Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the Sebas V Drysdale match pan out Rust?

Impressive Sebastopol starts season in style
space.gif

SEBASTOPOL kicked off its 2008 campaign in winning style with a three-goal, practice-match victory against Bellerine Football League club Drysdale at Springbank on Saturday.
The Burras impressed in their first run under new coach Mark Russell, comfortably beating the Drysdale Hawks 15.5 (95) to 11.7 (73).
The Bellerine Football League is the second strongest league in Geelong behind the Geelong Football League itself. Drysdale Hawks finished on top of the ladder after the home-and-away season last year.
Russell said the Kookaburras' new training regime played a big part in the solid start.
"It was a really hot day and yet our guys ran and ran. It was inspiring. If they keep that up all year I'll be very happy," Russell said yesterday.
"The work that (fitness trainer) Sam MacAteer has done to get these guys into shape has been terrific.
"It is just a practice match so you can't get carried away, but it was promising."
Sebastopol's pre-season campaign steps up a gear when the Burras take on Geelong Football League club Leopold in a fortnight followed by a match against St Albans.
Russell said, practice match or not, the Kookaburras would be hoping to continue their winning ways.
"They may just be practice matches but for a team that only won a few games last season, getting a few wins early builds confidence and momentum."
Michael McIntosh played mainly in the ruck against the Hawks, allowing Kurt Breuchert to line up at centre half-back.
Matt Rea kicked eight goals for the Burra, while new recruit Simon Rau from Geelong Football League club South Barwon performed strongly in the middle.
Meanwhile, Darley's three big-name recruits shone in the club's first inter-club practice match against East Geelong on Saturday.
Former East Fremantle player Robbie Cheevers, key forward Adrian Newman and ex-Melton player Jarrod Edwards were among Darley's best, coach Gary Learmonth said, as the Devils won the six-quarter hit-out comfortably against the Geelong & District
league club.
Learmonth admitted he did not take much notice of the result but was encouraged by the performance of the club's new recruits.
"It was more about the way we went about it than the scores. Having said that, we were playing a district side so if we were beaten we would have been disappointed," he said.
"Cheevers, Newman and Edwards all played and were standouts for us. Cheevers played in the middle, Edwards onball and forward, with Newman at full forward.
"I've seen Robbie Cheevers play before so I knew what to expect there, but Jarrod Edwards is going to make a big difference. "
Both teams rotated senior players with under-18.5 and reserves players onto the field over the course of the six quarters.
"What was pleasing was everything we've been training finally putting it into practice," Learmonth said.
Another recruit, Kristian Leivers from Melton, also showed a lot of promise.
The Devils will play a night practice match against Spotswood on Thursday at Darley Park.

hey guys, just wondering if you guys could help me here.

I play my footy in the geelong footy league, and my mate plays up for the old peninsula boys in melb. we are both at uni in Brat and we're looking for a club to train at, and possibly play for the following year. If you or your club can possibly help us out, that would be great.

thanks.

I play my footy in the geelong footy league, and my mate plays up for the old peninsula boys in melb. we are both at uni in Brat and we're looking for a club to train at, and possibly play for the following year. If you or your club can possibly help us out, that would be great.

thanks.

That depends on whether you are any good or not. The last thing that any club in Ballarat needs is another uni geek running around in the two's that brings nothing to the table except for more uni geek mates and their annoying fat feminist girlfriends to social functions.

But yeah, good luck with that.

That depends on whether you are any good or not. The last thing that any club in Ballarat needs is another uni geek running around in the two's that brings nothing to the table except for more uni geek mates and their annoying fat feminist girlfriends to social functions.

But yeah, good luck with that.
i agree hank nothing worse than a fat feminist pig from ballarat id rather get with a single teenage mother with a drug habit from melton thats just my opinion

i agree hank nothing worse than a fat feminist pig from ballarat id rather get with a single teenage mother with a drug habit from melton thats just my opinion

nah well, neither of us are fat.

Both have played TAC cup before. and one is a midfielder, the other is a key position backman. so we can both play.

thanks.

Mate here are the options available to you.

East Point @ Eastern Oval, reasonable Facilities, ground best in town, lights okay just.

Redan @ City Oval, okay facility, good lights, ground not too good though.

Sebastopol @ Marty Bush, Should have ground ready for rd1, okay lights, reasonable facility, close to uni.

