Benalla & District

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bud but I dont think your 2s will win. Our seconds are fairly strong, but depending on injury and senior selection of course.

Thats what the game will ride on but as my bud said we are getting to really no each other and a upset can always be on the rise. Speacily with the players this time around due to returns but then injuries could hurt both teams alot.

Ok I'll start the ball rolling this week.
Goorambat were to strong Sat beat us all over the ground especially at the stoppages. Walker is a big inclusion for them and played well. Third quarter let us down and we came out with a few injuries. Our foward line didnt fire and we struggled to kick enough goals.
I see Doon had a fairly strong win.
Things are fairly tight now, every one has beaten each other (besides Swanpool), will be interesting how the second half of the season pans out.
Important game this week between Longwood and Tatong both need a win. Bonnie Doon should be too strong for Swanpool, but you never know.
What you think showtime ? and i guess Ill see you Sat uncle24. :D
yeah it is gonna be a very even top 4 this yr. its about time the league evened itself out. it looks like gbat are the form team of the comp. this wk should be a good game at longwood, hopefully we can get some players bk from injury, but u can only play with what u have out on the field. the other game should c bonnie doon thump swanny.

i agree, longwood two's way too strong, should win the flag you would think...

yeah longwood have a fair chance but tatongs strongest game is in the second half i think and the last game we played was cut short at half time due to injury and the ambo's had to be called. so we didn't get to prove ourself in the second half. but which ever way it goes it will be a great game.

Rogerdoger what do you think tatongs 2nds chance of beating u guys this week. they did pretty well against doon considering it was at doon and our players are really getting to work together now. i think we have a pretty good chance against you as long as we play as well as last week.:cool:

I would have to agree with you bench warmer i think the tatong 2's are due for a win, they moved the ball well last saturday and really looked liked they were getting it together. I also think the quality of the reserve teams may start to even out as we start to reach the half way mark of the season. i'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

I would have to agree with you bench warmer i think the tatong 2's are due for a win, they moved the ball well last saturday and really looked liked they were getting it together. I also think the quality of the reserve teams may start to even out as we start to reach the half way mark of the season. i'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.
You need to be a bit more than due for a win to get the points.

I see tatong have a clearance for benalla Player Cristophe Dube. Anyone have any news on this?

I see tatong have a clearance for benalla Player Cristophe Dube. Anyone have any news on this?

I think he's playing. but only in the reserves. I'm like a brother to that guy. He's a superstar! should dominate.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Rogerdoger what do you think tatongs 2nds chance of beating u guys this week. they did pretty well against doon considering it was at doon and our players are really getting to work together now. i think we have a pretty good chance against you as long as we play as well as last week.:cool:

If Tatong get within 100 points of Longwood in the 2's that would be a good effort, considering there were 3 seconds players at training tuesday night (in the pool) and 5 last night (on the track). You guys who do show up should get up your fellow 2's mates and ask the question. Get these guys to start showing a bit of respect to yourselve's and the coaches. And about the "strong second half" if you look up the results you will find more often than not you guys are in the games until half time then fade really badly... true?

If Tatong get within 100 points of Longwood in the 2's that would be a good effort, considering there were 3 seconds players at training tuesday night (in the pool) and 5 last night (on the track). You guys who do show up should get up your fellow 2's mates and ask the question. Get these guys to start showing a bit of respect to yourselve's and the coaches. And about the "strong second half" if you look up the results you will find more often than not you guys are in the games until half time then fade really badly... true?

hey, dont be to harsh mate, for those that do show up to training it shows how much we do put into the club. Also i think that if the ones that can make it to training do our fitness will improve. the five blokes that where at training will be the guys that will run out the whole gameand be in the votes. Fair to say, black n' white army.;)

Being an avid grassroots footy fan, I have made the trek up the h/way to watch longwood play for the past month.....with mixed results!!
These boys can turn it on when they want to however last weeks game saw goorambat get the points...it wasnt pretty footy. Longwood didnt have the big men down back to contend with goorambats marking fowards and winning the ball out the center seemed imposible, although longers ruckmen smashed his opponet! (bog by far) I dont think any supporters would argue that longers full foward(no.33) is capable of kickin a hundred if its delivered well-and hes not on the bench!
Would be intrested to know where longwood fans/supporters expected them to be at this time of year- if not 2 games clear at the top!!!

