BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL's best side would defeat BFL's best side. The competions are getting more even but i would say overall BFL would still be a little stronger. :footy:

you serious mate? ammos/drys would beat thomson/bph/east geelong by 15 goals. the leauges are miles apart. GDFL's a horrible standard

GDFL's best side would defeat BFL's best side. The competions are getting more even but i would say overall BFL would still be a little stronger. :footy:

you absolute twat is pretty much all i can say. the strong sides of the bfl would demolish any of the good sides in the gdfl. you can not compare the 2. if you want to play shit dirty footy go play gdfl, if you wanna play a good standard play in the bfl. and if you wanna play in a great standard play in the gfl.

you absolute twat is pretty much all i can say. the strong sides of the bfl would demolish any of the good sides in the gdfl. you can not compare the 2. if you want to play shit dirty footy go play gdfl, if you wanna play a good standard play in the bfl. and if you wanna play in a great standard play in the gfl.
your kidding yourself if you they think they are anywhere near each other have played in both and can tell you there is a hell of a difference

The GDFL Interleague side would beat the BFL interleague side ! And nfc25 i dont think you can comment ! Im guessing your from Newcomb, my sons under 11 side would give you lads a touch up ! Easily one of the worst football sides/ clubs i have ever seen in my days in local football, as for you other 2 lads that disagreed il just head down the supermarket and buy a couple of boxes of tissues so you can both wipe those tears away.....

The GDFL Interleague side would beat the BFL interleague side ! And nfc25 i dont think you can comment ! Im guessing your from Newcomb, my sons under 11 side would give you lads a touch up ! Easily one of the worst football sides/ clubs i have ever seen in my days in local football, as for you other 2 lads that disagreed il just head down the supermarket and buy a couple of boxes of tissues so you can both wipe those tears away.....
one word for you voice you are an absolute KNOB

Silent Butcher no need for that filth !

Give me your best BFL side on paper and il give you mine and then you may see where im coming from sooky pants !

you serious mate? ammos/drys would beat thomson/bph/east geelong by 15 goals. the leauges are miles apart. GDFL's a horrible standard

Not that it counts realy but ammos are playing centrals in a pracy match this year.......And if ammos are putting there hopes on adam taylor taking them to a premiership at the age that he is now well then centrals should beat ammos by 10gls.......

Adam taylor WAS a fantastic, courages hard nut footballer in hes day, not at 33-34 and 15kgs heavier..

firstly im not from newcomb, if i had to say i followed any local side it would be thomson in the gdfl. but in saying that im not a complete ****** and know that there is a huge difference in the 2 standards of football. GDFL has some quality players, but overall is a much weaker comp than bfl

Give me your best BFL side on paper and il give you mine and then you may see where im coming from sooky pants !

touchy subject voice,if you dont like the truth why would you post a joke of a comment..I watched the gdfl grandfinal this year and was a very ordinary game skills wise.There is a big difference but keep telling yourself that there's not if it makes you happy..

Voice you have really got to be kidding yourself... everything you ever write is absolute dribble. Dont get me wrong its alright to have an opinion, but if you really believe that the GDFL's best team would beat the BFL's best team, your an absolute unit... seriously ask anyone from the Geelong and areas with half a brain which league is of a higher standard and i think you'll find BFL will come up a lot more...

Silly argument. The Ammos side of last year would beat the GDFL interleague, and they couldn't even win the flag! And how can you have a go at Newcomb(as pathetic as they are) when your league has put up with the garbage that is Winchelsea, Blue West and Anakie for years(i won't even mention St.Leonards!). Why people want to argue who is the best is beyond me, just enjoy your league, enjoy following your team, at the end of the day who gives a stuff!

I'm totally in agreement with the Voice, there's not a great deal of difference these days between GDFL and BFL. BFL die hards are holding onto the past when the GD was struggling, but now only Ammos would have it over most GD sides on there day. All the other BFL sides are even with GD teams with newcomb being the worst side in Geelong.
And even though the depth of some GD teams without U/18 teams may struggle with there bottom 5 players the cream at the top would more than match the BFL. If your a good player your good in any league.

