Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rumours are true and Castlemaine don’t make it back, Maryborough struggle to field 3 sides and decide to move on and Kyneton move to the RDFL in 2024, do you think the league will be content with 7 teams or will they try to poach from other leagues like Sandhurst do with struggling club juniors

If Rumours are true and Castlemaine don’t make it back, Maryborough struggle to field 3 sides and decide to move on and Kyneton move to the RDFL in 2024, do you think the league will be content with 7 teams or will they try to poach from other leagues like Sandhurst do with struggling club
And if all your recent rumours are true Bev the football season is going to be replaced by a marbles competition. Mind you, if Gisborne manage to get Bailey Henderson to join his array of ex Castlemaine mates at the graveyard they will give it a real shake, but sadly South won't field a team.

How can you have equality when the only 2 teams in the BFL this year to lose points were south and kyneton !

Sandhurst with their juniors advantage and board members as close supporters should have won the last 15 flags !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably because they were closer in points to flat and Maryborough, rather than Eaglehawk and Sandhurst. Strath, square and Eaglehawk always generally have good thirds as do Gisborne and south are usually competitive in the thirds

If Rumours are true and Castlemaine don’t make it back, Maryborough struggle to field 3 sides and decide to move on and Kyneton move to the RDFL in 2024, do you think the league will be content with 7 teams or will they try to poach from other leagues like Sandhurst do with struggling club juniors
Bev last year, you were dead against Kyneton joining the Riddell league, now you want them to join next year. It appears you've given up on them already for this year

The bfl is in a pretty good location to grab other clubs, because from the north and east kids go to work and uni in Bendigo, so getting clubs to join won't be an issue

Probably because they were closer in points to flat and Maryborough, rather than Eaglehawk and Sandhurst. Strath, square and Eaglehawk always generally have good thirds as do Gisborne and south are usually competitive in the thirds
South thirds have only won 1 or 2 games in the last few season combined

Have you looked at any of south -18 results in past 2 years. They averaged 15 players

Sorry Bev but you’re a bit off the mark I think. Maryborough will have 3 teams (looking likely) & Kyneton has no plans to jump ship. Castlemaine will go around in some form.

Sorry Bev but you’re a bit off the mark I think. Maryborough will have 3 teams (looking likely) & Kyneton has no plans to jump ship. Castlemaine will go around in some form.

Gee they would want to start getting players registered pretty quick, not sure 3 players will cut it

Attachments

• D64E2F41-6F5C-4388-A7B5-A7BC74F3CCED.jpeg
    D64E2F41-6F5C-4388-A7B5-A7BC74F3CCED.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 149
Very strong rumour coming from Gisborne - They are having a massive crack at Bailey Henderson as they are resigned to the fact that Castlemaine won’t be getting up. He has 2 mates there and they are willing to sell the farm for a bloke that will play 4 games and stop their other kids from getting a game / interesting move !!

This is very strong / close to the core mail

Watch this space

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gisborne should probably remember the people you step on going up are the same people who will punch you in the nuts when you go back down.

Gisborne should probably remember the people you step on going up are the same people who will punch you in the nuts when you go back down.
If Castlemaine don't have a senior side, Henderson could get a 12 month permit, much like when kyenton went into no seniors, one of the young Kyneton guns went to Gizzy for the year, then went back after Kyneton got seniors.

Gisborne are a quality well run club, I reckon a basket case like Castlemaine could learn a few things like how to get and change a coach with a bit of dignity for all involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that comment is completely misinformed.
The blokes a moron, wouldn’t take any notice of him, has probably just got home from his 63rd straight day drinking at the Rifel by himself waiting for footy season to go Stand with his two fellow supporters at the QEO watching Sandhurst

I reckon that comment is completely misinformed.
Look where Castlemaine are on the ladder, they haven't played finals since I played against them when Paul Eyles was coach, look at how they treated their coach, who took on the role when the club was in a world of hurt. Look at Gisborne, waters is going to still help fix on the bench, guys from the Riddell want to play at Gisborne, Gisborne is a quality club, they have good footy people around the club. Castlemaine have a long way to go to feet there

The blokes a moron, wouldn’t take any notice of him, has probably just got home from his 63rd straight day drinking at the Rifel by himself waiting for footy season to go Stand with his two fellow supporters at the QEO watching Sandhurst
I'm drinking at the rifle, with all of Kyneton's recruits this year bev 👍

Bev last year, you were dead against Kyneton joining the Riddell league, now you want them to join next year. It appears you've given up on them already for this year

The bfl is in a pretty good location to grab other clubs, because from the north and east kids go to work and uni in Bendigo, so getting clubs to join won't be an issue

Trent
Who do you think will be the next 2-3 sides that will join the BFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent
Who do you think will be the next 2-3 sides that will join the BFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's hard to say, depends where the league targets, first one should be maiden gully, if they look north it could be Echuca, moama and Rochy and if they look south it could be another Gisborne team and a Sunbury team

Because they don't exist
Is this fact they haven’t recruited or a guess just because they haven’t announced anything unless you’ve heard something from someone? We’ve red on here they’ve lost a couple I hope it’s not true they haven’t picked up anyone as they are apparently flying off field these days would be good for that to translate to on field as well I guess we will find out once the season starts

Is this fact they haven’t recruited or a guess just because they haven’t announced anything unless you’ve heard something from someone? We’ve red on here they’ve lost a couple I hope it’s not true they haven’t picked up anyone as they are apparently flying off field these days would be good for that to translate to on field as well I guess we will find out once the season starts
As stated the bloke is a moron, and you can take it too the bank Kyneton will run out in round 1 with a Gisborne Premiership Player, A VAFA premier league forward ( who is on par with Cam Manuel), 21 year old straight from a VFL list / Ballarat football league and 2 brothers who have played much higher level than Bendigo footy, plus 3-4 locals returning!
End of Story

That's hard to say, depends where the league targets, first one should be maiden gully, if they look north it could be Echuca, moama and Rochy and if they look south it could be another Gisborne team and a Sunbury team
Sunbury joining Bendigo, why would we want to travel to Bendigo when there are much better comps much closer, you’re so delusional. I can confirm we lost one of our best players to Kyneton over the preseason, but left with our best wishes as he has decided to go play with some mates he has played TAC cup/ VFL with

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back