing silly things during celebrations but if true that would be one of the dumbest. Waiting to see if he's just trickin'
It looks like you are right that Dicko is staying on to give it another crack at North.
Waight had already left North before the end of the season and would have played the last few games except did a hammy.
It will be great to get the others back but I'm not sure about Micallef.- He's a bit of a mystery man but I hope he would come back to Redan - after all he has two premiership medals with us.
Verbene's age unkbown - would assume he could play but would be getting up there a bit. I reckon he might play a similar role to Murrihy. And although he is mainly a defender - he has played a bit up forward in the past few years. If you go to the redan website ( redanfc.com.au ) and then the "great to hear from" section, there is an email there he sent to the club before last year's grand final which might fill in a few details for you.
Not 100% sure on Field as i did hear it from a second source, hope he stays. I believe it is very true that he ate Brian Beckams premiership medallion! That can't be good for the body?

Mark Verberne is around 30, so I would imaigine he would still be playing unless there was some injury problems.

Not 100% sure on Field as i did hear it from a second source, hope he stays. I believe it is very true that he ate Brian Beckams premiership medallion! That can't be good for the body?
He will never pass it - I picked up one of the medallions and they are quite solid. If he really has swallowed it I reckon they will have to cut it out- what a dick brain _ bloody funny tho:D And I suppose Beckham wants his medal back - one way or another!
Cant say too much on here but may be doubt over Micallef. I stress its only second-hand rumour but I heard someone say he may be looking to move on. Really hope its wrong. Bloody good player.
Ideally though we want a couple of classy big guys (wonder what Little is doing? lol)

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a close knit family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Having just missed out on finals in 2008 we are looking to take the next step in 2009, and are well set up both on and off the field to do so.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2009 in the following positions:

* Senior Coach
* Reserves Coach
* Under 18's Coach

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the footy season is over on all levels for 2008 lets recap what we have learnt in the BFL:
1. Ash Baker > Brad Miller
2. Darley Devils get stage fright
3. Redan are breeding ranga's
4. Wendouree reserve has more water than the lake
and most importantly
5. Too much cyber sex with 'glamours' gives u an overinflated ego, which will shank under pressure. - Chieftonts lesson for the year!;)

In 2009:
East and Darley to choke again
Redan to seriously reload with rangas
Sebas for the spoon
Dan Jordan to seriously think about changing clubs
Dune buggy racing on City Oval at half time
Flogga Loughnan to stop singing that same crappy song every time you walk in his shop
Bacchus Marsh to let cars in again (but only 1978 Commodores)
Melton South to move the goal posts back into the car park where they should be
Darley finally gets colour television and bans cross-eyed kids from playing the banjo in public

Hand me my gumboots - the bull shit is getting too deep
In 2009:
East and Darley to choke again
Redan to seriously reload with rangas
Sebas for the spoon
Dan Jordan to seriously think about changing clubs
Dune buggy racing on City Oval at half time
Flogga Loughnan to stop singing that same crappy song every time you walk in his shop
Bacchus Marsh to let cars in again (but only 1978 Commodores)
Melton South to move the goal posts back into the car park where they should be
Darley finally gets colour television and bans cross-eyed kids from playing the banjo in public

Hopefully in 2009, Keep the Bounce will realise that he is not funny and quit trying to make jokes.

Any news apart from fieldy of clubs losing players etc.

Chief I hear the fruit pickers were disappointed with cheevers and newman. Will they stay?

Drummer Verberne, freeza and ellis would have to be getting on. Is the reliance on the same old group healthy? You have some good kids that should be blooded. I hear that the celebrations at redan got out of hand?

Any news from Melton and Melton South? Any names for coaches etc

What about the Marsh any news and North Shitty?

All the boys at ballarat are committed to playing on. Look out 2009!

Pretty quiet otherwise in Ballarat as clubs digest the brilliance of Ballarat as realisation hits our club will be a force for years!

Any news apart from fieldy of clubs losing players etc.

Chief I hear the fruit pickers were disappointed with cheevers and newman. Will they stay?

Drummer Verberne, freeza and ellis would have to be getting on. Is the reliance on the same old group healthy? You have some good kids that should be blooded. I hear that the celebrations at redan got out of hand?

Any news from Melton and Melton South? Any names for coaches etc

What about the Marsh any news and North Shitty?

All the boys at ballarat are committed to playing on. Look out 2009!

Pretty quiet otherwise in Ballarat as clubs digest the brilliance of Ballarat as realisation hits our club will be a force for years!

Can't really comment on those 3, heard they were very good in there time at redan. Celebrations out of hand? If you mean fires, nudey runs, over excessive consumption of alcohol, swallowing premiership medallions then i'd just say that's normal for us.

Did hear one of your blokes mouthing off to a certain henderson medallist? Not sure what was said but by all reports he has put in the memory bank!

Good to see ballarats celebrations making there way to whyche on the weekend. Boys still very happy as they should be.

hey guys i coached a kid a few years ago in juniors, that i believe came down and played for bacchus marsh, he was a mobile ruckman type named michael rowe.. was wondering how he went (he was very raw but had a reasonable tank) and if anybody knows where his playing now?

Mark Verberne is around 30, so I would imaigine he would still be playing unless there was some injury problems.

Was told my name was floating around on here from a the idiot who put it on here. Yes just turned 30. Yes was assistant at Altona but didn't play this year. Yes moved back to Ballarat last Friday. Will not be coaching Redan. Injuries have struck but am working towards getting fit again. Will not play footy next year but will enjoy watching Redan get back up near top. Freeza is playing at Altona next year (not coaching due to work). Ellis not playing at all due to work and new baby. Am sure Redan will get some one who is similar to Quinna and Muzz who had a ability to attract quality players and people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back