Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't possibly see this happening. To recruit the caliber of player required they'd surely need salary cap concessions. Who's going to go there knowing they'll be on the end of Maryborough type losses all year, without going for overs on what they're worth?

If you haven’t signed a coach and already got recruits locked away then you're playing musical chairs when everyone else sat down three months ago.

There’s no way you hold those announcements back in their situation, when you need all the supporter engagement you can get.

I can't possibly see this happening. To recruit the caliber of player required they'd surely need salary cap concessions. Who's going to go there knowing they'll be on the end of Maryborough type losses all year, without going for overs on what they're worth?
plenty of guys around the state who simply do it for money and nothing else. id be surprised if there wernt players heading to some of your lesser bendigo league clubs or the district ones around fully aware the scorelines upcoming. but the money is ridiculous and the expectation to train compared to clubs closer is minimal. if clubs have enoufh money theyll never want for players of any calibre looking to cash in and pay a mortgage a car loan or fund their saturday night habits. winning to many is no longer a critical factor.

If you haven’t signed a coach and already got recruits locked away then you're playing musical chairs when everyone else sat down three months ago.

There’s no way you hold those announcements back in their situation, when you need all the supporter engagement you can get.
Could not agree more mate. Last sentence is spot on. Good luck to them but I can't see this working at all.

I know it’s probably difficult for a sweathog, but perhaps offer a counter position rather than just a trite response.

Live scores are a very useful feature of the game for supporters but I’d love you to explain how they are a club issue as opposed to a hub one.

After all, they potentially compete with the gate and appear on the league website where all traffic and sponsor engagement benefits the hub.

The best result for a club is people paying st the gate to see the scores. The second best result is people utilising their social media channels to see the scores. Even having people waiting for the local paper is a better result for the club given they can at least chuck a sponsor or two in that.

With all of the slog involved in operating a club it is madness to suggest they should be spending time on something that is clearly a hub issue, especially when no one can think of a single thing they do all day.
Gee you're precious.

Could not agree more mate. Last sentence is spot on. Good luck to them but I can't see this working at all.
If Truslove is coaching, he would not be doing it for under 60K! Then, you need to find around 75-80 footballers! Then you need to find netballers! Where do the volunteers come from? the medical staff/ the money to recruit and pay coaches? Who is on the recruiting committee? Is there a committee? who is sponsoring the club with no players? so many questions that cannot be answered in the next 6 months.

If Truslove is coaching, he would not be doing it for under 60K! Then, you need to find around 75-80 footballers! Then you need to find netballers! Where do the volunteers come from? the medical staff/ the money to recruit and pay coaches? Who is on the recruiting committee? Is there a committee? who is sponsoring the club with no players? so many questions that cannot be answered in the next 6 months.
Who's leaving an afl system and a really good one at the swans, to spend most of your time in the off-season pissing in guys pockets telling them how good they are to sign up at broadford. In hope you'll get an okay squad to actually implement some coaching. Absolutely bizarre

I think what forrest is trying to say is that if there's live scores been actively promoted by the club, if someone living locally is humming and harring about going to the game, they can check at quarter time and if it's a blow out they'll stay in their shed and fire up the pot belly instead of heading down

Tell me the benefits then?
Retains community connections to elderly ex-members who cannot attend, and for former players and supporters who have moved far away from their former club. It's about community service and hence the club being central to the community and the footy club being the entity that retains links that might bring people back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retains community connections to elderly ex-members who cannot attend, and for former players and supporters who have moved far away from their former club. It's about community service and hence the club being central to the community and the footy club being the entity that retains links that might bring people back.
In fairness they can get on the phone to get scores and at the same time engage in communication with people .
Country football isn’t the AFL competition and there is minimal financial benefit gained from things like live scoring and/ live-streaming which makes its way to the clubs .
On the other hand there is some data to confirm that livestream / live scoring does affect gates which goes directly to clubs .
I hope the connection through being at the footy having a beer / enagaging in the community isn’t lost , it serves the community far more than selling a beer or gate admission .

Tell me the benefits then?
It’s called information for all people interested in country football.
A lot of people have family members playing at clubs which are not in driving distance.
A lot of neighbouring leagues also have interest in up to date scores.
I think it’s a great idea.
Not sure what your idea is really.

I think what forrest is trying to say is that if there's live scores been actively promoted by the club, if someone living locally is humming and harring about going to the game, they can check at quarter time and if it's a blow out they'll stay in their shed and fire up the pot belly instead of heading down

That and people talk about engaging people who can’t get to the ground or are interested from a distance.

My point is the entire commercial benefit of that interest goes to the hub. People click on the league website and drive traffic to them, and they see the league sponsors. Then the league uses that traffic to sell to sponsors.

Clubs could easily engage those people via their own social media and websites, increasing their own traffic numbers and promoting their own sponsors.

Same engagement of supporters but much better sponsorship outcomes for the club. Which is exactly why they are now forbidden from posting live scores via those means.

That and people talk about engaging people who can’t get to the ground or are interested from a distance.

My point is the entire commercial benefit of that interest goes to the hub. People click on the league website and drive traffic to them, and they see the league sponsors. Then the league uses that traffic to sell to sponsors.

Clubs could easily engage those people via their own social media and websites, increasing their own traffic numbers and promoting their own sponsors.

Same engagement of supporters but much better sponsorship outcomes for the club. Which is exactly why they are now forbidden from posting live scores via those means.

Someone at the hub has done something terrible to you haven’t they

Would it be a concern to the BFNL board of management that their comp is the fourth "most uneven" in the state and could climb higher next year if they admit Broadford? At the same time other major leagues around state have actually tightened up.

Surely you arent one of those gooses who has to buy something because you see an advert. I dont think that anyone who goes to the league website even looks at adverts, I for 1 dont look at ads fullstop. People dont click on the league website to see the scores they click on PLAYHQ. And believe it or not some clubs even post scores on facebook on their sites. Heaven forbid. This is the last time Im responding to one of ur posts u do my head in. Forest 1, Fat gone.

Surely you arent one of those gooses who has to buy something because you see an advert. I dont think that anyone who goes to the league website even looks at adverts, I for 1 dont look at ads fullstop. People dont click on the league website to see the scores they click on PLAYHQ. And believe it or not some clubs even post scores on facebook on their sites. Heaven forbid. This is the last time Im responding to one of ur posts u do my head in. Forest 1, Fat gone.

I get the feeling you aren’t all that experienced with marketing.

You’ll have to trust me when I tell you that when clubs are selling to sponsors the number of eyeballs they can point to hitting their supporter engagement material is extremely important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back