Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the weagles still have way too much clout in Perth. They continue to keep Cuz out of jail so he doesn't blab.

What all this does show is how often tweakers go through the court system, let out to their own devices then repeat with zanier antics.

He won't get bail this time.

He was already on bail for a schedule two offence (Breach of a VRO). Now he's been charged with another one while on bail.

The court can only grant bail if you have been charged with a schedule two offence (while already bailed on a separate offence) in 'exceptional circumstances'.

Unless his ex-partner says something very special to the court tomorrow which digs him out of this hole, he will be spending a few months inside on remand.

He appeared in court today without his lawyer. Theyve either given him the flick, or he has.

What a train wreck.

He will never spend more than a few days in jail no matter what

I read they found syringes in his bag. That is a slippery slope that is not going to end well. Homeless now too. Unreal

Can't help but think that he just wants to die, hes killed everything about him apart from physically leaving this world.
Sounds like his relationship with father fractured. Can imagine like a lot of users would have let family down so many times including lying and cheating.

Tough ask to see him come back to health from here but not impossible

Given a lifestyle ordinary people could only dream about and payed millions to do it. Now he's homeless? Lol. I'll save my sympathy for the real battlers.
Had to laugh when the reporter said how she felt really sorry for him.

I feel sorry for Ben too.

Sorry that he had it all but lost it :rolleyes:

There are 1,000's of people id feel sorry for before i have any sympathy for Cousins

Sounds like his relationship with father fractured. Can imagine like a lot of users would have let family down so many times including lying and cheating.

Tough ask to see him come back to health from here but not impossible
There's only one person that can help Ben now and that is himself! Just maybe he can find a way - one can only live in hope, particularly from his family's point of view. I'm sure they would love nothing more than to see Ben really get well and rid himself of the downhill spiral that he is now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spent 2 days at the Perth watch house. He was lucky in that her Honor heard the matter today (instead of remanding him in custody pending a later trial date).

In my experience Bens pretty lucky to get a hearing 2 days after being arrested for an offence. Most offenders would simply be remanded in custody to be dealt with later on.

Obviously when the rest of Perth is watching, those month+ long waiting periods in remand get cut back to 2 days.

Once he was sentenced for the most recent breach of VRO, it removed the risk of him being kept in custody pending the trial for the breach. Bail wasnt needed, as he had just been sentenced (to a fine for a minor breach). He was (accordingly) now free to go (pending the Police making an application to suspend/ revoke his bail for the prior VRO breach).

The police made such an application, but her Honor either didnt deal with it, as it related to seperate proceedings which were due to come back before the court the following week.

In short, he was very very lucky.

I thought he was remanded for the second night because the judge wanted to hear if his ex partners story corroborated with his, and she would appear the next day?

Based on the small punishment he received perhaps he was telling the truth (that it was an agreed visit and there was no incident between the two etc.), and if anything was unlucky to be locked up at all*?

*At least for this specific incident.

Ben Cousins future

''Body of Homeless Man Found in Northbridge''

Police wont speculate on identity
Geez, that really gave my heart a jolt before I saw the "future" thing above it. I guess I'm one of those stupid people who cares. But I do think that on some level, he's ready to die. I don't see somebody who's battling this addiction, I see somebody who's resigned to it.

Like many others he will be on and off this stuff till the day he dies. He aint fighting addiction, hes resigned to it. No sympathy from me, but I certainly wouldn't attack the dude verbally or otherwise, ya know. He isn't a violent person, he hasn't sexually assaulted anyone, people need to get a perspective when they talk like he is the worst human being ever.

Should be a massive wakeup call to the AFL in general in regards to recreational drug use.

You will end up broke, alone with nothing to show for your AFL career if you can't get your shit together.

He spent 2 days at the Perth watch house. He was lucky in that her Honor heard the matter today (instead of remanding him in custody pending a later trial date).

In my experience Bens pretty lucky to get a hearing 2 days after being arrested for an offence. Most offenders would simply be remanded in custody to be dealt with later on.

Obviously when the rest of Perth is watching, those month+ long waiting periods in remand get cut back to 2 days.

Once he was sentenced for the most recent breach of VRO, it removed the risk of him being kept in custody pending the trial for the breach. Bail wasnt needed, as he had just been sentenced (to a fine for a minor breach). He was (accordingly) now free to go (pending the Police making an application to suspend/ revoke his bail for the prior VRO breach).

The police made such an application, but her Honor either didnt deal with it, as it related to seperate proceedings which were due to come back before the court the following week.

In short, he was very very lucky.

Malifice when he goes before court to hear the other matters next week, do you expect the 1st and 2nd breaches of the VRO will result in more fines or will they attract jail time ?

Assuming these are the outstanding matters, and not a minor possession charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back