Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge emotion during and after the Strath v Maryborough game.

Haven’t seen anything like it and massive credit to all involved at Maryborough

Good luck…wish I could help

Thanks Roota.

Kudos to everyone at Strath for yesterday. What you did for us was great and showed what a quality club they are. I know everyone at Maryborough really appreciated it.

As for our club what can I say. An unbelievable effort by all (football and netball). It’s been a challenging year to say the least and yesterday was probably the toughest day we have experienced with a lot of emotion at the end. I have been involved in footy around the country (too many places to mention) but I have never seen anything like what has happened with our club. The way we have stuck together has been second to none and the support and care for each other has been exemplary. The club and wider community has become a better place for all we have been through.

As for the future, who knows what is ahead. The review we have completed has been a positive and probably long overdue as I have mentioned before. We have a good structure, financially sound, good business support but no players which is a massive issue.

I am optimistic but also a realist about what could happen. I don’t want to see a club with 150 years of history go and to see the efforts of certain people to try and admit a club that doesn’t even exist just because we need to expand supposedly to the detriment of a club like ours somewhat saddens me.

A shout out also to the BFNL clubs for their help, support and understanding through the year. They have been fantastic with some going way over and above. It is appreciated by us.

Good luck to the clubs for the finals.

I’m pretty sure u have to have a certain scoreboard that’s adaptive to do that, as we asked abt it at Ky
It's amazing clubs all over the state got grants to install electronic scoreboards, surely the afl could have done a deal with the installer for all scoreboards go live to playhq. Maybe the playhq guys want extra money for everything extra though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The live scores has been a bugbear of mine for a while, perhaps nothing sums up the incompetence of the hub better.

Surely when they don’t work for a week one of the 350 staff should follow up and then come out the next week and assist to solve any problems.

The same venues seem to break down all the time and yet they do nothing about it.

The live scores has been a bugbear of mine for a while, perhaps nothing sums up the incompetence of the hub better.

Surely when they don’t work for a week one of the 350 staff should follow up and then come out the next week and assist to solve any problems.

The same venues seem to break down all the time and yet they do nothing about it.
Stop blaming the hub for every bloody thing. Be a bit proactive for once and do something yourselves if your having problems. The only alledged problem yesterday was at Castlemaine. Is this a common occurance?

Apologies for taking the conversation back to Broadford but believe I have a good grasp on what is happening behind the scenes.

The opinion at league and club level is Maryborough will not be going on as a senior club in the Bendigo league, for at least a year or two.

With the loss of Kyneton this creates somewhat of a financial hole for the clubs, with two home games being lost.

The obvious answer would be to drop the salary cap but the strong clubs don’t want to do that, (despite the fact they are over it anyway) as they feel it will make it impossible to compete with the outer leagues to recruit.

So the league big whips have cracked on our leaders who naturally fall into line and desperately search for another club.

The issue is that like a losing club searching for a coach, no one wants to take them on. They have made multiple approaches to just about every club you can think of, and most of them didn’t even want to have a preliminary conversation.

So like the struggling club they have ended up with only one candidate, who everyone knows is a bad fit, but it’s that or nothing. The clubs want a game replaced so they take this or nothing.

The melting pot full of hub ****-ups has come to the boil and now everyone is eating shit stew.

Stop blaming the hub for every bloody thing. Be a bit proactive for once and do something yourselves if your having problems. The only alledged problem yesterday was at Castlemaine. Is this a common occurance?

Righto let’s stop blaming the people running the game for the game not being well run.

If you follow live scores across the season and across the region you will see it is always unreliable in many places and Castlemaine is most certainly one.

Of course it should be the hub’s role to follow up and find out what’s going wrong and sort them out to fix it, otherwise what is the point of them?

Righto let’s stop blaming the people running the game for the game not being well run.

If you follow live scores across the season and across the region you will see it is always unreliable in many places and Castlemaine is most certainly one.

Of course it should be the hub’s role to follow up and find out what’s going wrong and sort them out to fix it, otherwise what is the point of them?
Have you asked the sec or pres at Maine why it doesnt work? Its not that hard. The hub doesnt control what goes onto play hq. Its the home teams job. Im not an apologist for the hub and have openly critisized them but surely you blokes can fix something that not a lot of others seem to have problems with. Castlemaine the city of thinkers,not.

Have you asked the sec or pres at Maine why it doesnt work? Its not that hard. The hub doesnt control what goes onto play hq. Its the home teams job. Im not an apologist for the hub and have openly critisized them but surely you blokes can fix something that not a lot of others seem to have problems with. Castlemaine the city of thinkers,not.

There would be at least a game a round in most leagues on average where the scores either don’t start or get stuck at some point in the game.

The hub is the one that push all this crap onto clubs, of course they should be making sure it is all running properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back