Opinion Because a brand sponsors us does that make you buy their product?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Because a brand sponsors us does that make you buy their product?
I'm interested to see if you have started to buy more Puma products in the last 2 years because we are now sponsored by them? I certainly have.
I have also found myself using United petrol stations more as well.
I've looked at buying Bang & Olufsen headphones but they are way to pricey.

All things being equal i would. But in practice, not so much. I brought a car last year, but didn't buy a Jeep because they don't really make the type of cars I like. Looked into Bingle car insurance, first, but was able to get a better deal elsewhere.

If a Richmond sponsor was able to offer a similar product at a similar price to a competitor, I would definitely go for the sponsor's product.

Wouldn't buy a jeep if it was the last car maker on earth.
The wrangler is a terrific 4wd out performs nearly anything off road. Also the wrangler is very very reliable the other models have had their moments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have brought some stuff from Puma since we signed with em. I got some t shirts, some shorts and a couple of pairs of Puma suede’s and a cap. Before we went with Puma I hadn’t bought a Puma item since like 2004 lol.

The quality is better than Nike and just as good as Adidas and their logo looks so cool.

Nope. And when I watch ads on TV I don't even know what they're advertising. I just tune out.

Yep, I can pretty well avoid most advertising these day, just get on my pc or phone during ad breaks and barely pay attention. Or ofc skip ads on youtube which I watch way more than real TV these days anyway.

Never bought a single Jeep, Lite and Easy or Bingle product and they are the only RFC sponsors I can recall form the top of my head. I hate Essendon but I drive a KIA because it was a good price at the time and I have no regrets because my Cerato has been great for me so far.

I am happy the club gets money but I will always do what benefits me before some silly sponsor who will leave when it stops suiting them, they have no real loyalty to the club so why should I have loyalty to them?

Nope. And when I watch ads on TV I don't even know what they're advertising. I just tune out.
You can't really tune out because they are designed to be branded on your mind.I'm sure you'd be familiar with all the sponsors names!

You can't really tune out because they are designed to be branded on your mind.I'm sure you'd be familiar with all the sponsors names!
Sure am. Tetley, Esso, C.U.B...

I know the Richmond sponsors because I read the articles. And I often remember ads but if my girlfriend asks me who the brand is, half the time I have no idea.
Not to say I'm not influenced, but it works more on me when I look a product up, then I'm paying more attention to the spiel.
Sales tactics turn me off, even if it's a good product. Don't know why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Because a brand sponsors us does that make you buy their product?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back