List Mgmt. Calling All Armchair List Managers: Give Us Your Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep our picks and upgrade them if we can.

Retire a couple of our older blokes like Grimes & Prestia

The only delisting I'd make, and this might seem harsh to those fan boys out there and that's Cumberland, if he can't make our senior side while we are struggling with injuries then he isn't going to make it. (Try and trade him 1st but id be surprised if anyone will be interested in trading for him).

Try and retain Baker but if he chooses to leave, we need something decent in return. Don't let him go because we are good blokes to deal with.

I'd also look at trying to trade Graham back to SA even if it's for 3rd rounder. (we need to make room in our midfield for a few younger players)

Martin, I'd offer him a 1-year deal on normal salary. He is still capable but isn't that star match winner anymore. If he wants to retire or move on, then he goes out a champion of the club.

If we end up with having a couple of 1st rounders in this year's draft, we need to pick the best possible player we can with our 1st and then with our 2nd first rounder a KPP if any decent ones still remain. (If we somehow manage to score a 3rd first rounder that will be a bonus).

If we have any picks remaining come draft time that we might not use then we should try and trade them into next year, even if it's a 3rd rounder for next year's 3rd rounder.

So,

Out: Grimes, Prestia, Cumberland, Graham (Possibly Bakes if he wants to head home)

In: 4 to 5 roster spots open up for new draftees

Note: Colina will also be let go but he isn't really on our list anyway.
Why delist cumberland when we havent given him a chance? He would thrive at another club. Blame the selectors playing duds in front of him

Oh boy, we can really attack this draft.

Below I'll list our current picks, and sometimes I'll list another team's current pick, for some picks I'll just say "X rounder", as I'm assuming some mentioned will be going up the ladder.

Current picks:

1st round: 3 (with our injuries every chance this could slip to 2 or even 1)
2nd round: 23, 31 (Fremantle)
3rd round: 41, 42 (tied to West Coast), 49 (tied to Fremantle)
4th round: 59, 65 (tied to Collingwood), 70 (tied to Port Adelaide)

Trades:

• Daniel Rioli & Dustin Martin to Gold Coast, receive pick 8 & 26
  • Liam Baker, Nathan Broad & 65 to Fremantle, receive pick 9
  • Jack Graham Free Agent to Adelaide, receive pick 37 compensation
  • Picks 31, 42 & 49 to Brisbane, receive 1st rounder
  • Picks 37, 41 & 59 to Carlton, receive 1st rounder

Revised Picks (some positional guesses):

1st round: 3, 8, 9, 14 (Brisbane's 1st rounder), 15 (Carlton's 1st rounder)
2nd round: 23, 26
3rd round:
4th round: 70

2025 starting team:

Brown, Young, Gibcus
Vlastuin, Miller, Trezise
Clarke, Hopper, Ralphsmith
Bolton, Balta, Campbell
M Rioli, Lynch, Mansell
Nankervis, Taranto, Ross
Short, Sonsie, Dow, McAuliffe

That side will still do some damage but we'll have picks 3, 8, 9, 14, 15, 23 and 26 sitting on the list to develop for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Keep our picks and upgrade them if we can.

Retire a couple of our older blokes like Grimes & Prestia

The only delisting I'd make, and this might seem harsh to those fan boys out there and that's Cumberland, if he can't make our senior side while we are struggling with injuries then he isn't going to make it. (Try and trade him 1st but id be surprised if anyone will be interested in trading for him).

Try and retain Baker but if he chooses to leave, we need something decent in return. Don't let him go because we are good blokes to deal with.

I'd also look at trying to trade Graham back to SA even if it's for 3rd rounder. (we need to make room in our midfield for a few younger players)

Martin, I'd offer him a 1-year deal on normal salary. He is still capable but isn't that star match winner anymore. If he wants to retire or move on, then he goes out a champion of the club.

If we end up with having a couple of 1st rounders in this year's draft, we need to pick the best possible player we can with our 1st and then with our 2nd first rounder a KPP if any decent ones still remain. (If we somehow manage to score a 3rd first rounder that will be a bonus).

If we have any picks remaining come draft time that we might not use then we should try and trade them into next year, even if it's a 3rd rounder for next year's 3rd rounder.

So,

Out: Grimes, Prestia, Cumberland, Graham (Possibly Bakes if he wants to head home)

In: 4 to 5 roster spots open up for new draftees

Note: Colina will also be let go but he isn't really on our list anyway.
kmac must retire as well.

Below I'll list our current picks, and sometimes I'll list another team's current pick, for some picks I'll just say "X rounder", as I'm assuming some mentioned will be going up the ladder.

Current picks:

Trades:

3rd round:

2025 starting team:

Brown, Young, Gibcus
Bolton, Balta, Clarke
M Rioli, Lynch, Mansell
Nankervis, Taranto, Ross

That side will still do some damage but we'll have picks 3, 8, 9, 14, 15, 23 and 26 sitting on the list to develop for a couple of years.
If all that happens then i believe in the Tooth Fairy.

It's been 5 weeks since I replied to this thread with my initial rebuild plan and I thought I'd give a bit of an update on what I'd do.

Firstly the MSD is coming up at the end of May and we have 2 spots available due to Gibcus and Clarke having ACL injuries. At the moment we hold picks 2 & 14 as Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Saints, Sydney & WCE don't have openings and I don't see it changing too much from that. With our first pick Jasper Scaife would be an ideal pick up should North overlook him with pick 1. He would be an ideal addition to our list this year and into 2025. With the 2nd pick in the MSD I like the look of Will McLachlan from Geelong if still available. He is a 185cm medium forward who has kicked 11 goals in 2 U18 games this year as an over aged kid and kicked 7 goals in 3 finals games at U18 level in 2023. We could definitely use an injection of scoring power up forward heading into the 2025 season.

