Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Which we should all understand and accept. There is clearly more involved than when we used to ring the scores through on a Saturday night.

Having a goal of everyone being able to do it all the time is fine, having it as an expectation is asking a bit much I think.
Not really my kids basketball game is live for division 9 under 14 boys it's not hard

Having used the PlayHQ system, It is so easy to add a goal or behind but it is absolute pain when you have done a mistake and you have to remove it and there is multiple step process to remove it and you may have missed a goal or point by the time you finish however when there is a one or two step(If you add players) when selecting a goal or behind.
Mate it's not rocket science, admittedly at my kids basketball I try to not get the ipad when I have to score, but it's not like goals or behinds are kicking every minute of the game, you've got time. I'm sure every club has whatsapp groups for canteen, time keeping etc. You might have the ipad for one game a year. We are carrying on like you need a degree in rocket science to push a few buttons on an ipad

Not really, once you have a few people who have it sorted it’s pretty simple to spread that knowledge around.

I suspect the issue is more that people don’t know what to do when it doesn’t work and how to get it back on track.
Get x number of volunteers from the Maine organised get your sec to ring the hub and see if something can be organised. FFS its not that hard

Get x number of volunteers from the Maine organised get your sec to ring the hub and see if something can be organised. FFS its not that hard
Or hold a info night for team managers before the season starts, to go thru how to do these live scoring stuff.. as once u have done it a few times it’s pretty easy

Or hold a info night for team managers before the season starts, to go thru how to do these live scoring stuff.. as once u have done it a few times it’s pretty easy
I think that need to be extended to all interested Volunteers, Most Team Manager know Playhq very well, It is all volunteers that need to doing it. Even an Online Course or youtube tutorial should be fine.

Mate it's not rocket science, admittedly at my kids basketball I try to not get the ipad when I have to score, but it's not like goals or behinds are kicking every minute of the game, you've got time. I'm sure every club has whatsapp groups for canteen, time keeping etc. You might have the ipad for one game a year. We are carrying on like you need a degree in rocket science to push a few buttons on an ipad
Well AFL Vic and the Hub need to go to Playhq and get some tutorials online. Play HQ has done it with Cricket this season as that is shown on Playhq help site

Argee it is not rocket science but need to communication and it can be done from the Volunteers and Clubs as were getting ignored overall

Why would a club spend one second worrying about it?

There’s absolutely zero benefit to any club from live scores, in fact it’s the opposite.

It’s a league marketing and promotion issue and as such the responsibility of the hub. I ask again, what do the staff do all day?

There’s absolutely zero benefit to any club from live scores, in fact it’s the opposite.

It’s a league marketing and promotion issue and as such the responsibility of the hub. I ask again, what do the staff do all day?
Carol please give Castlemaine another ring.

Get real..seriously.

Plenty of us follow scores live for various reasons.

For me and lots of other people on here it’s a way to keep track on our home clubs that we cannot get to each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadford could surprise a few I’m hearing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
a few as in 3. still cant understand how a low level hardly competitive division 3 club can go fr9m recess to major league consideration. f8nals are now in play and many clubs seasons are winding up and there yet to announce anything. no coach. no comitted footballers or netballers display3d anywhere. maybe this is a charade to force city hall to place them somewhere more suitable. if so its a great plan as its getting them plenty of air time

Why not?

The best players and top teams are excellent
It has one of the highest winning margin differentials in the whole state.
It (unfortunately) has a team who has had to borrow players just to fill a senior team each week.
It has seen a mass exodus of its best players over recent years.
It’s that desperate it’s bring a Div 3 type club out of recess into the fold to make up the numbers.
It might still be classified a major league, but in the eyes of most it’s quickly losing/as good as lost status as a major league.

Time to have another spell. You've lost the plot.

I know it’s probably difficult for a sweathog, but perhaps offer a counter position rather than just a trite response.

Live scores are a very useful feature of the game for supporters but I’d love you to explain how they are a club issue as opposed to a hub one.

After all, they potentially compete with the gate and appear on the league website where all traffic and sponsor engagement benefits the hub.

The best result for a club is people paying st the gate to see the scores. The second best result is people utilising their social media channels to see the scores. Even having people waiting for the local paper is a better result for the club given they can at least chuck a sponsor or two in that.

With all of the slog involved in operating a club it is madness to suggest they should be spending time on something that is clearly a hub issue, especially when no one can think of a single thing they do all day.

Yep, and that's probably at a single stadium, where there is always someone with the requisite knowledge available if something goes wrong.

Unless you're going to have the goal umpires (who are the official scorer's for a game of footy) updating a tablet in real time you're not comparing apples with apples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back