Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited about this appointment. Our Board has many good corporate types who will ensure there are good settings in the 'business sense'. Businesses are about providing a product or service, and our chief 'business' is football results. To have Wright, with his multi-layered football experience, together with the 12 month transitional period with Cook, is an amazing result at many levels. Welcome to Carlton, GW.

Not sure of his credentials for the CEO role, would have preferred him taking over the footy department

Hopefully that's his main focus

Had similar concerns when I first heard of this news. Shot a message to Hawks family on their thoughts.

This from a couple of days ago:

You've done incredibly well.

Graham is a football person who has one of the sharpest football minds I've ever seen and is absolutely no dumby when it comes to business nous.

That he gets a full year to work under the best in the last 30 years will give him every opportunity to be fully prepared when the handover is complete.

He is someone who the best want to work with and under just like Brian. In modern footy that's really half the battle. Being able to get the right people into your club.

Well he's only the apprentice for the first year. Seems a fairly convoluted plot to plant him in a job where he can't do much for 12 months.

I actually think this is a good thing.

He seems to be a man of action and also might help get some future trades over the line with previous contacts.
He isn't going to be a list manager, but it can't hurt ..

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now that Wright is confirmed as Deputy CEO, I can reveal that I have been appointed as Deputy CDO

(Corey Durdin Oompaloompa)
Oompa Loompa doompity doo,
I’ve got another riddle for you.

Oompa Loompa doompity dee,
Why did Corey hurt his shoulder, you see?

What can you do when you’re running too fast?
Should you take a moment, or just blast past?

If you don’t take care and push all the way,
Your body might say, “No more today!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgghh, another filth plant with a point to prove to old club….anyhow, best of luck Wrighty

I’d dare say this appointment will have a lot to do with the footy department, many were very anti that when Liddle was CEO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The biggest thing for me is not that he tries to override Austin or Lloyd, but having performed both of their jobs, he is going to have the ability to assess their performance when they report to him. Liddle didn't have this. He wanted to micro-manage off the strength of having Lloyd and Agresta in his ear.

You certainly couldn't question it if Wright had a voice in the way the footy department is being run, or on recruitment strategies because he had a better resume than those under him. Hopefully, we strengthen these areas and Wright can learn a lot over the next 12 months as far as the networking, and sponsorship aspect of the business go.

The biggest thing for me is not that he tries to override Austin or Lloyd, but having performed both of their jobs, he is going to have the ability to assess their performance when they report to him. Liddle didn't have this. He wanted to micro-manage off the strength of having Lloyd and Agresta in his ear.

You certainly couldn't question it if Wright had a voice in the way the footy department is being run, or on recruitment strategies because he had a better resume than those under him. Hopefully, we strengthen these areas and Wright can learn a lot over the next 12 months as far as the networking, and sponsorship aspect of the business go.

Yep. He can ask the right questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back