Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you used to be able too, but I think its changed now, if you owe the man he's going to get his money eventually, pretty sure after you're locked up the first time you're put on a payment plan, don't pay and back in you go, of course hardship is taken into account and the repayments would reflect your circumstances, as far as I know anyway.
Yeah had a rellie who used to turn up to the cop shop on a Friday after work, asked how many warrants then spent the weekend in.

Yeah had a rellie who used to turn up to the cop shop on a Friday after work, asked how many warrants then spent the weekend in.
Yeah I knew some blokes who did the same lol, I think with the amount of homeless folk these days they changed it, got a warm bed and a hot meal as punishent which is more than some unfortunate folk have now days.

jeo2nYX.gif
Sensational

I would like to think this will scare some sense in to him but unfortunately with ice addiction being beast AF mentally we know it don't work that way. He can still do it but playing against the numbers now.

Yeah I knew some blokes who did the same lol, I think with the amount of homeless folk these days they changed it, got a warm bed and a hot meal as punishent which is more than some unfortunate folk have now days.

Cells are a nightmare, they don't even give you a spoon to stir the sugar in your latte, might make a shiv out if it.

Joke of course, cells are pretty rough with no fresh air, meals you would give your dog and a raised concrete slab with a rough blanket to sleep on, will be a tough fortnight for Cousins.

If it needed correcting, I would.

You don't get jail time in Australia for the vast majority of unpaid or bad debts, almost never if it's basic debt like credit cards/personal loans/etc, unless there is some serious fraud involved, or unless those debts are Government debts like taxes or fines, and in those situations as I've said, it's rare, because the Government would rather you go on a payment plan or something of the sort instead.

If you're going to jail for something related to debt, you've done something more than any run-of-the-mill avoidance of paying bad debt. :rolleyes:

You are on a roll dude.

Just because something doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen...you do get that right? The law is full of nasty little surprises for people who go out of their way to avoid responsibility. So yes, your thinking did need correcting, always happy to help the good 'folk' of bf...

Cells are a nightmare, they don't even give you a spoon to stir the sugar in your latte, might make a shiv out if it.

Joke of course, cells are pretty rough with no fresh air, meals you would give your dog and a raised concrete slab with a rough blanket to sleep on, will be a tough fortnight for Cousins.
Depends. In a watch-house for the weekend sure the amenities are rough but in the big boys palace its ok.

You are on a roll dude.

Just because something doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen...you do get that right? The law is full of nasty little surprises for people who go out of their way to avoid responsibility. So yes, your thinking did need correcting, always happy to help the good 'folk' of bf...

If you're trying to convince me that defaulting on a bank loan or having some "bad debt" in the traditional sense, can end up becoming a criminal act, then I don't know what to tell you, but you're just plain wrong mate. :oops:

If it's money owed for parking tickets, tax debt, or something relating to the government, it's a slightly different story, and there probably is more scope for something like jail to be a possibility if you continually avoid it.

However, for basically any other debt, there's this thing called the Bankruptcy Act that comes into play, which says that if somebody severely defaults on credit, they have access to be declared insolvent under the Act, and that allows them to essentially "reset" their financial situation and be absolved of those debts, however that comes at a heavy cost in terms of their future ability to obtain assets and credit.

If someone files for bankruptcy, they are subject to punishments under that act, which includes things like being blacklisted for a certain period of time from obtaining new credit, not being able to earn over a certain threshold income (if they do, part of the excess money is taken and put towards payments to creditors, so it stops people with high paying jobs from getting out of their obligations completely), and also a permanent listing on a public database saying that you've been Bankrupt before. Jail time is not one of those punishments.

And if someone attempts to avoid their debt completely, well the fact of the matter is, unless the company/debt agency is able to track someone down and serve them a notice, there's really not a hell of alot that they can do if that person is savvy enough to avoid being found, especially seeing as many "normal" debts have a statute of limitations (I think it's usually about 6 years or so, can't confirm that 100% though).

