Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree junkies live day to day, he isn't walking around with 8 gms unless he is low level dealing

A high level user could smash through 8 grams pretty quickly (especially if he's smoking it). Hes probs loading up a couple of points at a time in that pipe of his.

But yeah, he's probably buying in bulk, selling half it as points to recoup his cash, and rinsing and repeating.

Sounds like fun, I used to do pills and speed back in the day but luckily this shit came into vogue after I started a family and had pulled my head in ( debateable ) Mondays were hell but nothing like what you described.

i hope and pray my kids stay away from the shit

I was no angel back in my day either, and there wasnt much I didnt dabble in. I can tell you there is no worse come down than this dirty shit. You literally feel like utter trash for days (physically and mentally). It takes about a full week to start feeling normal again.

Its the come down that leads to people getting hooked. After the first time hitting the pipe, they know how crap the come down is... so the next time they get on it they keep the high going longer. This of course leads to an even worse come down. Which leads to an increase in the frequency of the next hit. And so forth.

Before you know it you're on week long benders and avoiding coming down at all costs. At this point you're already beyond ****ed.

I wouldn't call 8 grams low level dealing, that's 80 points, or 80 hits, that's above low level IMO.

Fair enough, I've never had anything to do with ice so am unaware of how much you buy. 80 hits is a fair whack, how much would he be using per day ?

Fair enough, I've never had anything to do with ice so am unaware of how much you buy. 80 hits is a fair whack, how much would he be using per day ?

Depends on if he's smoking it or using fits. You need less with the needles obviously.

What people do is buy in buy enough at bulk and deal up points selling them for 50-60 a pop. You sell 50 points at that rate, you get the other 50 points for free. Its like any other low level drug dealing (buy an ounce, keep a quarter).

With meth though it spreads like a scourge and wrecks lives. Its in your intrest to have junkies around you buying your gear so you can afford your own gear. The economic realities of addiction to the drug mean you need other users to maintain your own habit, and they need users of their own, and so forth.

Whole rural and suburban communities are getting all but wiped out this way. I work in the Family courts and I can tell you from experience (both anecdotal and via discussion with the principal registrar) around 40 percent of all cases involving kids in the family courts involve Meth wrecking lives and families. Ben's case is just one of many.

I'm no fan of Abbott or the Coalition but his 'Meth taskforce' is something I fully supported.

A high level user could smash through 8 grams pretty quickly (especially if he's smoking it). Hes probs loading up a couple of points at a time in that pipe of his.

But yeah, he's probably buying in bulk, selling half it as points to recoup his cash, and rinsing and repeating.

I was watching a show on Fox the other day " Ice Wars " was a doco made in Bankstown NSW and showed a bloke who got caught with 8 bags containing 2.5 pts each, that brought him under the with intent to sell or supply because over there it is 2 gms. He said it was all personal and got away with it.

8gms might be a stretch for Cuz to talk his way through, although like I said I haven't had any experience in the courts for a long long time, so I am well out of the loop.

I was watching a show on Fox the other day " Ice Wars " was a doco made in Bankstown NSW and showed a bloke who got caught with 8 bags containing 2.5 pts each, that brought him under the with intent to sell or supply because over there it is 2 gms. He said it was all personal and got away with it.

8gms might be a stretch for Cuz to talk his way through, although like I said I haven't had any experience in the courts for a long long time, so I am well out of the loop.

You can still get done for 'sell + supply' even under 2 grams, but the State/ Crown needs to prove it. If you have 2 grams plus (in WA) the State no longer has that burden. You're guilty of sell + supply unless you can prove you were not selling and supplying the drug.

The 2 grams limit just reverses the onus of proof for dealing. 2 grams plus and the assumption is that you're a dealer. Unless you can prove you're not.

FWIW, the cops can still charge you with sell + supply if you have less than 2 grams. Either they catch you in the act (you sell to an undercover), your phone incriminates you (this is very common) or your gear is in individual bags (or other evidence of dealing). Its hard to prove however without some other evidence proving dealing, so thats why the presumption of dealing exists at a certain amount of the drug.

Just to be clear here, I say this as a lawyer not as a junkie!

(And please dont take this as firm legal advice - usual disclaimer applies).

I'm not sure how much the hardcore dudes use, but a couple of pts would get your average Joe well and truly munted for 24 hrs or so, and the affects linger for another day or so after that, then you just feel like absolute shit for a couple of days after that, campaigner of a drug, cheap and extremely nasty.

Depends on if he's smoking it or using fits. You need less with the needles obviously.

What people do is buy in buy enough at bulk and deal up points selling them for 50-60 a pop. You sell 50 points at that rate, you get the other 50 points for free. Its like any other low level drug dealing (buy an ounce, keep a quarter).

With meth though it spreads like a scourge and wrecks lives. Its in your intrest to have junkies around you buying your gear so you can afford your own gear. The economic realities of addiction to the drug mean you need other users to maintain your own habit, and they need users of their own, and so forth.

