Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know that a lot of people still hold a lot of resentment to North Ballarat from the BFL days, but hopefully enough time has passed that people are able to get behind the VFL premiers. They provide a great pathway for the regions youngsters to play in the highest possible leagues.
I have heard a few of the Redan boys who tried out the last few years are coming back. I am sure they will be far better players who will enhance the league from their experiences.

Hi men, and girls who want to be men (Doc), Chumpy is back after a week on the gas which produced many sexual encounters.

First off, congrats to Ballarat (and Oral, you told us) it was your day, and not meant to be for us. No one can take that away from you. We have nobody to blame for what happened, and it will be the inspiration required for a huge preseason.

The crowd on GF day just goes to show how much the Darley Football Club is needed in this league. Without doubt the most hated club in the league, and that creates passion and excitement that is desperately needed in the BFL at the moment. (And I’m not talking of the rubbish at 3/4 time, totally what we are against, was a blight on what should have been a great day).

But we will move on, the fountain pen will be working overtime in the next few months, and you can expect a few huge signings to go along with the great team we already have. We lost 2 games for the year (both in the last kick of the day) and our side is young, so we can expect special times over the next few years.

Clubs like Darley do not 'sign' guys from Ballan. They come to train at a great club, in a resonable league.

Wasnt someone from darley fishing round the chfl about the intentions of a hepburn player who was recruited from BALLAN?

Oracle the devils were wrapped with Newman and Cheevers and Newman has already signed on. Cheevers will sign he told me yesterday. Stay tuned for some exciting news in the next few weeks but i think the Devils are just polishing the edges on signing a player that i think will be the biggest signing in the BFL next year (thats even including if Mark Johnson signs at Sunba ohhhh Sunba). Darley will also seeing the return of Blair Cook who was narrowly beaten in a best and fairest a few years back by Charles Hunter and has been back in training for a few months now. With a full pre-season the cooky monster is sure to bring the required venom to an already potent devils forward line. Im sure all sides will be on the improve next year so these are the type of players we need to be returning to stay competitive

Callum Urch has apparently put pen to paper. Any truth?

Any news apart from fieldy of clubs losing players etc.

Chief I hear the fruit pickers were disappointed with cheevers and newman. Will they stay?

Drummer Verberne, freeza and ellis would have to be getting on. Is the reliance on the same old group healthy? You have some good kids that should be blooded. I hear that the celebrations at redan got out of hand?

Any news from Melton and Melton South? Any names for coaches etc

What about the Marsh any news and North Shitty?

All the boys at ballarat are committed to playing on. Look out 2009!

Pretty quiet otherwise in Ballarat as clubs digest the brilliance of Ballarat as realisation hits our club will be a force for years!

Supposedly, McLeod, Sutton and McMahon are or have, considered retirement. Added to that, the loss of midfield dynamo, T Scoble, who will be coaching from the stands, it could be a big slide down the ladder for the Panthers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking with a past player about the Darley V Ballarat brawl at 3 quarter time. I did not see it but with crowd involved it was one of the better ones.

Speaking of brawls the best I saw was Sunbury V South at Sunbury. D Tazczon had a wrestle with a South player - as more players started coming in he threw the best jumper punch knocking the South player out. He contiuned to hold the player until a large group of players arrived. He let go and slipped out the back of the melee. The south player folded like a deck of cards. There was some serious action after that - Lupson, Ellis, Juric, Goodgiles and J Taczon from Sunbury and Gallop, Stanley and Mick Jones from South.

Talking with a past player about the Darley V Ballarat brawl at 3 quarter time. I did not see it but with crowd involved it was one of the better ones.

Speaking of brawls the best I saw was Sunbury V South at Sunbury. D Tazczon had a wrestle with a South player - as more players started coming in he threw the best jumper punch knocking the South player out. He contiuned to hold the player until a large group of players arrived. He let go and slipped out the back of the melee. The south player folded like a deck of cards. There was some serious action after that - Lupson, Ellis, Juric, Goodgiles and J Taczon from Sunbury and Gallop, Stanley and Mick Jones from South.
I know I should't promote violence however this is just too good not to share.

In all my years of involvement with country footy I have seen better punches thrown, more intense brawls (Hepburn v Bungaree in a final at Springbank, Golden Point v Daylesford in the 80's would be 2), etc etc but for sheer duration this would have to be one of the best.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCHGcdqjHE

The mystery of the missing Redan reserves premiership medal deepens. Allegedly eaten by senior player Julian Field during celebrations on grand final night, it has made ABC radio this morning. Apparently the medal has not re-appeared and Field was quoted as saying he'd seen a doctor about possible surgery to get it out. The doctor's verdict was to wait and see a bit longer. It has now been in there (allegedly) for 11 days. I'm still waiting to see if he's tricking!

The mystery of the missing Redan reserves premiership medal deepens. Allegedly eaten by senior player Julian Field during celebrations on grand final night, it has made ABC radio this morning. Apparently the medal has not re-appeared and Field was quoted as saying he'd seen a doctor about possible surgery to get it out. The doctor's verdict was to wait and see a bit longer. It has now been in there (allegedly) for 11 days. I'm still waiting to see if he's tricking!
No trick i've heard...

Firmly lodged in the stomach.

Would be a great joke if he didn't swallow as it seems to be getting coverage on every news story over the past few days.

Result of East Point B & F

89 Dan Jordan
82 Shane Hutchinson
76 Chris Banwell
75 Jason Delaney
71 Adam Jennings
68 Paul Kodorenko

Does anyone have any other results?

I know I should't promote violence however this is just too good not to share.

In all my years of involvement with country footy I have seen better punches thrown, more intense brawls (Hepburn v Bungaree in a final at Springbank, Golden Point v Daylesford in the 80's would be 2), etc etc but for sheer duration this would have to be one of the best.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCHGcdqjHE

this one might be familiar to a few at Darley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS-PV7LRpl0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back