Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is winning, Iā€™d rather lose. I may not last the evening.
I can appreciate that forest šŸ‘. Days like that a few years ago would result in plenty in the rooms, a meal over the back washed down with more....a call into the 5 flags for more again on the way down to Robbo's, dodging kangaroos all the way, with a few more brown lemonades at Robbo's šŸ‘. Mid morning bacon brekky off the bbq..then a mini Sunday sesh then back to Seymour.

BFL aficionados,

Who will join me in petitioning for a final 6 this season?

It may be our last chance to get some interest into proceedings!

BFL aficionados,

Who will join me in petitioning for a final 6 this season?

It may be our last chance to get some interest into proceedings!
No reason Maine can't roll into Tannery Lane and walk away with the 4 points.

Weather or not you agree with he's points of view are irrelevant, he provides a perspective from a struggling club, much like you do with darryl, it'd be a pretty boring thread if everyone thought the same
You are Boring, this thread is boring. You talk about the same crap..... Trent you know nothing

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were never going to be accepted into the MCDFL.

Merger with Giants is the only way forward.
Could a merger with Castlemaine be considered? Both clubs struggle with population disadvantages being a key factor for them. A combined team would offset this. I know this idea has been panned on this forum before but in the present circumstances I think it should at least be looked at .

The view I would be particularly interested is LFG's.

No reason Maine can't roll into Tannery Lane and walk away with the 4 points.

Already inked that one in my program but still wonā€™t be enough unfortunately. We would have to win that one, Flat and pinch one against Sandhurst or Gisborne in the last two rounds and even then would need results to help I think. The South game round two really cost us.

Any truth theyā€™ve had to close the Railway early due to Crazy going mad?

Think everything in town was closed early as all roads led to the social rooms. Crazy was very satisfied last night as he should be.

Could a merger with Castlemaine be considered?

Even before this little resurgence there would be absolutely zero chance from a Castlemaine point of view.

Thereā€™s no connection for us to that area and to be blunt thereā€™s no appeal to it either. Wouldnā€™t be in the first 20 options if a merger was being considered.

Maine used 38 points yesterday. They need to ensure they retain those guys, that'd drop them to 32 and give them enough points buffer to add another 3 or 4 quality footballers.

Maine used 38 points yesterday. They need to ensure they retain those guys, that'd drop them to 32 and give them enough points buffer to add another 3 or 4 quality footballers.
They actually have a really strong launch pad to make inroads for finals next year. I just hope financially they can sustain spending what they are and to recruit more because theyā€™re on the right track without using massive points numbers. The local players really need to stick together and drive the standards around the playing group to keep this momentum going as they could have easily been in Marybourghā€™s position.

Forest, any word on the new club rooms design for camp reserve? Iā€™ve seen the original plans and they look absolutely fantastic. Would be a fantastic view were they are designed to go on the outer wing.

They actually have a really strong launch pad to make inroads for finals next year. I just hope financially they can sustain spending what they are and to recruit more because theyā€™re on the right track without using massive points numbers. The local players really need to stick together and drive the standards around the playing group to keep this momentum going as they could have easily been in Marybourghā€™s position.

Forest, any word on the new club rooms design for camp reserve? Iā€™ve seen the original plans and they look absolutely fantastic. Would be a fantastic view were they are designed to go on the outer wing.

As Iā€™ve said Iā€™m sceptical it is sustainable, personally Iā€™d be trying to get back to a position of strength and then assessing options.

Re the rooms, agree plans are fantastic, apparently wheels are turning. Thereā€™s some sort of digging going on at the proposed site at the moment to assess it for the building I think.

Maryborough likely to stay was the word at the QEO yesterday?
Surely they have no choice if they want to survive?
Rejected by MCDFNL clubs.
CHFL clubs don't want a bigger league and more travel, even if they only have to do it once every two years.
Merger options look scarce.
LVFNL too far away? LVFNL at risk of imploding anyway?

Apart from the mighty Maine winning by 2 points the average margin was 108 points - in the wet which would easily be the worst in the state possibly the country

All going well though letā€™s just keep doing zero

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back