Barry Hall - Should we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange one to bump.

Good to see Barry doing well and all but IIRC he was only interested in going to the WB's. Also would have taken at least our third round pick so goodbye Marcus Davies.

We tried hard to get Bradshaw after he walked out on Brisbane IIRC.

Id also love to know how many more games we would've won this year with him an Hendo working in tandem.

Just 2 more wins and we could be as high as 4th (where the Dogs are now).

Probably wouldnt have done hendo any harm learning some tricks from the big guy either.

If Davies comes on in a few years, might be a different story.

We would be kicking it to Hall every time, exactly like we did with Fev.

Betts/Garlett/Yarran wouldn't be gaining the experience that they are if we had Hall.

We would have bypassed Hendo each time in favour of Hall, and thus affect his confidence and development.

Setanta would never have been given the exposure to prove himself a viable backup option.

Then just as our time comes to have a real shot at the flag, Hall will retire, and leave us with a dysfunctional, inexperienced forward line who suddenly are supposed to carry us to a flag...

No thanks.

We would be kicking it to Hall every time, exactly like we did with Fev.

Betts/Garlett/Yarran wouldn't be gaining the experience that they are if we had Hall.

We would have bypassed Hendo each time in favour of Hall, and thus affect his confidence and development.

Setanta would never have been given the exposure to prove himself a viable backup option.

Then just as our time comes to have a real shot at the flag, Hall will retire, and leave us with a dysfunctional, inexperienced forward line who suddenly are supposed to carry us to a flag...

No thanks.

:thumbsu: Correct.

We won't be ready to push for a flag for another two years. Hall would've cost us the pick used to get Marcus Davies. Hall will be retired in two years. Davies will be married to BB25 and starring for Carlton.

Yep....exactly right. No doubt a short term benefit but probably at a slight long term cost. In any case, for all the right reasons, Hall was only ever going to go to a team that could challenge for a flag within the year or two that he has left. WB was the perfect option for Hall.

Did we really have a shot at Hall?

No need to feel vindicated Mal.
It was a lucid argument then and still carries weight now.

I dare say we may have won an extra game or two with Hall up front this year.
Some may argue, that we may have suppressed others coming through, but I feel Hall would have added that little extra to the others around him also.

Hope you guys dont mind me saying this but my brother is a verygood friend of barry halls and you guys did have a go at getting him, as did the pie's, he picked the doggies because of the 2 year deal, and the fact that his family has a long history of supporting them and he had always wanted to play at least one season with them.
Goodluck for the rest of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Hall - Should we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back