Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of what happens in the off-season, Battle is a great clubman and has always given his all. As Ross Lyon as said all year, there is a close relationship between all stakeholders and similar to Gresham, if he chooses to leave, the club benefits in the long run and it is a win-win if he chooses to utilise free agency.

If he was to move to the Hawks, I for one would not be booing him!

Getting a bit carried away with the use of 'great' here.

He is a good player who is making the choice to play for a club down the road. Good for him. It's a business decision but he doesn't warrant or deserve anything special for leaving.
100%

Good for Josh.
If we get band 1 then it’s just as good for the club.
End of the day, we pay money to support the club not individual players.
I’m not overly emotional with his impending departure, he’s a good player and we’ll miss him but we need currency for mids.
His leaving (should) get us that.

Hawks are having a blessed run at the moment. But with extra attention, a harder draw and less luck with injuries things might not be so rosy next year . So even if he goes there , as we’re on the rise I look forward to some good Battles over the next few years . Ross will work them out don’t worry .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldn't have asked the question unless his foot was already out the door; why else would you if it's just the end to another standard (and a bit disappointing) season.

I wouldn't really mind granting the request since I'm not that invested in the whole thing, but it's pretty odd for a mid career 122 gamer to get some sort of special treatment tbh. But computer says no and that's that. Good luck in the future to him.

It is only win win IF St Kilda get Band 1. Otherwise it is a clearly loss for us.

Actually only a win if we nail the pick. Brendan Goddard was a good idea until we blew the compensation

Don't be so naïve. He'd be in constant communication with the club and his management about. He and the club would both understand that the likely scenario if Hawthorn offer him enough for Band 1 is that we most likely wont and he will be free to leave and allow us to receive fair compensation
There's nothing naive about my comment, and it has nothing to do with him staying or going. Obviously business is business and Josh can make whatever decision he wants regarding his playing future.

But asking for a bit of "me time", like we should be celebrating his last game as if it was a milestone game, spits in the face of any team-first ethos we might have built up.

Wtf am I reading.

Josh has been a great player for our club, and he's obviously very proud to have played for us and is torn about leaving. If this is the last time he runs out for us who cares if he wants his daughter to be with him. I'm disappointed the AFL said no.

Too much negativity and vitriol around players, they're just people at the end of the day. They get treated like robots on here. The club has to build a good culture regardless if players come or go - it’s a professional environment and that's just what happens.
Is that you josh

Actually only a win if we nail the pick. Brendan Goddard was a good idea until we blew the compensation

While true, Battle will only be good to the Hawks if he dies not get injured.
And Battle at the end of the day will not make a huge difference to us UNLESS we build a better midfield.

In the meantime Band 1 we get good vale for him. Less than that and we do not.

Band one gives us two good cracks at improving our midfield over one. No Band one, and we only get one good crack, and then have to resort to Hail Mary's from our late picks.

His daughter probably loves the Saints and is shattered that dadda is leaving for a Club that has poo stains as colours. It’s probably more about her tbh, and although I’ve no issues with it, it does seem a wee bit entitled.

Either way he’s definitely out the door, all that matters now is the compo. Glad the AFL said No. And **** Hawthorn I hope they get found out big time as we steam roll to our 2nd 3rd and 4th Flags.

Also, did Battle get a little Botox in his lips? Don’t get me wrong he’s been a terrific Saint I’ve always stated, but does he look a little bit different now to a few years ago? Could be way off the mark there…

Singer Singing GIF by Carrie Underwood

His daughter probably loves the Saints and is shattered that dadda is leaving for a Club that has poo stains as colours. It’s probably more about her tbh, and although I’ve no issues with it, it does seem a wee bit entitled.

Either way he’s definitely out the door, all that matters now is the compo. Glad the AFL said No. And **** Hawthorn I hope they get found out big time as we steam roll to our 2nd 3rd and 4th Flags.

Also, did Battle get a little Botox in his lips? Don’t get me wrong he’s been a terrific Saint I’ve always stated, but does he look a little bit different now to a few years ago? Could be way off the mark there…
Nah pretty sure Battles lips are still the same.

fake-duck-lips.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back