Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there were but that doesn’t suit the argument!

Im sick of the whining and hub bashing. Get to work at club land and make decisions to help yourselves

I understand why you don’t want the hub / corruption to cease as it suits 3 clubs and yours is one of them. I would be defending them to the hilt if I was involved at strath / square and sandhurst

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I understand why you don’t want the hub / corruption to cease as it suits 3 clubs and yours is one of them. I would be defending them to the hilt if I was involved at strath / square and sandhurst

I’m not involved anywhere mate. I’m not defending them but also not incensently potting them either

Last edited:

I'm sure they want a 3 club comp? Makes the league really viable. why dont you guys tell us whats gone wrong on the field, it was top 3 after round 1? Youve got the most expensive side on the park in the bfl? What happened to the vfl alignment? Is singh still there and how much did you pay him?

I'm sure they want a 3 club comp? Makes the league really viable. why dont you guys tell us whats gone wrong on the field, it was top 3 after round 1? Youve got the most expensive side on the park in the bfl? What happened to the vfl alignment? Is singh still there and how much did you pay him?
You’re right Trent, they wouldn’t want a 3 team comp. But they don’t want their foothold on the comp threatened to much either.

Anyone know what the Addy constantly turns off comments on articles posted on Facebook these days? I saw an article today referencing Tardrew having 253 possessions on Saturday, but comments closed off.

Not sure why you are giving Castlemaine a whack Trent, they’ve been in every game at 3/4 time. Of course we’d love to have won a couple more but that’s a huge improvement by anyone’s measure. And I’d be very surprised if they are in the top six for spending in the league.

Anyone know what the Addy constantly turns off comments on articles posted on Facebook these days? I saw an article today referencing Tardrew having 253 possessions on Saturday, but comments closed off.

Because for some strange reason the Addy are company men. My guess is it’s because of the stats arrangement.

It’s early in the season and we don’t have the luxury of a corrupt system helping us - we are spending a little more but about half what you did to get up and going

253 possessions!!! Tardrew is good but not that good. He had 273 ranking points but I am wary of these type of stats and take little notice of them.

253 possessions!!! Tardrew is good but not that good. He had 273 ranking points but I am wary of these type of stats and take little notice of them.
Haha, yeah I’m the same with those stats. Fair play to those that do the them it’d be a very difficult job at local level with player identity. The only player capable of having 253 touches is the Prime Train 😜

Haha, yeah I’m the same with those stats. Fair play to those that do the them it’d be a very difficult job at local level with player identity. The only player capable of having 253 touches is the Prime Train
And it costs a fair whack of money to have the stats done. It's laughable and a waste of money.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why you are giving Castlemaine a whack Trent, they’ve been in every game at 3/4 time. Of course we’d love to have won a couple more but that’s a huge improvement by anyone’s measure. And I’d be very surprised if they are in the top six for spending in the league.

Because for some strange reason the Addy are company men. My guess is it’s because of the stats arrangement.
Yep a bit hard on the maine forrest, but I think if you'd won 3 games, would you be complaining as much?

I'm pretty sure castlemaine, used to not treat their fringe senior players that well and over time many guys just ended up preferring going local into the mcdfl. You only have to look at how they treated their past 2 coaches going out, both premiership players to see the clubs got a long way still to go. That's not a hub issue is it?

Haha, yeah I’m the same with those stats. Fair play to those that do the them it’d be a very difficult job at local level with player identity. The only player capable of having 253 touches is the Prime Train 😜

And it costs a fair whack of money to have the stats done. It's laughable and a waste of money.

I realise it's trendy to only be negative on here but at least try and understand something before you pop off. These stats are the greatest tool country footy coaches have ever had. Not necessarily the possessions stuff the paper love but the other data is incredible.

And what are they currently doing about those things? Can anyone name anything?

I maintain that with 76 hours a week available you should have all of that in hand with time to spare. Especially when clubs are the ones driving junior participantation anyway, the draw is a one off deal, clearances are automated, the salary cap doesn’t get audited and points are simple 90% of the time.
Starting to think you got knocked back with a job application there?

If you're not doing it you're losing engagement and falling further behind other leagues. It's not of interest to everyone but generates discussion & helps with exposure. Clubs wouldn't care too much for individual stats but the team stats stuff is definitely used by coaches and gives them data to back up what they're seeing when giving feedback to their teams

I realise it's trendy to only be negative on here but at least try and understand something before you pop off. These stats are the greatest tool country footy coaches have ever had. Not necessarily the possessions stuff the paper love but the other data is incredible.
What can't they see what's happening hank during a game?

The funniest thing I saw was a coach reading out stats at half time, 0 tackles inside 50 he roared not good enough, he failed to see there'd been only 1 inside 50, for the quarter.

Stats should only be used to back up with what you feel and see with your eye live, otherwise you turn into daniel hoye or Glenn luff who tried to use stats to draft players

The funniest thing I saw was a coach reading out stats at half time, 0 tackles inside 50 he roared not good enough, he failed to see there'd been only 1 inside 50, for the quarter.

Stats should only be used to back up with what you feel and see with your eye live, otherwise you turn into daniel hoye or Glenn luff who tried to use stats to draft players
Think you answered your own question, didn't see him say they can't see what's happening

Agree with the back up comment. Coaches get all of the opposition stats and vision - great insight into strengths, weaknesses, how they score, how they are scored against. I speak to a few coaches that use it and they love it.

Agree with the back up comment. Coaches get all of the opposition stats and vision - great insight into strengths, weaknesses, how they score, how they are scored against. I speak to a few coaches that use it and they love it.

Had access to it last season and it’s bloody brilliant. Not fool proof as players still hard to identify but it was still excellent to have access to so much data and vision

Off topic, but looking at PlayHq site every BFL club has 46 points from last round. Surely this has to be mistake because I thought I read there was no changes to points in most or if not all cases at end of last year. It appears to be the case since round one on closer inspection. How on earth could you possibly have Maryborough on level points with Sandhurst and Gisborne. Last year the differentials in both instances was 6. Square on 40 last year also.

Attachments

• Bendigo.JPG
    Bendigo.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yep a bit hard on the maine forrest, but I think if you'd won 3 games, would you be complaining as much?

I'm pretty sure castlemaine, used to not treat their fringe senior players that well and over time many guys just ended up preferring going local into the mcdfl. You only have to look at how they treated their past 2 coaches going out, both premiership players to see the clubs got a long way still to go. That's not a hub issue is it?

I’ve been calling for change for 30 years, both officially and as a supporter, the scoreboard means nothing to me.

And it’s disingenuous to imply there’s a suggestion that the hub is to blame for every mistake a club makes (although I disagree with the assertions you make there about those instances anyway), because no one has ever suggested such a thing.

The hub is responsible for the health of the game in the region and right now it is terminally ill.

Starting to think you got knocked back with a job application there?

Probably fair given I’ve been leaning towards you working there for quite a while. 🤣

We agree on something!

The stats I take with a grain of salt but the vision is brilliant. I remember when it was introduced there was push back from every club about the cost but it has improved the game.

The next step should be giving clubs the opportunity to sell subscription memberships so people can live stream their games each week.

We agree on something!

The stats I take with a grain of salt but the vision is brilliant. I remember when it was introduced there was push back from every club about the cost but it has improved the game.

The next step should be giving clubs the opportunity to sell subscription memberships so people can live stream their games each week.
Keep it free forest

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back