Ben Cousins + Michael Gardiner + St Kilda = Trainwreck

Remove this Banner Ad

What I meant by being a regular player at the Saints is that he won't be a captain or senior leadership player like he was at the Eagles.

No doubt he still has the potential to be a very good player, whether he can reach the heights he reached at West Coast though remains to be seen. I wouldn't automatically assume he would just step in and be one of our best players, we have plenty of other good players apart from Riewoldt.

i wasnt saying riewolt is your only good player but cousins is better then them

I am talking about other players as well like fiora, king, ray, gardiner, schnieder etc.. I don't think they will be good enough to win you a flag.

I think those players are a quick fix when you should have developed young players. Just my opinion.
Can't say I disagree on some of those players, but thats a discussion for another thread :thumbsu:

piss of idiot, do you no anything about the wce at all or are you to busy sniffing paint with the fremantle locals???????

Cousins, Gardiner and Chick were the Drug problem at wce. and neither of them ever tested positive btw
i dont mean to dis the club but i was wondering y they did not try and help these players out more. well more for cousins because its the most recent i was wondering y they did not give him time off until they knew he was off drugs 100%. or try something else because he was not out of the game for too long before he got into trouble again.

maybe they tried but it did not work but i don't no. clear it up if i have got it wrong.

hey, if the ' trainwreck' wins us a premiership then I'm happy, the supporters are happy and the players are happy.. win-win..

It all goes back to school days. If Gardiner had not been expelled and ended up at Cousin's high school, I doubt Cousins would have gone down the path he did. One of my best mates went to school with and was best mates with his older brother ... can't speak highly enough of him and the family. Gardiner was a massive reason behind Cousin's drug problems ... really bad egg.

On the flipside, IF Gardiner truly has cleaned up his act, it could actually be a good place for Cousins.

You just stick to your 'streaks':)

Good call Fev's fox... Maybe Fev can take a leak on your window... Or are you his 5th chick on the side?

Lol re Carlton calling anyone a train wreck. The only reason you are still here is because the AFL along with a convicted insider trader balied you out:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. After all with Cuz at the club it means that somebody like Clinton Jones, Aaron Fiora, Shane Birss, Andrew McQualter or Xavier Clarke have to miss out on the 22.
St Kilda are still a relatively young team, and I think they've managed their rookies pretty well, though I think they could probably be building their youth by dropping a few players or setting them out of the Senior list with the goal of regaining their spots. The likes of Fiora and X.Clarke, maybe even McQualter, should be considered for delisting. Jones, Birss and - don't forget- Eddy have shown potential. With Ball at his best, Hayes continuing to lead, Riewoldt becoming consistent, Santo upping the anti, our defence as sure as ever, and our lower 6 players lifting (such as R.Clarke and the other new blokes); Cousins could add that flair and speed that the Saints have been lacking and combine well with the existing players to improve clearances from stoppages around the ground.

We're not in a premiership window, we've missed out on the boat. It doesn't mean we can't be competitvie tho a few of the unknown youngsters to most of you will come through next year. Collingwood's young players are overrated anyway, they're not going to take you to the flag. I'll give you Pendulbury, Thomas, Cloke. The rest are only average players.

St Kilda arent in a premiership window ...

Then we'll go through the door instead.

Opportunity is always there if you take it on the day, premiership windows are just an opinionated way to take a dig at a club for whatever reason and focusing entirely on the negatives.

Mate that's too clever for most people round here to understand :thumbsu:

Far too clever for me. Who or what is Jeld-Wen?

I don't think Cousins would help St Kilda win a flag. I'd say their "premiership window" was a couple of years ago and they are still plagued by inconsistency as shown in their finals campaign this year. Mind you Lyons got a lot more out of them in his second year so it would seem his message and game plan are working to a degree.

Saints would be the worse place for Cousins, Gardiiner is half the reason cuz is like this it is going to be the worse thing for Ben and Saints if saints drafted him. plus he has to slid past wce PSD pick 2 first :D

Would like to see Ben finish his carrer at WCE, think they where in bad need of his experience this year, that would be great for the eagles supporters to see him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins + Michael Gardiner + St Kilda = Trainwreck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back