BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened at Heads over the weekend? They won by 10 goals and the coach gets the sack... Surely there is more to this story.

Didn't he quit mid preseason and was coerced into staying on, 5 games in and he is gone?

I hope as bad as we have been, we give Luke the season.

Heads seem in a bit of disarray..

what about those coutas on the weekend?

torquay did not look like a finals contender.

We certainly didn't. I dont know what has gone wrong. We started well against Drysdale, but even the win against Modda there was worrying signs. Adam Bird has been good, but too much is left to too few. The big names recruits aren't giving us much, look good at times but not consistent enough. Get some of the good kids in, at least they will have a go and give 100%. The extra pace wont hurt either.

I will add though, the Coutas were very impressive, best side I have seen this year. Good quick players, use the ball well, plenty of options up forward and prepared to take risks. Heard there coach at 1/4 time, he spoke well and he goes alright, clear instructions good game plan. Like to see them against an Anglesea. Midfield with Gobbs, Orvis, Measures and Holmes, plus fwd options, they will be hard to beat and I reckon certain Top 3 at this stage.

Tigers were never going to be a Premiership chance with Tim Michell picking us in the record before Rd 1 to win it. His tips are like the Kiss of death.

I thought Ocean Grove as did a few of Big Footy regulars were over rated, but maybe they are the real deal, smashed Drysy on the weekend.

Heads in turmoil, that has been the story of past 4 years, the only difference this time it is actually in the papers.

Anyone watch Sea's Modda game? Seb Kent missed, what is wrong with him?

We certainly didn't. I dont know what has gone wrong. We started well against Drysdale, but even the win against Modda there was worrying signs. Adam Bird has been good, but too much is left to too few. The big names recruits aren't giving us much, look good at times but not consistent enough. Get some of the good kids in, at least they will have a go and give 100%. The extra pace wont hurt either.

I will add though, the Coutas were very impressive, best side I have seen this year. Good quick players, use the ball well, plenty of options up forward and prepared to take risks. Heard there coach at 1/4 time, he spoke well and he goes alright, clear instructions good game plan. Like to see them against an Anglesea. Midfield with Gobbs, Orvis, Measures and Holmes, plus fwd options, they will be hard to beat and I reckon certain Top 3 at this stage.
The Tigers were a disgrace.No passion no urgency no interest.They made the coutas look like the best side in the comp yet they have only beaten 4 of the bottom 5 sides so the jury must surely be still out. I fear for the interleague side with so many torquay players in the squad.

The Tigers were a disgrace.No passion no urgency no interest.They made the coutas look like the best side in the comp yet they have only beaten 4 of the bottom 5 sides so the jury must surely be still out. I fear for the interleague side with so many torquay players in the squad.

Speaking of interleague who are players in the initial squad

Anglesea:
Ocean Grove:
Queenscliff:
Drysdal:
Torquay:
Modewarre:
Geelong Amateur:
Barwon Heads:
Newcomb:
Portarlington:

Can Queenscliff continue their form against an Ammos team desperate to get on the winners list??

This surely has to be match of the round to test where both teams are at.

Could be a telling game.

This weeks predictions

Some seasons are on very much on the line

Drysdale to beat Newcomb by 26 points only
Anglesea to beat Barwon Heads by 35 points after a tough week at the heads
Ocean Grove to beat Modda and kill any chance of finals in 2011 by 13 points
Queenscliff to inflict more pain on Ammo's inconsistent start by 7 points
Tigers (if we cant win this week, watch out) to beat Portarlington by 49 points and resurrect our season

No upsets that I can predict, but BFL can produce funny results,

Good signing for Anglesea during the week in picking up ex Daylesford onballer Luke Adams. Will be a very handy inclusion to the midfield.

This weeks predictions

Some seasons are on very much on the line

Drysdale to beat Newcomb by 26 points only
Anglesea to beat Barwon Heads by 35 points after a tough week at the heads
Ocean Grove to beat Modda and kill any chance of finals in 2011 by 13 points
Queenscliff to inflict more pain on Ammo's inconsistent start by 7 points
Tigers (if we cant win this week, watch out) to beat Portarlington by 49 points and resurrect our season

No upsets that I can predict, but BFL can produce funny results,

I would hardly think a win over Portarlington would "RESURRECT" a season:confused:

Beach Boy - You got your wish - Good to see some changes and pace included with Willsy and Ricky both selected,

Regardless if it resurrects our season, we need a win. We play Anglesea next week, so a confidence boost wont hurt.

Go tiges.

watched until just before half time and tigers were looking like a training drill, so I headed over to Barwon Heads.

They played a good discplined game, super team effort. I know everyone has been talking Seb Kent up, but he was super in the 2nd half on Saturday. He has to be a certain starter in the interleague side.

Interesting to see how many Queenscliff guys get in seeing they played pretty ordinary against the coach. On one hand Robbo would have been pleased beating them and getting 3 wins in a row, but would have been concerned with a few players form. That for me was a bigger result than Barwon Heads winning, the week before Coutas were super

Well done to rising gun David Allitt, super impressive debut and may not play U18s again

I saw this on GFL Forum, so thought it would be good to see after 6 Games in,

Lets see who has changed there predictions on

Premiership?
Top spot?
Wooden Spoon?
Top 5?
Medalist?