I'm totally in agreement with the Voice, there's not a great deal of difference these days between GDFL and BFL. BFL die hards are holding onto the past when the GD was struggling, but now only Ammos would have it over most GD sides on there day. All the other BFL sides are even with GD teams with newcomb being the worst side in Geelong.
And even though the depth of some GD teams without U/18 teams may struggle with there bottom 5 players the cream at the top would more than match the BFL. If your a good player your good in any league.
complete and utter dribble grassman ! the difference in standard is massive ,i know of very ordinary twos players at bfl that have gone to gdfl and been good ones players! it is only gdfl nuffies that believe their league is better ,admittedly their are a few class players at each club but the standard drops off dramaticaly after them. Enjoy your league for what it is but dont try and talk it up you simply lose all credibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty pointless argument that we'll never know who's right or wrong about coz the bfl will not sack up and play the gdfl for fear of losing credibility!!!

Overall bfl would be stronger but for anyone to say Ammo's or Drysdale would beat East or Thomson by 15 goals is just talking shite..

think grassman has smoked way to much grass!!

Totally agree with you tim finnigan. Gage and Dowie were good honest 'GDFL nuffies' when they played with Thomson. Grand final day the destroyed the so called mighty Ammos.

Totally agree with you tim finnigan. Gage and Dowie were good honest 'GDFL nuffies' when they played with Thomson. Grand final day the destroyed the so called mighty Ammos.

Whitley everyone knows playing in better teams, makes you a better player, fortunate wif gage and dowie drysdale have a really good list and would smash any team in the gdfl, its a shit agurement, bfl is a better standard of football and get used to it!

Tried to quote this but didn't work....

Drysdale - Paul Davis has been training with the Hawks. Not sure if he has committed though.

Ammos - Chris Kangars, Adam Taylor

Barwon Heads - Barwon Heads shaping up to be the big recruiters...Including Clinton Gray- otherwise known as 'the whippet' for his blistering pace. Runs a 10.4 hundred and will be a crowd favourite on the wing in the battle of the bridge. A fair few other new faces there as well.

Newcomb - Craig Morrison

Anglesea -

Queenscliff - Tom Limb?

Torquay - Plenty of St Albans boys? Names?

Ocean Grove - Bernie Lynch, Greg Costello

Portarlington - Ged Brody (New coach)

Modewarre - Melton South boys. Plenty have left to Lorne though.

Any help filling this out would be great

Barwon Heads - Barwon Heads shaping up to be the big recruiters...Including Clinton Gray- otherwise known as 'the whippet' for his blistering pace. Runs a 10.4 hundred and will be a crowd favourite on the wing in the battle of the bridge. A fair few other new faces there as well.

Who is Clinton Gray? Can he play or just run :D

i think we've had about 70 people show up to drysdale training this year!!

davis (port) trained once, back at port

new players at drysdale though are ahmed ahmet (spelling) from leopold, whats he like??
and leigh clifford has come down this week too!

Whitley everyone knows playing in better teams, makes you a better player, fortunate wif gage and dowie drysdale have a really good list and would smash any team in the gdfl, its a shit agurement, bfl is a better standard of football and get used to it!
I think they are too hard to compare as the 2 leagues play different brands of football. If you collect the top 20 from each league, as they will later this year I dont think there would that much difference.

If you went club by club my thoughts are that the BFL sides would have 5-8 quality players, 8-10 good ordinary players and then a few good 2's players filling out the side versus a GD side having 3-5 quality players, 5-8 good ordinary players and then interchangeable 2's players making up the team.

If East played Drysdale the result would be pretty close if you have a look at the personnel that both put on the park during the year.

Who is Clinton Gray? Can he play or just run :D

Pretty sure Clinton Gray's about 25yo. Played junior footy and i think some senior footy at Joey's. Is true he can run like the wind, represented Vic in athletics in his teens and is pretty handy on the field. May have played last season with Blue West????

i think we've had about 70 people show up to drysdale training this year!!

davis (port) trained once, back at port

new players at drysdale though are ahmed ahmet (spelling) from leopold, whats he like??
and leigh clifford has come down this week too!

Big unit, fairly sure he played full back at the pold, will certainly hold down that spot at Drysdale you'd think. Think he may have also played full forward a few times too, but like i said he's a big boy...

Pretty sure Clinton Gray's about 25yo. Played junior footy and i think some senior footy at Joey's. Is true he can run like the wind, represented Vic in athletics in his teens and is pretty handy on the field. May have played last season with Blue West????

Yeah that's him. He's just gotta get down to training more now, think its tough for him with his ahtletic commitments.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back