Whole rural and suburban communities are getting all but wiped out this way. I work in the Family courts and I can tell you from experience (both anecdotal and via discussion with the principal registrar) around 40 percent of all cases involving kids in the family courts involve Meth wrecking lives and families. Ben's case is just one of many.

I'm no fan of Abbott or the Coalition but his 'Meth taskforce' is something I fully supported.
The high from whacking it is higher but doesn't last as long, so overall you'd probably use a similar amount, they say those who get hooked using this shit with a needle are much harder to rehabilitate than the smokers or the snorters.

IMO a gram a day would be extreme for even the most seasoned user, no doubt it could be done but they wouldn't be able to sustain that kind of use for long, both financially and mentally.

Homeless and broke ice addicts like Ben don't get their hands on that much Crack without either hocking their ass or doing something illegal. IMO.

No need for a task force to tell us what we already know, most of it comes from Asia, either the drug its self of its precursor (ephedrine), ephedrine is extremely hard to source in Australia, and the common brand names liken Sudafed have things added to make it almost impossible to extract the ephedrine, get the ephedrine and the other ingredients are easily sourced.

Put heat on the Asian countries to ban or extremely limit Ephedrine or really step up our border security is the only way to stop it IMO.

A guy I went to school with was bashed to death in prison. He was in a similar situation to Cousins, although he'd committed a lot of petty crime as well. He was up for parole but when they tested him there was a reading (after being in for 2 years) so he didn't get it and died not long after. Prison won't stop him using, especially because a lot of guys will want to be his mate. Others would like to have him on their 'notch' list for other reasons.

If they mean that much to him then work on getting your shit together and arrange supervised visits. I'm sure he loves his kids and wants to spend time with them but the guy has had psychotic episodes and god forbid that something happens while they are with him and that people be concerned about that.

I would hate to think that she is abusing the VRO - they are put in place for a reason and to see that abused would shit me no end and you would hope he has proof and that she is called on it.

I've seen it happen plenty of times especially during custody disputes. Might be telling someone where to go in a text - gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need for a task force to tell us what we already know, most of it comes from Asia, either the drug its self of its precursor (ephedrine), ephedrine is extremely hard to source in Australia, and the common brand names liken Sudafed have things added to make it almost impossible to extract the ephedrine, get the ephedrine and the other ingredients are easily sourced.

Put heat on the Asian countries to ban or extremely limit Ephedrine or really step up our border security is the only way to stop it IMO.

Those Asian coutnries already have quite harsh laws for drug trafficking mate. Im not sure what else they can do.

If you're as addicted as he probably is, that's not a simple thing.

Its drugs or kids though. Thats his choice to make at this point.

You cant claim to be 'being a good dad', and also be hanging outside your kids house at night (or running around the streets of WA) off your chops on meth. At a minimum it's not good for the kids to be exposed to that.

His son is six in September this year. He's old enough to watch the news and know whats going on.

He's leaving a judge with no other choice to make here. And they dont like making orders taking away parental responsibility from parents unless the circumstances are dire (for good reason).

If he was a client, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms that he has to sort his shit out or he runs the very real risk of orders barring him from contact with his own kids. If that doesnt send him to rehab then I dont know what else will.

Drug addiction is evil, and meth is particularly bad, but he's making choices here as well.

If he was a client, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms that he has to sort his shit out or he runs the very real risk of orders barring him from contact with his own kids. If that doesnt send him to rehab then I dont know what else will.

Drug addiction is evil, and meth is particularly bad, but he's making choices here as well.
Unfortunately in his state he will think it is valid for him to take the kids away and hide them ( or worse :( ) because 'he knows best'

And more than likely having these ideas and thoughts re-inforced by the plonkers he is mingling with

Unfortunately in his state he will think it is valid for him to take the kids away and hide them ( or worse :( ) because 'he knows best'

And more than likely having these ideas and thoughts re-inforced by the plonkers he is mingling with

He'll get frustrated because he's probably not getting more than supervised time with the kids for a few hours a week. God knows what a meth head does next.

Its highly disturbing he was in the front of the house stalking her despite the VRO. Youre literally in a state of paranoid psychosis while on the gear (temple roof running, army barracks break in, low speed car chase, traffic direction, head on collision with a truck etc). He could literally do anything.

THe problem isn't drugs, it's his unfair treatment by the police and media. Ben can be a perfectly fine father regardless of whether or not he uses meth.
My god, are you serious? The two are absolutely mutually exclusive.

It is why his behaviour is destructive.

Kicking an addiction as severe as his is hard, perhaps impossible, but pretending all of his problems are down to police and the media is crap.

If you wanted to argue him being hung out to dry by the AFL in 2007 has contributed to his tailspin into his current state, I'd be more agreeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back