Biggest surprise so far?
Biggest surprise next 12 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership: Drysdale
Top spot: Anglesea
Wooden Spoon: Port
Top 5:
Anglesea
Ocean Grove
Drysdale
Ammos
Queenscliff
Medalist: Ricardo
Biggest surprise so far: Torquay
Biggest surprise next 12 games: Torquay not making finals

watched until just before half time and tigers were looking like a training drill, so I headed over to Barwon Heads.

They played a good discplined game, super team effort. I know everyone has been talking Seb Kent up, but he was super in the 2nd half on Saturday. He has to be a certain starter in the interleague side.

Interesting to see how many Queenscliff guys get in seeing they played pretty ordinary against the coach. On one hand Robbo would have been pleased beating them and getting 3 wins in a row, but would have been concerned with a few players form. That for me was a bigger result than Barwon Heads winning, the week before Coutas were super

Well done to rising gun David Allitt, super impressive debut and may not play U18s again

I agree on David Allitt Beach Boy, a very impressive senior debut. He adds to a fairly talented and well drilled list of young players to come out of the U/18's recently. Wes Mitchell, Adam Gross, Rory Cahir have also made an impact at senior level when stepping directly from U/18 level. It says a fair bit for the U/18 coaching staff at Torquay. Hopefully there a more gems down there waiting for their chance.

Premiership - Anglesea
Top spot - Anglesea
Wooden Spoon - Portarlington
Top 5 - Anglesea, Ammos, grubbers, coutas, hawks
Medalist - Seb Kent

Biggest surprise so far Grubbers on top
Biggest surprise next 12 games - I have 2. Newcomb to beat Modda this week, another coach not to make year end (Either quit or be sacked)

Premiership - Anglesea
Top spot - anglesea
Top 5 - Anglesea, ammos, grubbers, coutas, torquay
Medalist - Daine Taylor ( although in-eligible ) silkiest mover in the comp.

Biggest surprise so far: anglesea's consistency
Biggest surprise next 12 games: Torquay to take control

Rd 7 Predictions

Tigers to knock Anglesea off for 2nd week in a row by 2 points
Newcomb to beat Modda by 9 points
Grove to beat barwon Heads by 36 points
Queenscliff to flattrack bully Port by 130 points
Ammos to beat drysdale by 40 points

Therefore Top 4 really start to split from the pack and leave 5th spot wide open. If Tigers win, we are in on Saturday night providing results go our way.

I think the break is needed for some clubs to regroup, Good luck to all players who represent BFL next week

Premiership - Anglesea
Top spot - anglesea
Top 5 - Anglesea, ammos, grubbers, coutas, torquay
Medalist - Daine Taylor ( although in-eligible ) silkiest mover in the comp.

Biggest surprise so far: anglesea's consistency
Biggest surprise next 12 games: Torquay to take control

Angleseas did lose on the weekend, it can't be that much of a surprise to see them 5-1 with the recruits they picked up.

Smashed again,

Poor skills, game plan which isn't working, everyone blamiong someone else. No passion, just frustration. The break couldn't have come at a better time.

I really hope that Luke can turn things around. By stating we aren't premiership contenders and never thought we were, is a contradicton on what was promised.

5th Spot is still open and we all know if we make, what can happen. My fear is we are too far behind, not in win/loss but attitude, passion and care factor.

Its hard to say whats going wrong down at tigerland.
as an outsider looking in, you can tell that the is some cracks starting to form, in the coach / player relationships, and in the player/ player relationships.

the players are down on form, there work rate and desire to play committed team football is deminished, and i think overall there faith in themselves is shot.
alot of hype over the off season that " this could be the year " has certainly got alot of people scratching there heads wondering where its falling apart.
looking at the side on paper, one comes to ask how can they be in the rut they are in? the only player who is consitently good even against the top sides, is Taylor.

time for some hard truths to get the tigers back on track

Sad to hear about the tigers problems, with there junior set up and growing population I,m sure they will finish top 3 more often than not in the future. The problem down at portarlington needs to be looked at, it is not good for local footy for this to continue. I was there when they played b/heads and to there credit they were competitive to 3/4 time and then b/heads blew them away in the last 1/4. They seem unable to keep there juniors, there supporters are not attending games and for the hard working unpaid people that keep this football going I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Went down to queenscliff today to watch what i though would be an easy win to the Roos, considering the interleague bans to the coutas and the injuries to other key players. Wow what a surprise. The Coutas were outstanding and full credit to them. Good results so far to the roos might have hidden the fact that Primus just isn't up to it. How a coach can set an example when he spends the first 15 minutes every quarter on the pine i do not know.

Might be unheard of for a team in the top 3 but player confidence is so low in Primus that it would not be a surprise if Mensch is the new coach by round 12. You can handle a good player that can't coach and vice versa, but when you have neither its not good. Looks like both brothers get their coaching genes from the Primus side not the the Hickey side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back