Barry Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to read the club is sticking to its guns and not getting bent over by the Swans.

What's the bet that five minutes before deadline the Swans accept our fourth rounder for Hall?

What's the bet that five minutes before deadline the Swans accept our fourth rounder for Hall?

It will be interesting to see whether the majority of the trades get done five minutes before deadline like as per tradition. It's a bit of a pain because when major deals get done with five minutes to go, it makes deals with the lesser players hard to get through because you run out of time.

Good to read the club is sticking to its guns and not getting bent over by the Swans.

Why would we bother, a late 4th round pick is not worth anything. The doggies will be the ones sweating it out if a deal is not done before the close of trade.

I imagine there would be much nashing of teeth come finals time next year if the Dogs still don't have a tall key forward and Hall is lined up in opposition colors

because clearly the third round pick will get the job done, but because the swans are dragging their heels to see how desperate we are, we are showing how desperate we are , i.e. not that desperate.

its all huff and puff from both sides but I suppose it has to be done.

Why would we bother, a late 4th round pick is not worth anything. The doggies will be the ones sweating it out if a deal is not done before the close of trade.

I imagine there would be much nashing of teeth come finals time next year if the Dogs still don't have a tall key forward and Hall is lined up in opposition colors

Considering we were seven points from a GF this year and the highest scoring team in the comp, we'd be able to survive comfortably without him - he's the cherry on top for 2010.

Plus, if he slips through to the PSD, who else is going to pick him up?

The question the Swans have to ask themselves is do they want to do get something for Hall who won't be coming back [like O'Keefe] or do they want to get nothing for him?

This is what a lot of Brisbane players said when Aker was going to be sent over. The trade was settled before the trade period begins. I expect a similar result next week with Sydney taking a 3rd - 4th Rounder for him and maybe a player.

Hall isn't even playing for Sydney, Hall has requested to be traded to the Bulldogs not a rival club. They have no power over us in this trade what so ever. Sydney can get something for him even if it is a late pick. They'll take it when push comes to shove.

Considering we were seven points from a GF this year and the highest scoring team in the comp, we'd be able to survive comfortably without him - he's the cherry on top for 2010.

Plus, if he slips through to the PSD, who else is going to pick him up?

The question the Swans have to ask themselves is do they want to do get something for Hall who won't be coming back [like O'Keefe] or do they want to get nothing for him?

Stefoid is probably on the money, but to answer your question I would rather let him walk to the PSD than let him go for a late 4th rounder.

We may not even have a pick then so basically the Bulldogs would be offering nothing

Sydney agreed to make the pathway easy for Hall to get to the club he wants.

If he goes into the PSD then Sydney get nothing at all.

If we lose out on Barry Hall because he was taken in the PSD prior to our pick then we still have options.

Bulldogs have all the cards here.

We're still a top 3 side without him.

That's assuming he doesn't get through to us in the PSD, which I believe he will in any case.

Stefoid is probably on the money, but to answer your question I would rather let him walk to the PSD than let him go for a late 4th rounder.

We may not even have a pick then so basically the Bulldogs would be offering nothing

well said

nothing is sounding pretty good to me.... much better than you guys trying to rape us on a deal

tell me dog fans.... which is more important

barry hall in you forward line the next few seasons.... or.... a late second rounder?

if you chose the second rounder, i guess premierships don't mean that much to you

if you guys don't think he's gonna be taken in the draft, so be it.... we're not complaining..... but don't be overly confident that you'll be the only club willing to draft him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose out on Barry Hall because he was taken in the PSD prior to our pick then we still have options.

That's assuming he doesn't get through to us in the PSD, which I believe he will in any case.

I'm sure your options are not as good as you think they are. fev wont be coming and neither will robbo who will most likely go onto a tv career.

+ fev and hall are heating things up considerably with carlton's salary cap problems with mclean coming in. carlton are also interested in ed barlow which means there is even more incentive.

we dont mind losing hall for nothing but dont blame us.

Oh the irony that is Paul Roos. He has had the audacity to heavily manipulate and fabricate stories about Hawthorn over the last couple of trade periods and now we are seeing him for what he really is.

Perhaps Roos should have said that the Swans will facilitate Hall to get to the club he wants to so long as we get what we want!

are you guys a premiership side though?

whether you guys believe that you need a key forward is somewhat irrelevant, as long as you guys believe you would be a better side with one

given your clubs interest in hall it suggests that you do

to win a premiership you'll have to play hard ball, your clubs offer for hall so far is marshmallow soft

Sydney agreed to make the road easy for Barry Hall to get to the club he wants.

So, either you take the trade offered and do right by your former player who has served your club admirably, or you spite everyone and end up with nothing.

Yeah, we are a premiereship side without Barry Hall. Sure, things will be easier with him, but we may even be more successful without him. You never know what next season brings. What we do know though is that Sydney will end up with nothing should he go into the PSD, and we'd still end up with a shot at getting him.

barry hall goes to PSD..... we get nothing

barry hall traded for pick 63.... we get an almost worthless pick and a slap in the face for accepting such an insulting offer

but as i said before.... if you guys want to take your chance in the psd, best of luck to ya

barry hall traded for pick 63.... we get an almost worthless pick and a slap in the face for accepting such an insulting offer

but as i said before.... if you guys want to take your chance in the psd, best of luck to ya

Much as I like to stare at your avatar, you are getting a little like a broken record here. Perhaps it's time to retire to the Swans' board.

The Bullies are playing hardball this trade time. High risk it may be, but that is the way they have chosen to go. Like it or lump it.

Booby Hall has nominated the dogs as his preferred side. Think back to the deals we made for Aker and Huddo - we got our man at our perferred price. You swans fans must have short mamaries. This bargaining at the moment is just a case of tit for tat.

Booby Hall has nominated the dogs as his preferred side. Think back to the deals we made for Aker and Huddo - we got our man at our perferred price. You swans fans must have short mamaries. This bargaining at the moment is just a case of tit for tat.

Funniest thing I've read on here for a while! :D

I agree with everything you just said....and wanted to wish you all the breast!

I went to a GF function a few years back and Aker was there with Rocket as guest speakers. Aker basically said that he was going to the Bulldogs, end of story.
Then Rocket spoke next and said that the way it works in trade week is that a player tells his club that if he has a preferred option and thats it, he then turns his phone off and the deal gets done.

Now if Hall goes into the PSD, I am pretty sure that the same kind of attitude will prevail. If Melbourne want to draft him surely his manager will just tell them he has a preferred option and he is going there?

I may be wrong but is that how you guys see it working?

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back