Ben Johnson...That is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems so long ago when the Round 1 teams were released and my immediate response was "Ugh, Johnson". He's certainly made me eat humble pie this year though, looks like a completely different player, hitting targets as well. Go Johnno, there's always a place in the side for players who deliver week after week.

I've been very vocal in my criticism of Johno for some time now and I am pleased to say he is definitely proving me wrong each week now. Hope he continues to perform at that level because at the moment *gasp* looks very composed, disposal and decision making are right on and is going hard at it.
Go Johno!

his run and carry was underestimated by all on this board including myself. important to the team and would have liked to see him play the stk game!

Doesnt miss goals on his left either! Keep him in there

I've got his no. on my back, so was devestated when it looked like he was gone for the season.

However, my well-developed routine of standing up, turning around 360 so everyone gets a good view of the 26, then grabbing and shaking my jumper whenever he kicks a goal is still in full swing.

Love the Johnno.

It seems so long ago when the Round 1 teams were released and my immediate response was "Ugh, Johnson". He's certainly made me eat humble pie this year though, looks like a completely different player, hitting targets as well. Go Johnno, there's always a place in the side for players who deliver week after week.

Basically how saw it too

I called for him to delisted but he really completes our team.

I've got his no. on my back, so was devestated when it looked like he was gone for the season.

However, my well-developed routine of standing up, turning around 360 so everyone gets a good view of the 26, then grabbing and shaking my jumper whenever he kicks a goal is still in full swing.

Love the Johnno.

Hehe I love to do that, unfortunately my number 8 doesn't get much of a run as far as goals goes though :(

He's been very good the past few. He provides a lot of run, covers ground by foot too, and would very likely be leading our team in handball receives. I think he's a limited player but if he plays to his strengths he can be valuable to our side.

Another bloke who cops plenty of criticism.

Always been a spot in the team.

One of the hardest workers at the club, he learnt from Lica and then taught Swan what hard training is all about.

Ugly, but effective kick.....but a bloke who actually tries to get us moving quickly.

Great to see Roids having a good season

It's very rare that a bloke hits career best form at 29, but so far this season that's exactly what he's shown.

He's almost been like a completely new recruit out there, so fingers crossed he can maintain it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been fantastic this year, and is a very important player to us..... For the record the game he missed was the game we lost! Breaks the lines and his kicking by foot has improved! I work with a friend of his uncle and he said that Johnno wants to go on for a couple more years. He said he lost the passion in 2008, but has found the passion again and loves the game. Also said that Tarrant leaving has been a blessing for Johnno!

He has worked hard in getting his body the best it can be and is now reaping the rewards. Years ago he was a bit of a whipping boy but now he is a walk up start in our 22 and a vital clog in the team. His run & kicking efficiency against Essendon was fantastic! Keep it up Johnno

It's very rare that a bloke hits career best form at 29, but so far this season that's exactly what he's shown.

He's almost been like a completely new recruit out there, so fingers crossed he can maintain it.

Its comments like this that make me so glad most BF posters are not on our match committee. Its so blatantly untrue.

Jonno has been an automatic selection at Collingwood for most of his career for good reason. He has been 2nd in our B&F twice. 2008 was a poor season but he has rebounded back to his old form not suddenly become a better player at 29

Your comment diminishes all the good football he has played in the past

Is definitely having a good year, my only concern is that he only runs one way and his opponents get a lot of it.
You could say the same about every attacking mid though

Judd, Ablett the lot of em

Definitely had my doubts about his role/worth to the team and didn't think he was best 25.

I'm certainly eating humble pie now.

Johnno is flying and hopefully can maintain it.

Johnno is someone I've always thought was important to our team. I think he is a very good big game player, and always seems to bob up with some important goals and assists in finals.
I've got it wrong with some of my criticism of players in the past (and hopefully I'm wrong about Jolly, this year), but Ben Johnson has always been invaluable in my eyes, ever since his game saving tackle in the goal square against Port in that amazing final in 02.

Its comments like this that make me so glad most BF posters are not on our match committee. Its so blatantly untrue.

Jonno has been an automatic selection at Collingwood for most of his career for good reason. He has been 2nd in our B&F twice. 2008 was a poor season but he has rebounded back to his old form not suddenly become a better player at 29

Your comment diminishes all the good football he has played in the past

Agree, Johno has been a great player for us in the past.

Granted he has was poor in 08-09, reckon he was shaken by the massive reaction to his big hit in the Melbourne game in late 2007. Combine that with a knee reco and people forget how good he was in 2006.

Johno is simply back to the Johno of 06-07, good on him for getting back to that level. He is a true pie tragic, like us really!

Pleasantly surprised with Johnno, didn't think he had the pace to continue at this level last year, however seems to amazingly overcome all injury issues thrown at him and is playing at a great standard currently.
Hitting the targets regularly and has an uncanny knack of kicking the odd goal unexpectadly.
His courage and tenacity has never been questioned, you know you'll always get a contest with benny.
Keep it up johhno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Johnson...That is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back