Ben Cousins in Intensive Care

Remove this Banner Ad

Diazepam isnt gonna be prescribed by the Richmond doctors... If it is well the AFL should step in and sack them. Dont wanna name the drug the players actually take but its not on the level of Diazepam which is literally just a tranquilizer

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Diazepam has excellent muscle relaxing effects and is frequently prescribed to treat muscle spasm. I would suggest that it would be fairly frequently prescribed by AFL doctors for that express purpose.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Diazepam has excellent muscle relaxing effects and is frequently prescribed to treat muscle spasm. I would suggest that it would be fairly frequently prescribed by AFL doctors for that express purpose.

Wouldnt that prescribe tablets for that exact purpose as opposed to sleeping tablets with that side effect?

Wouldnt that prescribe tablets for that exact purpose as opposed to sleeping tablets with that side effect?

Diazepam is the most widely prescribed muscle relaxant on the market. Yes it has other uses, primarily as an anxiolytic but in sports medicine it is prescribed for short periods to stop muscle spasm with great effect.

All drugs have multiple uses and multiple side effects. Medicine is not black and white.

The phrase "adverse reaction to a sleeping tablet" has taken a life on it's own...... many people are using that line as part of some sort of facebook + twitter long running joke :eek:.

This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If Ben plays again this year, or indeed continues through to next year, i'll be very surprised.

ps. its widely documented that cousins never went to rehab, that his trip to america was spin for the media...

Given the Epworth have now said he was never in Intensive care perhaps we should now change the title of the thread.

epworth have said at about 2 30pm he was placed in ICU under observation . as reported on sen

hope he is OK.

and yes folks you can have adverse reactions to a single sleeping pill. the doc may have changed the prescription to a different drug and thus caused the problem

some of you are idiots of the highest order. or you live in some alternate reality.

"good luck ben, get well soon ben, have my babies ben..."

the guy is a drug cheat, plain and simple...

living proof the afl's drug policy is a waste of time...

a couple of things for the under educated.

the players are under no obligation to agree to be tested for Rec drugs. they could easily withdraw their permission and then you'd never know.

if they are caught within the game it's 2 yrs.

and without the drug policy, no one would know.

a couple of things for the under educated.

the players are under no obligation to agree to be tested for Rec drugs. they could easily withdraw their permission and then you'd never know.

if they are caught within the game it's 2 yrs.

and without the drug policy, no one would know.

newsflash for the blind: the afl employee and incompetent drug policy in order to control the flow of news to the media, and keep the image of the game 'safe for kids'...

no one will ever get caught under the current policy, because the afl do not want to catch anyone...

the afl could easily write compulsory drug testing into player contracts... no questions, no 'they would have to negotiate with the players' bullshit, they make the rules, they can do what they want, players can sign or not sign...

if a footballer was to die from a drug overdose, id be personally holding the afl's lax drug policy responsible...

thats probably less an if, and more a when...

Heard on the grape vine he had a bad reaction to some kind of anti awake pill.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any idea yet what the problem is for cousins? drugs?

SEN were just interviewing some official and when asked " do you know if he had any alcohol", the answer was "we are not aware of that yet"

Now, I'm no proctologist but I'd be guessing a drug and alcohol check would have been done straight away and they would certainly know the answer by now

SEN were just interviewing some official and when asked " do you know if he had any alcohol", the answer was "we are not aware of that yet"

Now, I'm no proctologist but I'd be guessing a drug and alcohol check would have been done straight away and they would certainly know the answer by now

That was an edited quote.
They actually said they don't know if he had any alcohol but they do know that he did not have excessive alcohol. So he may have had a beer or two but nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins in Intensive Care

Remove this Banner Ad

Back