Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we are starting to float ideas to players/managers by hammering away on this point. i hope this thread dies soon so we can move on to Lachie and others who are onboard. Rather talk about who wants to be here.

Players & managers are waaaaaayy ahead of what goes on here :)

The one(s) being screwed over are always the last to know ;)

He would have been better saying nothing,refusing a interview,he just poured petrol on the fire

Respectfully, I disagree.

It would have been worse if he hadn't said anything. It would be a bad look for him (even if It best suited him) and it would have been a bad look for the club (althought it IS a greatly negative, its hardly surprising).

On very personal grounds we let him go. I do think the Lions have taken on what is going on in Dayne's life and the last few years and have been very respectful towards him.

THe question remains will he be as respectful to us in the future. For one, I would hope that Dayne gets in Eddie McEgo's ear and tells that muppet to STFU about northern interstate AFL organisations.

Given that most of my friends within AFL Queensland are Pies supporters, I've warmed to Buck's approach and philosophy towards footy and the approach their club has taken. Hell, I would love my club to have that meaningfulness in communities as they do. *Please not given that I am leaving South East Queensland for work, I no longer HAVE a club :(* )

Ok. Happy he’s gone and we got the 2 first rounders. He couldnt stay after all the bs he created. I’m done with Dayne the pain.

Now I can finally hit the draft threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd assume that Tim Notting has some sort of inside knowledge, but honestly those tweets read like they come from a fan with a chip on his shoulder. If we read that same stuff on here from any old poster with a pseudonym we'd probably roll our eyes and ignore it.

But if anyone in the club is feeding him inside info they should probably stop.

This whole episode has made me reflect on a famous quote:

“The evil that men do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones.”

I always thought it was about how others judge you, but perhaps there is elements of how one decision can undo good work.

The ending sort of undoes much of what has to be acknowledge a significant contribution by Beames. I can’t find it in myself to wish him all the best in the future.

You'd assume that Tim Notting has some sort of inside knowledge, but honestly those tweets read like they come from a fan with a chip on his shoulder. If we read that same stuff on here from any old poster with a pseudonym we'd probably roll our eyes and ignore it.

As much as people hate Caro or Barrett they arent going to talk about the same thing for months without any credibility.

As a Saints fan who is also a keen follower of the Lions (considering I live in Queensland) what Beams did should not prompt any respect whatsoever. To go out and say on record that your heart was always with Collingwood is just a straight spit in the face to the likes of Fagan and Noble who helped accomodate him and his family during some difficult times in his life (especially in his battle with injury/mental illness). The whole thing with the BnF speech as well shows the bloke is either a very confused individual or just simply lacks class. Anyways, as someone who's club will most likely be a perennial struggler for the next couple of years, I hope the Lions can go forward and become a top side again (Hopefully while giving Collingwood a touch up along the way!!)

Notting just tweets rubbish most of the time from memory, I wouldn't take anything he said seriously.

As much as people hate Caro or Barrett they arent going to talk about the same thing for months without any credibility.

As much as the media get slammed they have had a good run lately. We got pretty much every development with our club a week before it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back