Battlefield 3 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 1.87 kd and 550 spm, both are rising consistently.

Guys in my clan are pushing 2.8 I'd and 600 spm! But they get a fair bit of daytime gaming against the school holiday nubs, I'm strictly prime time in the evenings....

Those guys beat up all the school kids in the late afternoon. My stats are about the same as yours KD but a little less in SPM (482). Too much fing around in jets and general time wasting. Plus learning to fly the attack chooper.

Really not enjoying this game anymore, to be honest I had more fun on Bad Company 2.

I totally agree. And even BC1. I would call BF3 a fail in my books. There are some major things that just don't work. Mainly it's map design (a lot of game types on maps would be better on PC with bigger lobbies) but there are many other things that are a fail.

It's interesting that someone mentioned BC1. The great thing with that game (apart from the stellar map design) is that the weapons were really well done. Each had a range and purpose that separated them from the other classes and meant that you had to use them to their advantage. Now you need to rely upon the engineer class in so many cases because of the over crowding of vehicles and poor map design.

Kits were tweaked well in BC2 but overall the differences in gun characteristics weren't as apparent. BC2 still gets the nod because even though it lacked in the things I mentioned it was a tighter and more refined game with just the right amount of vehicular element and still allowed so much scope and choice. Simply the best.

My SPM is pretty average at 375 compared to some of you guys. My KDR is a shockingly low 1.04 which is quite terrible for a BF veteran such as myself but I only ever play rush, and IMO, it's harder to keep a good KDR playing rush than it is playing conquest or TDM.

Just out of curiosity, how many "MCOM Attacker" ribbons (destroy 3 MCOM's in a round) do people have? I have 21.

Can't say I agree with the difficulty of killing and scoring in Rush.

I've really started enjoy Rush now with the BtK maps and have started to invest more time in the game mode in preparation for competitive scrims.

In my last 3 sessions I've managed 4.5 hours on rush for 243 kills 84 deaths and 585 spm with 17 wins 5 losses. Almost all of that time has been recon class with the SKS and the MAV and my main objective is the provide intel with the MAV, provide a good spawn point for the squad, and cut the enemy off at their spawn. I have not been playing in a stacked team either and this includes the session when you joined me but party chat was broke...

I have 1 Mcom ribbon but doing the arming has not been my priority whilst using a medium range suppressed kit.

Rush on the original maps was a giant meat grinder clusterfk so your argument is or was valid but less so now...

I would say it's way easier to get a better KDR on Rush then it is on Conquest. Especially with all the vehicles.

Been playing really well last week or so. My KDR has gone up to 2.60 and is still rising! Last few days at the end of a session it's been over 3.

Agree. Rush is a KD boost. Hardly have the need to watch your back.

Can't say I agree with the difficulty of killing and scoring in Rush.

I've really started enjoy Rush now with the BtK maps and have started to invest more time in the game mode in preparation for competitive scrims.

In my last 3 sessions I've managed 4.5 hours on rush for 243 kills 84 deaths and 585 spm with 17 wins 5 losses. Almost all of that time has been recon class with the SKS and the MAV and my main objective is the provide intel with the MAV, provide a good spawn point for the squad, and cut the enemy off at their spawn. I have not been playing in a stacked team either and this includes the session when you joined me but party chat was broke...

I have 1 Mcom ribbon but doing the arming has not been my priority whilst using a medium range suppressed kit.

Rush on the original maps was a giant meat grinder clusterfk so your argument is or was valid but less so now...

I see what your saying GM, but I was mainly talking about players who make the M-COM's their main objective. So yeah, a sniper would be excused from the point I was making as most snipers play with a fairly similar game style regardless of the game mode ie. sniping, spotting with the MAV, providing a spawn point/beacon.

If you're just generally following your squad close to the action and trying to arm MCOM's and disarm them, like I mainly do, then IMO it's harder to keep a good KDR than playing conquest (even when capping flags is your main objective).

Don't get me wrong, I like both modes, was more just trying to bullshit myself up an excuse to cover up my dismal KDR :eek:

Drilling a chopper with a tank shell...

Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain why only sometimes i can spot an objective..
I put 70 hours in this game and i cant understand it....sometimes it works sometimes not.
An example is when i think we should defend B m-com and ill spot it up to give a message to my squad and it seems random if it will work or not

That defend 4-MCOM stations in 1 game ribbon is an absolute bitch, wrecking my SPM and it's the only ribbon left which I need for the Decorated Achievement.

80 hours in and i think I have had enough of this game
May keep going just for the level 45 achievement but will trade this in soon either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back