Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is that gizzy win on Saturday they are straight to Ballarat. They would need to know the Broadford scenario before jumping but hearing if it’s a yes to Broadford then they will take their flags and run !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your nearly correct
Majority of members and key personal want that to happen but the clubs biggest backer is not wanting to leave Bendigo so currently they have to stay as backer is to influential.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Word is that gizzy win on Saturday they are straight to Ballarat. They would need to know the Broadford scenario before jumping but hearing if it’s a yes to Broadford then they will take their flags and run !

You'd imagine the melton south move has pushed the rat league to try entice them over.

Has the league given permission for Maryborough to keep their 18s team active? How
You'd imagine the melton south move has pushed the rat league to try entice them over.
Ballarat league didn't even advertise their own league medal count on socials until yesterday afternoon. May not know where Gisborne is. And I'm assuming they know Melton South is leaving but assuming is risky.

From the moment they botched the handling of Kyneton, Gisborne was always gone.

As I said at the time it might be this year or next year but there’s no doubt it will happen. They are not going to wear a huge financial loss like that and just carry on like nothing happened.

Why it is supposed to be an advantage having your players on the Pioneers list is a mystery to me.

It’s not so much the ones who make it, it’s the others who hope to make it but aren’t quite there. They are the kids who are convinced that if they change schools and clubs they might just take the next step.

South leaving gets rid of the bye & without wishing to be harsh, a walkover each week.

In speaking with a couple of people involved at Gisborne, there's some interest in making the move but not to the degree this board would have you believe. It'll be interesting to see what does play out.

Great to see them improve on their footy, let's hope they bring a bit of what they learnt at rochy back in 2026. Rochy are a very good club and certainly got the best out of both boys
Yes mate you would hope they head back home at some point and help lift their Junior club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In speaking with a couple of people involved at Gisborne, there's some interest in making the move but not to the degree this board would have you believe. It'll be interesting to see what does play out.

We all have different sources and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, but I happened to be with a couple of prominent Gisborne people the day Kyneton left. The call from Hayden Evans came to one of them and he told them they were out.
Their immediate response was start the countdown clock because the balance just tipped back the other way, ie to Ballarat.

We all have different sources and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, but I happened to be with a couple of prominent Gisborne people the day Kyneton left. The call from Hayden Evans came to one of them and he told them they were out.
Their immediate response was start the countdown clock because the balance just tipped back the other way, ie to Ballarat.
As I said, there's some degree of interest.
It's not as though there are people on here with agendas that get a bit excited by a bit of drama..

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back