Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Castlemaine need to get on the phone to maffra, who are easily the smallest town in the gippsland league, similar in standard to the bfl and see what their success is in developing juniors, as they've got a real footy factory down there

Yes mate you are on the money. Some big exciting news that no doubt will be released shortly.

Huge for the club.

Not to sound condescending but I thought that Castlemaine were really good on Saturday. Still a comprehensive defeat but they have some good players and make a real contest. The clearance work of Matt Filo is excellent and Bailey Henderson is a gun....even on one leg. They have an obvious plan and they stick to that.

A comment from a person I respect was along the lines of. "Every bloke who ran out looks like a footballer. They look fit and young....they dont have anyone just there to fill a number"

Huge for the club.

Not to sound condescending but I thought that Castlemaine were really good on Saturday. Still a comprehensive defeat but they have some good players and make a real contest. The clearance work of Matt Filo is excellent and Bailey Henderson is a gun....even on one leg. They have an obvious plan and they stick to that.

A comment from a person I respect was along the lines of. "Every bloke who ran out looks like a footballer. They look fit and young....they dont have anyone just there to fill a number"

Would be great to see Castlemaine turn it around next year and have a red hot go. Hopefully Maryborough can get going as well. Makes things really interesting in this great comp.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kyneton and Chapman have mutually parted ways. Cited increased family and work commitments from Chapman's side and KFC looking to commence planning for their 2024 coach.

I keep harping on about this but Kyneton are the perfect case study of why football is doomed if changes are not made.

A club like Kyneton can bust their arses, get a lot right, and still make very little progress on field because the handicaps they face compared to Bendigo clubs are too great.

Just going to leave this here. Yet another canary found dead in the coal mine and still no action from the AFL.

Kyneton didn't play finals, but they have been pretty competitive in chappys 3 years. They've got Manual to the club, which is a big win, I think for it be a win they need manual to stay on and if they play finals next year, it's a yes from me. Redpath should be on their radar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyneton didn't play finals, but they have been pretty competitive in chappys 3 years. They've got Manual to the club, which is a big win, I think for it be a win they need manual to stay on and if they play finals next year, it's a yes from me. Redpath should be on their radar

I’d definitely have Chapman at my club. We already have one bloke ex Kyneton lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought as much with chappy resigning. I said in earlier posts went and seen em play sth and chappy didnt insire me with his addresses. Seen 2 players who were looking else where when he was talking, not interested. What does that tell you. It tells me he has lost the players. They need a playing coach who can direct play on the field.

Thought as much with chappy resigning. I said in earlier posts went and seen em play sth and chappy didnt insire me with his addresses. Seen 2 players who were looking else where when he was talking, not interested. What does that tell you. It tells me he has lost the players. They need a playing coach who can direct play on the field.

Bloody hard to be a playing coach these days I reckon. I am involved with a coaching group this season and it has given me a real understanding of how much is going on during a game. I couldn't be across what I would want to be across if I was playing

Who takes over Kyneton for the rest of the year now? Do we say Kyneton/Chapman duo been a success?

Its hard to judge the Chapman/Kyneton time. Kyneton were quite competitive and had been finalists a few times just prior to him getting their. Their were big expectations but they could never manage to keep a consistent group together and really build something

Its hard to judge the Chapman/Kyneton time. Kyneton were quite competitive and had been finalists a few times just prior to him getting their. Their were big expectations but they could never manage to keep a consistent group together and really build something
It’s an interesting question. The way I would judge it on is A results and B did he help change the culture and develop young players.

I think if you pay the amount he was “rumoured” to be on you would want to have at least played finals. The second part of the question is to hard for me to no as I’m not on the inner sanction. Someone closer to Kyneton maybe able to answer that question.

Gisborne getting mick was the best thing they ever did, he set the club up from being a talented group that went missing when the going got tough, to the best side in the state.

Knowing a guy that coached with chappy at werribee I'd think he needs someone as a good communicator as he's right hand man

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back