Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bed and breakfast-if you think this guy is good why dont you shut up and let his actions judge him

I am the real Henryd which is my fathers name -Tim if this was you on my computer your SS is ready to be pushed into the campaspe

I do seem to recall from print or radio the Councillor incharge of the redevolopment making mention that the inclined embankment at the South Bendigo clubrooms pocket being well outside the legal parameters. (I think its not to exceed 1 in 14 or something constructiony.....) The first look at altering the ground shape had something to with allowing enough room from the path level in Barnard St to the playing surface which was being altered in height for drainage purposes and having it all marry in in a legal manner....Or something....:confused:

s'pose you have all read paul daffeys letter to central vic on afl.com.au go to the website and look on the 'features' section --- we have an oval Oval at the q now... the time honored square shape has gone to God :thumbsdown:

doc kenny, his hurst mates and south counterparts decided drainage was more vital then history so the engineerd slope down 2wards the barnard str. end will now presumably take the winter rainwater away

:mad: go to afl.au and get fired up, boys :mad:

Get your facts right Bob. Can't speak for South, but as I remember, Hurst were largely against changing the ground shape. Majority and dollars wins every time

Strath Storm Registration and Membership day this Sunday at Tannery Lane commencing from 11.30am.

Jumping castle, kids activities, sausage sizzle and refreshments will be available throughout the day. All Storm supporters encouraged to attend.

r u being spot on & truthful noisewater daffey's article indicates south AND sandhurst plumped for the drainage rather than retaining the square shape

over here doha kangas play abu dhabi falcons in middle east grannie on friday. game is at abu dhabi. frmr wang magpies ben simpson is kangaroos big star

I did hear about this last night actually, can anyone confirm or deny? Square had a good win against Kyabram yesterday.

Confimed. Friendly fire between Jarryd Wishart and a new guy (first night at training), collided into each other during a scratch match.

Ambo was called to assist new guy as he ended up with a fractured jaw. Wishy was released from hospital the following day. Talk about 1st night blues !

Onto positive news, Storm had 3 very good wins against Tongala at Tongala. Seniors pumped Tongala, with Tongala seniors kicking their only goal 30 secs from final siren. Better players in the 1's were: Prior, J. Hall, Geary, Mildren.

Big test this weekend when the Storm take on Shepp United (GVFL) at home on Saturday. Those wanting to see how the 2011 Storm boys are looking, are encouraged to head out to Tannery Lane for what shold be a good contest Satday arvo.

I heard some new recruits at strath didn't want to play with Hehir. As they had previously played with him in recent years, and didn't like his style.

Whoa, hold the phone everyone...

Looks like Stevie Oliver and the crew found some money to get a new BENDIGO FOOTBALL NETBALL LEAGUE website up and running...:eek:

http://www.bendigofnl.com.au/index.php?pgid=2

Looks Good..

My Top 5 - (Obviously only my opinion)

Square by the length of Flemington :thumbsu:
Eaglehawk
Strath
Sandhurst
Gisborne

Castlemaine the big improver's.

Wooden Spoon - Maryborough: Look to have lost a lot of good players..

Weeks to win the Goal Kicking easily in a fantastic team. Also with Jimmy Condos moving to WRFL and Harry playing mainly @ Bendigo should have it in the bag.

Michelson Medallist - Tough to call with so many good players. Hard for forwards to win it but I would love to see Weeksy win it..Was pretty stiff last year. Bowe and Coatesy if fully fit. Geary at Strath will pole pretty well as will some of Castemaine's new recruits.

James Bristow I think is in for a massive year after spending time with Gippsland Power / Bendigo Bombers..Will be at Square full time and is an absolute gun who takes plenty of marks from Opposition entries.

Can anyone tell me if the rumours are true out of Kyneton. Mass exodus of players... Condos, Trajkovski, Turner, Ciunik, Hopkins just to name a few.:confused: And looking on the clearances only 2 have arrived. If this is true will b a tough yr for dekka an club. I hope I've heard wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me if the rumours are true out of Kyneton. Mass exodus of players... Condos, Trajkovski, Turner, Ciunik, Hopkins just to name a few.:confused: And looking on the clearances only 2 have arrived. If this is true will b a tough yr for dekka an club. I hope I've heard wrong

any news on kynetons practice match from the weekend.think they were playing Daylesford

Any other Praccy results ?