hey, dont be to harsh mate, for those that do show up to training it shows how much we do put into the club. Also i think that if the ones that can make it to training do our fitness will improve. the five blokes that where at training will be the guys that will run out the whole gameand be in the votes. Fair to say, black n' white army.;)
I might be a bit harsh but does turning up to training mean that your putting a lot into the club?
Is a couple of hours during the week really that hard to give?
Is society really that busy or maybe their that lazy.
Not being unfair bud but if you only have five blokes to rely on your not going to get near Longwood on Sat.
Seconds aside it should be a good game in the Seniors tomorrow we have a couple out and will be interesting to see how a couple or the twos boys go in the seniors.
Uncle if you want to play on our best players you better find youself a spot in the middle or on the ball (Paulke, Vercoe or Finch).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being an avid grassroots footy fan, I have made the trek up the h/way to watch longwood play for the past month.....with mixed results!!
These boys can turn it on when they want to however last weeks game saw goorambat get the points...it wasnt pretty footy. Longwood didnt have the big men down back to contend with goorambats marking fowards and winning the ball out the center seemed imposible, although longers ruckmen smashed his opponet! (bog by far) I dont think any supporters would argue that longers full foward(no.33) is capable of kickin a hundred if its delivered well-and hes not on the bench!
Would be intrested to know where longwood fans/supporters expected them to be at this time of year- if not 2 games clear at the top!!!
Not too far off the mark. Walker was a problem but I think we covered Doxey fairly well after 1/4 time. We did get smashed at the stoppages though Webby was winning the ruck. I think theres quite a few that are capable of kicking a hundred if its delivered well, but its country footy and you need to be better if your going to consistantly kick bags of goals. Finally I feel we are 1 game behind where we wanted to be, I thought we should have beaten Bonnie Doon at Doon, but happy to be in the top 2. A big second 1/2 of the season needed. If your coming up this week after the game lets have a beer and a chat.

Not being unfair bud but if you only have five blokes to rely on your not going to get near Longwood on Sat.
If thats alll the players that r rocking up to training there still could b a few issues out tatong way. How many players have clubs ben getting at training. I know that there were 28 at redlegs stadium last night plus with a few regulars on the sidelines. Good luck to tatong on satdy is all i can say;)

Yeah thats a fair point but some guys can't show up 2 training i know last week i showed up at the gardens with footy boots and found out we were at the pool and i didn't have any money on me i know people not showing up to training is not supporting your club but you can have a bit of faith in the guy's and a few of us put in alot of effort. i'm not happy with it either that bearly any guys show up but i'm still going to incourage and support my team

Yeah thats a fair point but some guys can't show up 2 training i know last week i showed up at the gardens with footy boots and found out we were at the pool and i didn't have any money on me i know people not showing up to training is not supporting your club but you can have a bit of faith in the guy's and a few of us put in alot of effort. i'm not happy with it either that bearly any guys show up but i'm still going to incourage and support my team

Must be tight at tatong that someone wouldnt spot ya approx $3 to get into the pool.
Tatongs twos played OK against Longwood for a half again.........better get to training.

The ones was very one sided from start to end. When Tatong kicked a couple Longwood kick 3. The big bloke rucking for Longwood ( Webb- I think?) is a potential match winner when fit.

Was sledged on Sat from over the fence from one of the boy's who played in the seconds for Tatong, also remember he wasnt too happy with me when last time we played Tatong at Tatong. Called me a sandbag and got me talking back over the fence to a supporter, something Ive never done before.
I had to ask why? Whats a sandbag? He didnt answer my question just gave me anouther serve.
I asked a few of the boys after the game, no one knew so Im still not sure what It really means. Maybe someone from Tatong may help me out, wouldnt mind knowing what it means, should I feel bad?
If its any good I might even use it myself during a game.

