Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown retiring and best mates with Hartley, if I was a betting man I'd say he'll be the Castlemaine FF next year.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is your role in all of this rkjc22? You seem very positive about all of this.
Wouldn't say I've been positive. I've said several times now I don't believe they'll be competitive in the league.

I do have friends up that way who just want their club back playing footy, so maybe I am biased but why anyone would want to piss on a committee trying to save a club is beyond me. I'd probably also say the same if people mocked Maryborough everytime something other than rants about how shit they'll be was posted.

IF the rumours are true and they've signed a quality coach then hats off to the committee don't you agree?

Wouldn't say I've been positive. I've said several times now I don't believe they'll be competitive in the league.

I do have friends up that way who just want their club back playing footy, so maybe I am biased but why anyone would want to piss on a committee trying to save a club is beyond me. I'd probably also say the same if people mocked Maryborough everytime something other than rants about how shit they'll be was posted.

IF the rumours are true and they've signed a quality coach then hats off to the committee don't you agree?
I'm hearing of a very credentialed coach from outside Victoria. If it's true, then I would say the wheels are definitely in motion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any experts on the points system able to advise what happens when a club transfers leagues? For example, someone played in league for a number of years and transferred to a surrounding club in a different league, their new club then moves into the same league as their old club - does that increase their points?

If I am not mistaken, if a player's club moves leagues and the player remains at the club then they are treated as being continually at the club (discounts apply where necessary and also depending on which club they are worth 1 point at).

However, the spanner in the works in this scenario is that I am pretty sure they had hardly any registered footballers this year because they would have played elsewhere instead.

If a player's home club was Broadford in the past and they changed clubs in 2024 while they were in recess and then go back to Broadford in 2025 then I am pretty sure they remain 1 point.

However, if a player's 1 point club was not Broadford and they subsequently played at Broadford in 2023 then played at say Avenel this year and then went back to Broadford in 2025 then their points would rise because Broadford isn't regarded as their club of origin or home club.

Last edited:
think thats correct mortlock. we had a player come to our club on i thknk 3 points. played a year but work took him away. returned a season later but was lobbed with a 4 from memory.
hard to follow all this. the one i battle with is the 3ds stuff. senior and reserves games can earn a point reduction but u18 or u19 dont seem to once players join or cross to a senior level club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back