Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That's massive for the club, he's got afl and vfl contacts, gv contacts, cmfl contacts and he is a gun at either end of the ground, centre half forward or centre half back, you add Henderson full time, filo and things are already looking up

Great news for Castlemaine after a challenging few years and especially this year it’s the positive kick forward they need let’s hope it’s the first of many steps forward for the betterment of the club and the comp
Interesting news out of Kyneton it sounds like it was inevitable given they just seem to be treading water their best is very good but worst is very bad will be interesting to see how things pan out with a new coach and what path they take with recruiting they clearly got hurt with a bit of an exodus at the end of last year would the look to get Magin back maybe as coach he was very well liked
Anyone heard anything about Flats plans for a coach for next year they are back to square one once again it’s an important appointment this time around given their recent history of coaching appointments
There could be a number of new coaches next year with Horbury likely to move to qld and Matheson likely in his last year at Eaglehawk.

Great news for Castlemaine after a challenging few years and especially this year it’s the positive kick forward they need let’s hope it’s the first of many steps forward for the betterment of the club and the comp
Interesting news out of Kyneton it sounds like it was inevitable given they just seem to be treading water their best is very good but worst is very bad will be interesting to see how things pan out with a new coach and what path they take with recruiting they clearly got hurt with a bit of an exodus at the end of last year would the look to get Magin back maybe as coach he was very well liked
Anyone heard anything about Flats plans for a coach for next year they are back to square one once again it’s an important appointment this time around given their recent history of coaching appointments
There could be a number of new coaches next year with Horbury likely to move to qld and Matheson likely in his last year at Eaglehawk.

BFL clubs looking for a coach would be crazy not sounding out Linton Jacobs who is coaching Marong at present. I reckon great fit at Eaglehawk in the senior role if its available.

It depends who kyneton can get doesn't it?

Maybe they improve under a new coach next year, beatties record was better than chappys at the helm

Maybe, but it’s going to be a long road.

They’ve done a lot right, spent a lot of money, attracted an ex AFL star who was already a successful coach.

Short of him actually playing for them you would have said it was the ideal scenario for them and despite all that they still can’t make the 5.

As I keep banging on about there are inequities in the competition that can’t be fixed by these clubs, they can do everything right but sooner or later the reality of circumstance catches up with them.

My guess is this announcement will just speed up the inevitable move for Kyneton into the Riddell league.

BFL clubs looking for a coach would be crazy not sounding out Linton Jacobs who is coaching Marong at present. I reckon great fit at Eaglehawk in the senior role if its available.
Will be interesting to see if Marong’s movements influence Jacobs at all - if their plan is BFL long term then that might help him stick around?

Is Coates any chance of returning back to the Bendigo league after another successful stint thus far at Kerang?

Will be interesting to see if Marong’s movements influence Jacobs at all - if their plan is BFL long term then that might help him stick around?

Is Coates any chance of returning back to the Bendigo league after another successful stint thus far at Kerang?
Didn't Jacobs just resign with Marong. Saying he was staying whether still in LVFL or they move to HDFL...

I think if you pay the amount he was “rumoured” to be on you would want to have at least played finals.

I wonder if that was the real reason behind the parting.

The club might have reassessed and decided they didn't want to pay full whack for the rest of the year not to make finals and walking away might have suited both.

If the figures I've heard are right this has probably saved the club 20-25k depending on how things were structured of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if that was the real reason behind the parting.

The club might have reassessed and decided they didn't want to pay full whack for the rest of the year not to make finals and walking away might have suited both.

If the figures I've heard are right this has probably saved the club 20-25k depending on how things were structured of course.
If Kyneton have sacked Chapman it would be very generous of him to forgo any remaining payments owed to him for the remainder of the year unless it was Chapman himself who quit then that’s a different story I still find it hard to believe a coach would be on the money the rumours say he’s on
Any word on who is taking over for the rest of the year?

If Kyneton have sacked Chapman it would be very generous of him to forgo any remaining payments owed to him for the remainder of the year unless it was Chapman himself who quit then that’s a different story I still find it hard to believe a coach would be on the money the rumours say he’s on
Any word on who is taking over for the rest of the year?

Don't think it's a sacking, I'm wondering though if the club might have approached him and wanted to renegotiate the pay and instead he has said he would be happy to finish up now. A win of sorts for both of them if he was finishing this year anyway.

I'm pretty confident of what the rate was, I heard it first hand from the person they approached as a back up if they couldn't make a deal with Chapman.

They said to this bloke the request was 75k, they weren't going to pay it and if they couldn't strike a middle ground wanted him to take over.

My guess is the middle ground was about 60k, up from the 50 odd he was on the year before.

Haven't heard on a new coach, I'd assume they will announce one tonight, someone needs to take training!

Maryborough reappoints Coby Perry with big Matty Johnston joining as co-coach.

Nice to see those lads get a decent run at it, hope they do well.
It's great that they're back into it. I think Coby has done an excellent job given he was thrust into the role in December. The young guys in the team are also developing extremely well. Hopefully a win is forthcoming soon

I can’t believe he would have been getting $75k to coach
I heard another Club in the BFL spoke with him prior to him being appointed & his price tag was 70. Maybe Kyneton got him down a touch who knows. A topline player fresh out of the VFL or a Premier Metro comp with more current connections would be a better fit & cheaper!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back