BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

who have Port lost/ gained ????

Are you guys referring to Tom Foott coming back from Melbourne as being the ruckman and CHB....very mobile and athletic, will be a good pick up. Was mentioned a little while ago, his brother Harrison already plays for the club.

Weight of money for OG, I tightened them up.

Obviously I got that wrong by the feedback. How do the others look?

My prediction if I worked as a bookie (and used last year as a guide)
Ammos $2.50
Torquay $3.30
Drysdale $4.00
Queencliff $6.00
Anglesea $7.00
Ocean Grove $8 $5.50
Modda $21
Barwon heads $33
Newcomb $66
Port $100

Go Tigers.

Great recruits, training house down. Probably best coach in comp, good facilities and have invested in 2011 being successful.

Get on at any odds.

who have Port lost/ gained ????

By the look of the clearances on the Football Geelong website there are 9 players leaving ( Look at the names there and there are some very handy players amongst them ) and no players going to Port at this stage. Lets hope the new signings are coming soon.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Any news on the coutas. Nothing in the paper or anything!! Maybe they are keeping their cards close to their chest down at the bowl :confused::confused::confused:

can anyone shed some light on how torquays new reruits are shaping up?
there is a new guy down there carving up the track, looks like a newby. anyone know who im talking about, wheres red shoes?

By the look of the clearances on the Football Geelong website there are 9 players leaving ( Look at the names there and there are some very handy players amongst them ) and no players going to Port at this stage. Lets hope the new signings are coming soon.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Nine sounds about right with more to come, former player Mick Drew has submitted a clearance from Nth Footscray to Port, no idea why, they will struggle to fill two sides and win a game.

Spent a bit of time in America playing footy last year. Barwon Heads has a guy coming over from the states to play this year. Heard he is pretty fit and decent skills. Is apart of the USA U/23 team. Not sure if he can make a difference at this level but will be interesting to see if he can play a few senior games. Good story none the less

The mighty tigers open there campaign on Friday night down at Anglesea. Looking forwards to the new recruits running around, I think it will be the year of the tigers. Luke has the boys super fit, they look strong, just need the structures to work and we will be hard to beat

Spent a bit of time in America playing footy last year. Barwon Heads has a guy coming over from the states to play this year. Heard he is pretty fit and decent skills. Is apart of the USA U/23 team. Not sure if he can make a difference at this level but will be interesting to see if he can play a few senior games. Good story none the less

Have you heard how he's been going? Interesting story of who can make better international players, US or Irish.

The mighty tigers open there campaign on Friday night down at Anglesea. Looking forwards to the new recruits running around, I think it will be the year of the tigers. Luke has the boys super fit, they look strong, just need the structures to work and we will be hard to beat
how is their practice match form?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice Match Updates from the weekend

Old news but Angelsea beat Torquay in their practice match a few weeks back.

Torquay to play Epping FC this weekend.

Drysdale took on East Point FC. Any reports?

Ocean Grove comfortably beat Hampten Rovers on the weekend. OG were full strength and controlled most of the 2nd/3rd/4th quarters. Picked up some talent and lost hardley anyone. With the depth they could be thereabouts.

Geelong Ammos played Cobden and had a win. They play South Barwon this weekend.

Barwon Heads took on the Bairnsdale Red Legs. Not sure of the results.

Queenscliff to play Grovedale this weekend.

Portarlington played Port Fairy. Unsure of results

Newcome played Anakie. Unsure of results.

Did Modda play Werribee?

Practice Match Updates from the weekend

Old news but Angelsea beat Torquay in their practice match a few weeks back.

Torquay to play Epping FC this weekend.

Drysdale took on East Point FC. Any reports?

Ocean Grove comfortably beat Hampten Rovers on the weekend. OG were full strength and controlled most of the 2nd/3rd/4th quarters. Picked up some talent and lost hardley anyone. With the depth they could be thereabouts.

Geelong Ammos played Cobden and had a win. They play South Barwon this weekend.

Barwon Heads took on the Bairnsdale Red Legs. Not sure of the results.

Queenscliff to play Grovedale this weekend.

Portarlington played Port Fairy. Unsure of results

Newcome played Anakie. Unsure of results.

Did Modda play Werribee?