Ballarat @ Alfredton, okay lights, not best of grounds though, good social rooms but changerooms are ordinary.

Lake Wendouree @ Wendouree, Ground very ordinary, change rooms very ordinary, good lights, good social rooms.

Nth City - Wouldnt bother unless you would like to make the VFL List as they are 3rd in line for facilities up there.

If i was you i would pick either East Point, Redan or Sebas as i know they accept players from uni who train there, all of them seem to have reasonable training venues that are okay.

East Point @ Eastern Oval, reasonable Facilities, ground best in town, lights okay just.

Sebastopol @ Marty Bush, Should have ground ready for rd1, okay lights, reasonable facility, close to uni.

Ballarat @ Alfredton, okay lights, not best of grounds though, good social rooms but changerooms are ordinary.

Lake Wendouree @ Wendouree, Ground very ordinary, change rooms very ordinary, good lights, good social rooms.

Nth City - Wouldnt bother unless you would like to make the VFL List as they are 3rd in line for facilities up there.

If i was you i would pick either East Point, Redan or Sebas as i know they accept players from uni who train there, all of them seem to have reasonable training venues that are okay.

thanks a lot mate. much appreciated.

thanks.
Train at buninyong, close to Uni, ground is in excellent condition, that would be one of your better options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha this bloke has no idea.

Oh and by the way, we have a few uni students training with us, and they are good blokes who add something to training.

Any word on how south are travelling and who have they picked up?

South have pretty much same team going into 08

They have picked up cross town rival Dane Grenfell from Melton
Korgy returns to the club after a year down the surf coast, but will prob play twos
Michael Thomas has a clearance in from Mazenod FC in the VAFA which is still in progress.

To check any transfers go to

http://www.bfl.vcfl.com.au/memdb_transfers.asp

thanks.

Hey mate, ignore these *******s that write absolute nonsense usually about disgraceful footy teams from Darly, Melton, Sunbury and Baccus Marsh.

If you want to train then i reccomend my beloved Ballarat Swans, We train up at Alfredton, there a huge number of Uni guys already playing and a few that are doing the same as you guys and are just training and playing back home. You wont meet a better bunch of blokes and our coach is arguably the best in country Victoria. Our ground is on the up and we welcome anyone who wants to come along. We are a team on the up and there is genuine excitment around the place. We will be training Tuesday and Thursday as of next week if ya want to come along.

Redan are a pretty good bunch of blokes also, but get on board the swans

he probably should be dead hes fresh out of rehab looking a million dollars hes got the new girl by his side and is loving life if takes his footy serious could push for senior selection

No that is a joke. A leopard can never change his spots remember and if he is still at Darley then I really do have to laugh. And I have seen the women he is capable of having by his side, haha! Like your sense of humour LB!

Hey mate, ignore these *******s that write absolute nonsense usually about disgraceful footy teams from Darly, Melton, Sunbury and Baccus Marsh.

If you want to train then i reccomend my beloved Ballarat Swans, We train up at Alfredton, there a huge number of Uni guys already playing and a few that are doing the same as you guys and are just training and playing back home. You wont meet a better bunch of blokes and our coach is arguably the best in country Victoria. Our ground is on the up and we welcome anyone who wants to come along. We are a team on the up and there is genuine excitment around the place. We will be training Tuesday and Thursday as of next week if ya want to come along.

Until he has results under his belt in BFL then maybe i could agree, Power & Murrihy definately above him last year. No mistake about that.

You d**khead we hate the drummer. Have a look at his record. AFL grand finals, winfield or interleague champions, numerous flags and finals elsewhere. Don't see Murrihy or Power with that sort of record. He got us to a prelim final with a young side. We will continue to reap the rewards of recruiting and junior development with Swooper at the helm. Look out for the swans this year. Go Swanees

Hello can anyone give me some feedback on a guy "Moody" aparantly a big unit from darley but has now moved on!
Can he play and is he a regular senior player.

You forgot to mention boring. Redan are a little less boring seeing as though they have had success over the past few years, but only slightly.

Hello can anyone give me some feedback on a guy "Moody" aparantly a big unit from darley but has now moved on!
Can he play and is he a regular senior player.

Injury has hampered him over the past few years, will dominate the Western Region toiletry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back