Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

think thats correct mortlock. we had a player come to our club on i thknk 3 points. played a year but work took him away. returned a season later but was lobbed with a 4 from memory.
hard to follow all this. the one i battle with is the 3ds stuff. senior and reserves games can earn a point reduction but u18 or u19 dont seem to once players join or cross to a senior level club.
Yes the 3rds stuff is ridiculous, talking to someone involved with a local club and they stated their club will have several under 18’s players play 3 years at their club (under 18’s). But due to the under 18’s games/seasons not being taken into account they will enter senior football as 3 point players as they have come from other junior clubs.

Yes the 3rds stuff is ridiculous, talking to someone involved with a local club and they stated their club will have several under 18’s players play 3 years at their club (under 18’s). But due to the under 18’s games/seasons not being taken into account they will enter senior football as 3 point players as they have come from other junior clubs.
That’s a good rule in my opinion. Stops the “power clubs” raiding other clubs under 16 talent, then getting them to the 40 game mark via under 18’s games and becoming 1 pointers when they transition into senior footy. It somewhat protects the smaller clubs, by making the bigger clubs pay a penalty in a way by poaching 15-16 year olds.

That’s a good rule in my opinion. Stops the “power clubs” raiding other clubs under 16 talent, then getting them to the 40 game mark via under 18’s games and becoming 1 pointers when they transition into senior footy. It somewhat protects the smaller clubs, by making the bigger clubs pay a penalty in a way by poaching 15-16 year olds.
The 40 game rule doesn’t apply for under 18 games, it’s only junior games.

The 40 game rule doesn’t apply for under 18 games, it’s only junior games.
Yep that was the point I was trying to make. Not counting 18’s games makes it somewhat harder or riskier to poach 15-16 year olds, knowing they start as 3 pointers once they progress into senior footy.

I’m hearing he is a moral to play at Gisborne - with his cousins! That would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be better if it was at Camp reserve...seeing as they're Castlemaine juniors !!. I really don't understand the mentality, what's wrong with getting stuck in at your local club...maybe it's just me.

Would be better if it was at Camp reserve...seeing as they're Castlemaine juniors !!. I really don't understand the mentality, what's wrong with getting stuck in at your local club...maybe it's just me.
And further more...wasn't Dustys uncle a Castlemaine premiership player ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are like strath mate - everyone else is on $50 a game - helps when we have such a strong culture

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t know mate. Got no idea what anyone has been paid at Strath but I’m glad your happy to put big Benny’s wage out there for all to see

The North Central option (like many) was looked at although there is no benefit for the club to head that way when you look at the current situation. Distance is an issue and travelling to places like Sea Lake for example is significant especially when you look at our club trying to attract players from Melbourne and regional cities like Ballarat and not being in a position to offer significant amounts of money as some clubs in remote locations do to attract players.

The other issue is our club really has nothing in common with clubs within the league and the region in general.

It was not an option that was considered to be the best for the future of the club although as part of looking at the future of the club, all avenues are being explored as nothing has been left unturned. Regardless of what happens, the review of the club has been a positive and something that may be considered well overdue. Maybe if this was done earlier, the club may have not been in this plight although who really knows and there is no benefit in pointing the blame at anyone. People involved in sporting clubs just try to do their best and improve their respective club.

Thanks for that mate. Wishing you guys all the best, hope you can find a solution

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back