Modda played Nth Geelong 2 weeks ago comfortable victory 8 -10 goals i think with several players out.
Played Sunbury Kangaroos on the weekend won by 10 goals, playing Camperdown this week.

Went and watched Anglesea play Albanvale and they smashed them. They beat us fairly comfortable a few weeks back and look like having a real shot at the flag. Reckon conservatively they won by 25 goals on Saturday and Albanvale aren't too bad. Heard Barwon Heads copped another flogging by heidelberg and Grubbers were competitive against Strathmore but were beaten fairly easily.

Could be pre season dribble, but I'm leaning towards Ammo, Seas and Tiges to be Tp 3, with QC, Drys and grubbers to fit out last 2 spots. I know Modda have improved and expect to play finals, but looks like the Top sides have recruited too well and cant see the gap closing.

Exciting Rd 1 coming up, bring on the real season. also does anyone know when addy does there preview? Interesting to see what they know and think.

Go tigers in 2011

Went and watched Anglesea play Albanvale and they smashed them. They beat us fairly comfortable a few weeks back and look like having a real shot at the flag. Reckon conservatively they won by 25 goals on Saturday and Albanvale aren't too bad. Heard Barwon Heads copped another flogging by heidelberg and Grubbers were competitive against Strathmore but were beaten fairly easily.

Could be pre season dribble, but I'm leaning towards Ammo, Seas and Tiges to be Tp 3, with QC, Drys and grubbers to fit out last 2 spots. I know Modda have improved and expect to play finals, but looks like the Top sides have recruited too well and cant see the gap closing.

Exciting Rd 1 coming up, bring on the real season. also does anyone know when addy does there preview? Interesting to see what they know and think.

Go tigers in 2011

Modda went down by a goal to Camperdown in pretty good game to watch.
Modda have definately improved but as Beach Boy said so have all the teams that played finals last year as well as OG, it's going to be very tough to squeeze into that final 5.

Went and had a little look at Queenscliff vs Grovedale. It was pretty windy at grovey and the cliff were inaccurate. they won by a few goals but had most of the footy all day. Holmes was the runner. Owen dominated last half. looks like the coutas will be there abouts again. grovedale weren't great but they are still a GFL side so good form by the coutas

Went and had a little look at Queenscliff vs Grovedale. It was pretty windy at grovey and the cliff were inaccurate. they won by a few goals but had most of the footy all day. Holmes was the runner. Owen dominated last half. looks like the coutas will be there abouts again. grovedale weren't great but they are still a GFL side so good form by the coutas

Thanks for the update Werty. Always good to hear when my old club is traveling well. Hope it's a big year for the Coutas!

Anglesea will be very hard to beat this year picking up a swag of grovey boys (including a very handy Morgan in the ruck). Add to that big Menchy in the goalsquare and a real gun in the middle by the name of Foster who could potentially rip this comp up.

Looks like Gibbs and currie from the addy have done lots of homework. they have picked last years Top 5, just changed the order. That is courageous!

They have Tigers finishing 2nd, which I think is fairly well spot on, with our expectations, but Anglesea will definately finish higher than Drysdale. In fact with the outs at drysdale, they maybe the ones to slip which will open the door for OG. Big call leaving OG out, they have missed finals twice in 15 years or something, picked up well, so I would expect them back in. Won last 3 out of 4 U18s flags, so good kids coming thru.

It was also funny to see contrast in journos, Gibbs has written an essay on the teams he previewed, whilst Hot currie has struggled to write anything.

I would have thought that naming sides in positions is tough, so good to see them have ago, I thought that you should go conservative and pick 2 spots each, like 2nd or 3rd.

If Ammos dont win, I would love to see the coach or captan on the dias say "Geelong Addy, you were wrong"

Does anyone know of any praccy matches this week?

Geelong Amateur 2.30 Anglesea 5.00 Drysdale Hawks 5.00 Torquay 5.00 Ocean Grove 6.00 Queenscliff 9.00 Modewarre 41.00 Barwon Heads 51.00 Newcomb Power 151.00 Portarlington 151.00

Latest odds from Sportsbet. Looks like both OG and Modda have been backed. Tigers and QC drifting
interested as to why qcliff would drift out, i have heard they have 3 quality talls recruited this year and lost very little.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back