The obvious exceptions to this are if it's shown that there's some type of fraud involved to initially obtain the credit, and in those situations, of course there could be an arrest warrant issued for you at some point. However in that situation, you still wouldn't be going to jail for the actual debt itself, you'd be getting done for the fraud aspect, which of course IS a criminal act.

I know you used to be able too, but I think its changed now, if you owe the man he's going to get his money eventually, pretty sure after you're locked up the first time you're put on a payment plan, don't pay and back in you go, of course hardship is taken into account and the repayments would reflect your circumstances, as far as I know anyway.

Back in the day, you could opt to spend a short stint in prison to pay off fines. There was a sad incident of a young lad doing this who got badly beaten and gang r*ped while inside. My memory is a bit hazy but I think this incident is what caused them to remove the option.

Back in the day, you could opt to spend a short stint in prison to pay off fines. There was a sad incident of a young lad doing this who got badly beaten and gang r*ped while inside. My memory is a bit hazy but I think this incident is what caused them to remove the option.
Was that in Tassie?

Very cosmopolitan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good old days ..

God forbid somebody wants to see their kids every now and then. God forbid an adult chooses to do drugs and do what they want with their life. Typical jealousy from the white collar wageslaves.

God forbid somebody wants to see their kids every now and then. God forbid an adult chooses to do drugs and do what they want with their life. Typical jealousy from the white collar wageslaves.

You cannot be serious, you are happy for Cousins to stalk his wife and kids ?

No means no you fruit

You cannot be serious, you are happy for Cousins to stalk his wife and kids ?

No means no you fruit

Yeah let's just restrict somebody from seeing their kids. What would you do in his position? Just forget the existence of your loved ones?

Yeah let's just restrict somebody from seeing their kids. What would you do in his position? Just forget the existence of your loved ones?
He is a drug addict FFS
If he were not famous - 99.9% of the population would want him kept well away from any children.
The other 0.1% wouldn't give a stuff.
And here's a question for you - how does he have the right to ignore the welfare of his children for days or weeks when he goes on a bender and then all of a sudden demand to see them when he decides he wants to?
His rights as a responsible parent dissipated years ago !!!

Well for a start I'm not a raging junkie so I cant speak for him

Also he hasn't been denied access to his kids completely so no need for the histrionics, but he seems to think he can turn up anywhere anytime. Do you think it would be a good idea to let him be with his kids as he is jumping roofs in Canning Vale or stopping traffic in the middle of the Freeway ?

The bloke has completely lost the plot and is not fit to look after kids. How about he dries out and commits to rehab if only for the sake of his kids and parents.

He wont admit to a secure facility and he can't be made to, so tell us what is the answer

Well for a start I'm not a raging junkie so I cant speak for him

Also he hasn't been denied access to his kids completely so no need for the histrionics, but he seems to think he can turn up anywhere anytime. Do you think it would be a good idea to let him be with his kids as he is jumping roofs in Canning Vale or stopping traffic in the middle of the Freeway ?

The bloke has completely lost the plot and is not fit to look after kids. How about he dries out and commits to rehab if only for the sake of his kids and parents.

He wont admit to a secure facility and he can't be made to, so tell us what is the answer

In Cousins defence he seems to be getting stitched up by the ex. Using the restraining order when it suits. Gets thrown around plenty involving custody. Many fathers get cooked by lies from the Mum. Don't get me wrong he needs to go to jail and restraining orders do have a relevant place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Cousins defence he seems to be getting stitched up by the ex. Using the restraining order when it suits. Gets thrown around plenty involving custody. Many fathers get cooked by lies from the Mum. Don't get me wrong he needs to go to jail and restraining orders do have a relevant place

As stated by his lawyer - must be true then
Google Michael Tudori and look up his standard of clientele - all top class !!!

As stated by his lawyer - must be true then
Google Michael Tudori and look up his standard of clientele - all top class !!!

Maybe but might mean he is good at his job. Given he is involved in criminal law his clientele wouldn't be great no matter who. I would suggest they would have proof about them going to a concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back