balmey leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

i think it's pretty poor form to have that talk in a public space

i would be livid with em for doin it like that

and fuhhn Benny is going so why would he care what balmey does "im going to tassie m8, but b4 i go to a completely different club next year, i'm sacking you from this club I'm leaving"

this stinks
Prodded by the CFL do this or Tassie is out for you

Never had the experience to watch him as a player. Will always be a tiger man, He was one of the main reasons for 17,19 & 20. All the best Neil and all the best with your health.
Very good player sorted out the druggies (original ones)in the 73 gf

Never had the experience to watch him as a player. Will always be a tiger man, He was one of the main reasons for 17,19 & 20. All the best Neil and all the best with your health.

i think it's pretty poor form to have that talk in a public space

i would be livid with em for doin it like that

and fuhhn Benny is going so why would he care what balmey does "im going to tassie m8, but b4 i go to a completely different club next year, i'm sacking you from this club I'm leaving"

this stinks
I don’t see it like this at all. Balmey is 73 with health issues, his role at the club has diminished. A gentle tap on the shoulder that retirement is his best path. He deserves the proverbial golden handshake & gold watch (or 3 replica premiership cups). Enjoy retirement Neil, you have given your life to footy & finished your career at home.

why dont footy players wear their socks up
anymore ? we have the best farrken socks and theyre part of our uniform and make us look like tigers

should be mandatory to have em up

farrken tiger stripes mang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at Sandown for a 50th anniversary function of our '73 flag.
A huge roar went up when Balmey did his thing.

Balmey and St. Francis there,two Tiger immortals imo.

As the article briefly mentions, his health has deteriorated quickly over the last couple years.

I hope he finds some comfort in retirement.

The article almost paints a picture that the club had lost faith in his coherency after his health deteriorated - but that Neil perhaps doesn't see that as being the case. If so, he wouldn't be saying publicly that he would be keen for a new job elsewhere, be it in a lesser consulting type role etc.

Very weird article & exit for a guy that honestly performed at an A+ for his entire tenure. To win the flag after "kebabgate" which happened 6 weeks out from finals is a testament to how good he was at what he did. And the way he juggled the chaos caused by Dimma having the affair over that same time can never be underestimated.

If i had to guess whats happened, based on this article and the timing....

Benny was offered and accepted the chance to take over the Tassie team. He has gone back to the club to let them know & they have said, OK well if you are going, we think its best you settle things with Balmey as we don't want to move forward with him.

Why the new team wouldn't want him involved is questionable. Article reads that they perhaps think slipped mentally due to age, health OR they dont want any of the old guard there anymore

FFS the club is worried about his health. He isn't young anymore. Even he admitted he is in a bad way. Sometimes people have to make decisions as the person concerned isn't capable.

And they came to this conclusion regarding his health the same week its reported Benny accepted the Tassie job. Literally within 48 hours of Caro's article. amazing.

You sound like the dad taking the pet cat to the vet for the last time, lol

Very good player sorted out the druggies (original ones)in the 73 gf
He was a good key forward, who threw his weight around.

1973 was a different era for football for sure. 72, 73, 74 grannies I was able to see.

Then a good coach, better administrator. grand finals at a few clubs.

73 years old? time to retire.

Sounds to me like the AFL have put the hard word on the club to oust him as they can’t handle him telling them they are ****ing useless .
With umpiring against us continually getting worst you could imagine Balmey has been regularly pointing out to them their blantant cheating.

Last edited:
why dont footy players wear their socks up
anymore ? we have the best farrken socks and theyre part of our uniform and make us look like tigers

should be mandatory to have em up

farrken tiger stripes mang
The majority if not all players stopped wearing traditional long socks 15 + years ago.
Welcome to the 20th century , 🦖 🦕 .

And they came to this conclusion regarding his health the same week its reported Benny accepted the Tassie job. Literally within 48 hours of Caro's article. amazing.

You sound like the dad taking the pet cat to the vet for the last time, lol

Jesus, do you EVER have anything good to say about Richmond? You’re always so critical and negative. I bet you’re really an oppo supporter pretending to be Richmond so you can come on here and pick shit at everything we do.

Remove this Banner Ad

balmey leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back