As far as our list goes with regards to changes I'd make the following changes currently (things can change depending on form)
Delist: Colina Coulthard Cumberland(if he can't be traded) McIntosh
Free Agency or Re-Sign: Graham hopefully can get a free agency deal that nets us an end of 2nd pick if not I'd sign him to a 2 year deal as insurance while younger options are developed.
Retire: Grimes Martin Prestia Naismith(I'd offer him a 1 year deal as insurance if his body is still good)

I'd like to retain Baker, but too much chat says that he is gone so something would have to change for him to remain with us beyond this year. I know many are expecting a top 10 pick for him leaving, but I see us getting a early-mid teens pick for him.

That would create up to 8 senior list spots and 2 rookie spots. I'd look to fill 3 of the senior spots by upgrading Trezise Lefau & Campbell.

Current Draft picks: 3, 23, 31, 41, 42, 49, 59, 65 & 70

The first 3 picks and the pick we get for Baker(12-16) are untouchable. Ideally we trade the 3 picks in the 40s & 59 for a pick between 15 & 30 which gives us 5 picks inside the first 2 rounds yet again. I'd use 65 & 70 for the rookie upgrades mentioned above.

List needs at the draft are class midfielders & KPP talent, preferably 3 midfielders a KPD & a KPF.

Hawks will have a MSD pick now, Butler broke his leg in the VFL. Wont be easy to drop below them before then.

It's not that farfetched, there's gonna be a huge amount of movement for us this off season, and I think we'll be able to really capitalise on Brisbane and Carlton needing picks for academy players.
Carlton drive a hard bargain and are difficult to deal with.
Brisbane deal is more likely.
Rioli pick 8 and Dusty Pick 26 I'm assuming that's what you meant or is it a package deal which i don't think that will happen bc Dan is still contracted ?
JGTI is losing value by the game atm.
Broad and Baker for pick 9 could be unders for me.

Plus is the club going to be ruthless?

The other thing to consider is that there's no point having all these first round picks if it's a weak draft , so I hope the club does it's homework.

Current picks:

Trades:

3rd round:

2025 starting team:

Brown, Young, Gibcus
Bolton, Balta, Campbell
M Rioli, Lynch, Mansell
Nankervis, Taranto, Ross

GC don't need Dusty and coulnd't afford him and Rioli.
Broad is the last type of player Freo need
Those picks won't be enough to secure 1st rounders from Lions or Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1714449328166.png

Might not belong here but didn't want to start a new thread over it. AFL site has a article about each clubs "most underrated player"

Gotta laugh they have Broad as ours, says something about where we are at. He has been a great defender, but his best is really behind him. He is currently somewhere between 70-80% of his peak level & he is our most "underrated player"?

to be fair, i would struggle to pick one at the moment too - but far out.

Also find it weird that they selected ours based on comments made by our previous coach & not our current one. Pretty disrespectful to Adem if you ask me. It's time for Dimma & Richmond to move on from each other & the AFL website should do better

If Dusty & Rioli want to go to GC, they will get them both. Mark it down. If either of them say the words publicly, it will happen

GC will pay big overs for any player who can help them take the next step. They don’t need the high end picks. So I’d not trade Rioli, but if he does want to exit then it’ll be great if he chooses GC.

Wouldn’t be a bad result to have a triple Premiership player and then get a 1st round pick for him nearly a decade after he debuted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had a look at the total points, those picks will absolutely be enough.
Ashcroft is expected to be top 3. Pick 3 = 2234 points. Picks 31, 42 and 49 = 1288 points. Even with the 20% discount, a selection at pick 3 would come down to 1787 points required.

The Camporeales aren't rated as highly so while 31, 42 and 49 might cover the points for one of them, someone else would offer more, comfortably, for pick ~15. Especially when Blues will need points for the 2nd twin and then at least 1 or 2 more decent picks for the draft pool.

Current picks:

Trades:

3rd round:

2025 starting team:

Brown, Young, Gibcus
Bolton, Balta, Campbell
M Rioli, Lynch, Mansell
Nankervis, Taranto, Ross

The good thing with this is its about 3 years worth of round 1 and 2 picks, so I think that rebuilds a pretty young team, combined with the 5 from 2021.

GC will pay big overs for any player who can help them take the next step. They don’t need the high end picks. So I’d not trade Rioli, but if he does want to exit then it’ll be great if he chooses GC.

Wouldn’t be a bad result to have a triple Premiership player and then get a 1st round pick for him nearly a decade after he debuted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah pretty much how i feel. I wouldn't actively shop him, one of the few players we have i would keep as a real building bloke (ie would prefer to move on Short). But if the Suns can provide 2 first round picks, or, Moyle + a first rounder ( with other picks from us to balance that out) , i'd take it in a heart beat

Outside the re-signing of Ryan, sounds like they are planning to do what i wanted them to do

Quality over quantity of picks - bundle several picks to move up the draft :thumbsu:

Just not sure on Ryan - not sure if we should be committing multiple years to him, but happy to be proven wrong if the club re-signs him and he can make a leap

I am not going to talk about the rebuild or a rebuild of sorts specifically, but I am very happy with this year.

RFC going forward looks so much better as we play more youngsters and start to grow again.

The footy played by other clubs and those up the top I have not been impressed with that much entertainment wise. There seems more running and less footy prowess so someone like Harley Reid stands out because of contested brilliance.

So it is a good time to rebuild even if we are not because we are not missing out on much not being up the top as the footy has been iffy anyway to watch

I am excited by the youth, growth and improvement to come in the years ahead. Quite happy with RFC at the moment I have to say,

Last edited:
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back