Was sledged on Sat from over the fence from one of the boy's who played in the seconds for Tatong, also remember he wasnt too happy with me when last time we played Tatong at Tatong. Called me a sandbag and got me talking back over the fence to a supporter, something Ive never done before.
I had to ask why? Whats a sandbag? He didnt answer my question just gave me anouther serve.
I asked a few of the boys after the game, no one knew so Im still not sure what It really means. Maybe someone from Tatong may help me out, wouldnt mind knowing what it means, should I feel bad?
If its any good I might even use it myself during a game.
Is this also the same bloke that said you needed an ice-pac on the back of your head as he thought u were a back-runner? What does go through the minds of some of these people? I hope you didn't get too offended by these snide remarks roger:confused::confused::confused:

I might be a bit harsh but does turning up to training mean that your putting a lot into the club?
Is a couple of hours during the week really that hard to give?
Is society really that busy or maybe their that lazy.
Mate, we where in the game till three quater time then just lost the drive that longwood had found. with training i dont know about you but i think the lads that can make it do because some blokes in our team are from albury and i know that most of them work during the week i was just saying that for someone who cant drive (due to age) its hard to get out there every week.

Sorry rodger didnt realise you were a player, which one are you???
Was at the game but the missus wanted to head home..... too cold she whinged!!
Left at 3/4 time....She was driving cause i have one too many pure blondes. You boys won i read.
My thoughts on the game: your ruckman webb- played well again and should of been in the best. Also Scott Paulke Adam Larkin and Brendan Hammil contributed.
When you move the ball quickly through the center you look very impressive.... however you seem to use the wings far to often. You know the saying quickest way home.......
I think your best attribute is your teams ability to push back and help out the defence the number of times an on baller cleared for the back line....I lost count.
Do you have any players due back and if so how important are they???
Intrested to hear a reply- Jim ada
p.s directions to swampool would be good

Is this also the same bloke that said you needed an ice-pac on the back of your head as he thought u were a back-runner? What does go through the minds of some of these people? I hope you didn't get too offended by these snide remarks roger:confused::confused::confused:
Yeah its the same bloke, he played in the twos (playedin the 1s last time though). Im really offended, sandbag is it one word or two (sand bag) and I really dont know what it means. Not sure if someone sledging me really makes a difference though, I did miss a few goals and was off the ground before 3/4 time so maybe it did.

Sorry rodger didnt realise you were a player, which one are you???
Was at the game but the missus wanted to head home..... too cold she whinged!!
Left at 3/4 time....She was driving cause i have one too many pure blondes. You boys won i read.
My thoughts on the game: your ruckman webb- played well again and should of been in the best. Also Scott Paulke Adam Larkin and Brendan Hammil contributed.
When you move the ball quickly through the center you look very impressive.... however you seem to use the wings far to often. You know the saying quickest way home.......
I think your best attribute is your teams ability to push back and help out the defence the number of times an on baller cleared for the back line....I lost count.
Do you have any players due back and if so how important are they???
Intrested to hear a reply- Jim ada
p.s directions to swampool would be good
You should be able to work out who I am without a problem, and when you do come have a beer with me I could go a blonde or two.
I agree its best to move the ball quickly through the centre but you need your team to work quite hard to make this work otherwise turnovers cost big time. Webby played well as his height and size helps in the ruck contests, he has only played a couple of games and were hoping he gets better.
Morrison and Phillips should come back in this week but we will loose a few to injury.
Directions to Swanpool - follow the freeway to the Benalla exit and instead of going left into Benalla go right towards Mansfield. Follow that road and you cant miss Swanpool as you have to slow to 80 when you go through the town, but dont blink and the footy ground is on the right after the hall on the way back out. You shouldnt miss it.

Yeah its the same bloke, he played in the twos (playedin the 1s last time though). Im really offended, sandbag is it one word or two (sand bag) and I really dont know what it means. Not sure if someone sledging me really makes a difference though, I did miss a few goals and was off the ground before 3/4 time so maybe it did.

I think he may have called HAND BAG. Clean the spuds out of your ears Roger. They should be ready to harvest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back