Ben Nason

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange that this warrants a thread on the main board. Not the first guy taken at 71 to be delisted after two years, surely.

No one would know who he is if he didn't have dreadlocks.

josh-thurgood679.jpg

:)

What a ****ing ridiculous thing to do to a 2nd year player. Hope it bites 'Dimma' on the arse. Isn't his mum also currently suffering from cancer, as a side point...

Hope he gets picked up

Save the sanctimonious postering

As for why he was delisted Well its simple really. He didnt cut it and could not cement down any role Dimma gave him

Save the sanctimonious postering

As for why he was delisted Well its simple really. He didnt cut it and could not cement down any role Dimma gave him

well someone did. We recruited a quick exciting experienced young mature with R&R hair, and after a promising year he stagnated and chopped off the locks to support his mum. (and I still feel bad i didnt put in a couple a bucks at least ANDSOSHOULDALLOFYOU!) if i knew where to go looking for a link it would be (here)

Reckon the hair is part of the problem - what with the cost of redoing the photo for the fridge magnets, and going missing for the few games he got, few sparks just not enough to overcome being undersized. Hope he is happy back in SA with his family.

Did he actually do ANYTHING ??

All i ever saw him do was jump up and give someone a HIGH 5 or pat on the head when they kick a goal or did something good. I cannot remember him for anything else.

Remember watching him the Tiges a fair bit, but his performances were pretty lacklustre. Sprayed far too many kicks. Not a bad footballer, though, just never had any fantastic attribute.

Like many have said, without his hair, he'd be an absolute no one.

And as for his mum. Well, it's an extremely sad situation. But it's not the fault of Richmond and I'm sure Ben Nason wouldn't want to be on an AFL list through pity. So why keep him for that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on richmond for getting rid of him, no point keeping him and hoping they can turn him into something that he's not, thats one things thats always bugged me with AFL clubs why do they persist with players that quiet obviously will never be more than list cloggers, every team has them...

Who’s overtaken him?

King and Nahas in particular (both big improvers since the beginning of last year and play similar position), plus other mid-sizers like Houli, Grigg, Conca, Batchelor, Webberley, Helbig. Few big guys have locked their spots in since March 2010 too.

Not sure if this thread is actually serious - thought the OP sounded like he was thinking of Robbie Nahas rather than Nason.

I think it's a lesson for all here. Don't pick mature aged players who mainly play SANFL reserves. He was a very average player who really never should have been on an AFL list.

That is Francis "left field" Jackson for you.

Loves the high risk picks -refer Troy Taylor and Ben " Richmond's Gumbleton" Griffiths.

Did he actually do ANYTHING ??

All i ever saw him do was jump up and give someone a HIGH 5 or pat on the head when they kick a goal or did something good. I cannot remember him for anything else.
Pretty sure he kicked the sealer in a game against the Crows in 2010, when the game got hailed on in the 4th.

What a ****ing ridiculous thing to do to a 2nd year player. Hope it bites 'Dimma' on the arse. Isn't his mum also currently suffering from cancer, as a side point...

Hope he gets picked up

Mature age player and he simply is to small to make it without any standout features.
What relevance does his mothers health have to do with anything:rolleyes:
Pretty poor to bring that up to try and make Richmond look bad, when really it just makes you look like an idiot.

Yep he kicked that goal in the hail. What a shocking day but a good win!

He was a nice guy and had a go, but that's about it.

We have much better of his type. Nahas stepped up for example

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Nason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back