Ben Nason

Remove this Banner Ad

really didnt think he was that bad. thats footy i guess.

Agreed wow. Tiger fans would know better than me obviously but didn't see him being delisted.

What a ****ing ridiculous thing to do to a 2nd year player. Hope it bites 'Dimma' on the arse. Isn't his mum also currently suffering from cancer, as a side point...

Hope he gets picked up

I really liked Ben, he had a very good first year, and with a bit of beef in a couple of years looked promising but unfortunately he was seen by the coaching staff as a bit soft. ironic considering we have the softest coaching staff in the AFL
Hardwick thinks he was a tuff nut and likes players quote "with a bit of mongral" he has very little understanding of indivduals and at this stage he couldnt develop a rash, thats why he will never take us into a finals series

What a ****ing ridiculous thing to do to a 2nd year player. Hope it bites 'Dimma' on the arse. Isn't his mum also currently suffering from cancer, as a side point...

Hope he gets picked up
It's not like he's 19. He was a mature age recruit to begin with.

Hope he gets picked up

2nd year players get delisted all the time :confused:

I'm sure everyone at the club hopes he gets picked up too, including Dimma :thumbsu:

All went downhill after he cut his hair (despite it being for a fantastic cause of course).

Just don't think he is up to AFL standard, was reasonable in 2010 and was worth the punt with our last pick in that draft, played some good games but was worked out of the side early this year.

Farmer has always been very, very meh and is a very unfit looking player. Morris coming in spelt the death of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he isnt the root of the problems down at Richmond though ?

Our problems are mainly inexperience and lack of genuine depth. Who would you get rid of to solve the "problems"?

Nason's now free to enter the draft, and 17 clubs are free to select him with a cheap pick.

I really liked Ben, he had a very good first year, and with a bit of beef in a couple of years looked promising but unfortunately he was seen by the coaching staff as a bit soft. ironic considering we have the softest coaching staff in the AFL
Hardwick thinks he was a tuff nut and likes players quote "with a bit of mongral" he has very little understanding of indivduals and at this stage he couldnt develop a rash, thats why he will never take us into a finals series

Disagree in all points there. Alot of tiger fans like Hardwick lets see how soft you are if you where to tell him that to his face ;) I guess you where one that liked Terry Wallace then hey. As for Nason i liked him but ahh well

Geez you'd think we just delisted a first rounder or something... He was taken at 71 lol.

Unfortunately for Ben, he's 23 next year and still has the body of a 17yr old.

I wouldn't consider his skills his problem, he actually has good dual sided foots skills and can take a pretty good grab. His problem is he lacks the speed of a small forward and can't really move into the middle either.

Hope he gets picked up
lol you're kidding.

Worst player in the comp.

Did you see Chance Bateman's last game for the year? That is how Nason plays week in week out.

When your list is rubbish (Richmond in 2010), players who really aren't good enough get games simply by just working their butts off, eventually they get overtaken by classier players. Nason was a spud who stood out in the incredibly mediocre side we put out on the park last year. Called it back then that he'd be lucky to be there in 2012, not remotely surprised or disappointed. In fact, I'm quite pleased that for once we didn't hang onto an obvious list-clogger just because he showed a lot of heart when we were ****, we've been doing that for at least the last 15 years, FFS.

Remember some of the duds Carlton had running around in the mid 2000s when they were in the bottom 2 or 3 every year? They got shipped out pretty quickly once their list started to turn around. There are probably a few at Port who showed a bit this year that will likely be on the scrap heap in a year or two, it happens.

When your list is rubbish (Richmond in 2010), players who really aren't good enough get games simply by just working their butts off, eventually they get overtaken by classier players. Nason was a spud who stood out in the incredibly mediocre side we put out on the park last year. Called it back then that he'd be lucky to be there in 2012, not remotely surprised or disappointed. In fact, I'm quite pleased that for once we didn't hang onto an obvious list-clogger just because he showed a lot of heart when we were ****, we've been doing that for at least the last 15 years, FFS.

Remember some of the duds Carlton had running around in the mid 2000s when they were in the bottom 2 or 3 every year? They got shipped out pretty quickly once their list started to turn around. There are probably a few at Port who showed a bit this year that will likely be on the scrap heap in a year or two, it happens.

Who’s overtaken him?

You were gonna delist McGuane & Gourdis?
How's Alex Rance going on his own next year when you face Cloke & Dawes? Or Buddy & Roughy? Or Reidy & Goodesy?

LOL alot better without him. our back line is fine, what people dont understand is for the majority of the season half of our backline was injured

morris rance grimes
houli asty newman

others: batchelor, grigg, conca (who can all play down there)

McGuane is a dud, his disposal was terrible

watch grimes destroy the oppo next season

I liked the kid - I thought he had a future as a cult hero, but nothing more. Ben Nason wouldn't be a top 30 player in a premiership team so Richmond have probably done the right thing here.

Of course, it was rude of them to delist him considering he's a second year player and his mum has cancer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Nason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back