Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to lose Daniher, I'd give up the compo we receive for Brown and walk away fairly happy.

Daniher barely on the park, Brown will try his guts out week-in week-out. Covers the ground, contests and takes contested marks and kicks goals. Even if he doesn't do many 1%ers which I don't necessarily agree with, I'll take his 99% game of leading, marking, kicking goals.

It would be refreshing to have somebody up front week-in week-out. If a team takes Daniher ahead of Brown, good luck to them. I honestly hope they both do well, I love key forwards and finals footy always shows their worth. Whether it's Hawkins not getting the job done, Cox getting the Pies off to a flyer or Darling and Kennedy pegging it back.

If we were to lose Daniher, I'd give up the compo we receive for Brown and walk away fairly happy.

Daniher barely on the park, Brown will try his guts out week-in week-out. Covers the ground, contests and takes contested marks and kicks goals. Even if he doesn't do many 1%ers which I don't necessarily agree with, I'll take his 99% game of leading, marking, kicking goals.

It would be refreshing to have somebody up front week-in week-out. If a team takes Daniher ahead of Brown, good luck to them. I honestly hope they both do well, I love key forwards and finals footy always shows their worth. Whether it's Hawkins not getting the job done, Cox getting the Pies off to a flyer or Darling and Kennedy pegging it back.

this makes total sense.

I was thinking Brown + 9 > 6 + 2021 R1 might work for you, probably still get yourself DGB(7)+ O’Driscoll(9) + Brown. Which I reckon would be massive win win for both teams.

He kicks straight. Imagine having someone who consistently converts the opportunities your midfield creates!!

this makes total sense.

I was thinking Brown + 9 > 6 + 2021 R1 might work for you, probably still get yourself DGB(7)+ O’Driscoll(9) + Brown. Which I reckon would be massive win win for both teams.

He kicks straight. Imagine having someone who consistently converts the opportunities your midfield creates!!
Ye but this values Brown as a 1st round pick?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brown runs his opponents into the ground covering more distance than any other player in the comp. His continuous leads and dummy leads drag defenders out of their structure creating space for his teammates.
Cox just stands around looking useless.
this is why pies want him. hard runner, makes space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he ends up at Melbourne.

Nth supporters what do you actually want for him the relationship is over he is gone.

Would Pies 2021 1st Round pick and Phillips for Brown and Higgins get it done?

Nth supporters what do you actually want for him the relationship is over he is gone.

At Browns stage in his career, why would he go to Melbourne? Surely wants to play finals & potentially win a flag before his time is up...

At Browns stage in his career, why would he go to Melbourne? Surely wants to play finals & potentially win a flag before his time is up...

They did finish 9th could push for finals next season.

Not sure Brown can be to picky the way things sound.

The whole “relationship” narrative is an interesting one.. what exactly is this based on? The fact his manager went public about the fact North took their original overly generous offer off the table? Or the fact North responded publicly to Browns managers comments saying we’d look for a mutually beneficial deal?

North are taking the rebuild direction and aren’t open to offering senior players big long term deals. Theyre also looking at bringing in additional picks by trading some senior players with currency (Brown, Higgins, Polec).

My personal view (based on nothing but my own opinion), is we’d accept a first round pick for Brown.

This isn’t a Higgins thread, however I still think he’s a 50/50 given the fact he’s contracted and 32 (so whose going to offer anything significant?). I think we’d accept something in 20-30 for Higgins, however anything later, he’s worth more to us in leadership and support of the kids.

Last edited:

Phillips? If you mean the Collingwood player, he has no value in any trade at all unless it's as a cap dump. Maybe give us a 2nd for him.
If you mean Will, find a way to get him and it's a deal.

Phillips? If you mean the Collingwood player, he has no value in any trade at all unless it's as a cap dump. Maybe give us a 2nd for him.
If you mean Will, find a way to get him and it's a deal.
You’re pretty foolish if you honestly think Phillips has no value.

Weird that the posters throwing up Phillips in potential trade scenarios are Collingwood posters.. especially when he apparently has so much value.

North will want pick/s for Brown. North will have no interest in Phillips.
How do you plan to replace the 10-12 players you've lost?

All rookies with half of them being late picks or mediocre players, you choose.

I mean you could be well set up for a proper rebuild had you traded Brown/Goldstein/Higgins last year, but you didn't. And now you have lost 3-5 1st round picks you could've had haha

How do you plan to replace the 10-12 players you've lost?

All rookies with half of them being late picks or mediocre players, you choose.

I mean you could be well set up for a proper rebuild had you traded Brown/Goldstein/Higgins last year, but you didn't. And now you have lost 3-5 1st round picks you could've had haha
They are a dead set shambles. Will have to rely on delisted free agents.
They won't attract anyone. Anyone that signs up to that ridiculous club will only kill off their own career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Back