Gisborne beat Doutta Stars last week by about 9-10 goals

then lost to Eltham by about 7 goals on Saturday

Any other Praccy results ?

Gisborne beat Doutta Stars last week by about 9-10 goals

then lost to Eltham by about 7 goals on Saturday

Going by the GV thread Square beat Rochy by a handful of goals with Weeks kicking 7. Going to be very interesting to see them up against Shepp united on Friday night, hopefully I can make it.

Glad to hear the Dragons took it up to GVFL side Tatura on the weekend, going down by 7 pts. Lee Coghlan, Michael Cornish and a couple of others missed the game. Encouraging, considering the lack of signings this year.

Castlemaine had a good win over Mitiamo on the weekend, getting up by 6 or 7 goals.
Looks like the boys might be on the right track to show some good improvements in 2011. A lot of new faces out and about at Miti on Saturday, Bone, Singh, Schultz and co look as though they will play good seasons.

Well done to Golden Square on their win last night, sounded like a cracking game, nice result for the local product :thumbsu:

Well done to Golden Square on their win last night, sounded like a cracking game, nice result for the local product :thumbsu:
How good is this Golden Square side ?

Probably as good as any country/metro side in the state i reckon.

If G.Weeks accuracy improves, he may end up with 170 odd for the year

come on boys, where is the chat?? we are almost into round 1 and it's been very quiet on here of late. Isn't this the time of year where the last minute recruits come out of the woodwork, where every side finds reason why they are good enough to be better than everyone else thinks (minus square, who obviously can't be better than the best).
It's got to the point where i've had to do something i don't do often, and that's post a post. I'll stick to my usual format of asking questions - i'll raise a "q" to each team and see what comes back. And, just for shits and giggles, i'll even put my predictions in for round 1 to get the season rolling.....

Gisborne - Have they picked up enough players to bridge the gap back to the race for 2nd spot?

Kyneton - All the news has been about those that are no longer there, has the messiah got anything up his sleeve to awake the sleeping tigers?

Castlemaine - With the young skipper jumping ship so late in the season (freeing up half the player budget in the meantime), will the heart be ripped from the wilting magpies?

Maryborough - Another messiah returns to try lead the club out of the doldrums, but with more outs than ins, who will they lean on to lead the charge?

Strathfieldsaye - the hype side outside the square, has the coach got the ability to coach, or does he just have the chequebook to convince people he can?

Sandhurst - rumours are rife they could be in strife. dwindling pre-season numbers made it tough to muster up a 5 star handball on more than one occasion. will the load be left to too few, or could they be a sleeping giant?

South Bendigo - continuing the league-wide trend of more outs than ins, will they have the greatest drop in average-age in BFL history?

Eaglehawk - Solid pre-season, slight changing of the guard..... how long will it be sustained, will they be able to deliver what they promise?

Kangaroo Flat - simple question here, will their worst (minus harry) be close enough to their best (with harry) to make the 5?

Golden Square - how many records can be set by the one club in the one year?

this is how bart thinks it'll happen this week:
GOLDEN SQUARE vs Sth Bendigo - 162
KYNETON vs Sandhurst - 8
GISBORNE vs Strathfieldsaye - 28
KANGAROO FLAT vs Castlemaine - 41
EAGLEHAWK vs Maryborough - 103

come on boys, where is the chat?? we are almost into round 1 and it's been very quiet on here of late. Isn't this the time of year where the last minute recruits come out of the woodwork, where every side finds reason why they are good enough to be better than everyone else thinks (minus square, who obviously can't be better than the best).
It's got to the point where i've had to do something i don't do often, and that's post a post. I'll stick to my usual format of asking questions - i'll raise a "q" to each team and see what comes back. And, just for shits and giggles, i'll even put my predictions in for round 1 to get the season rolling.....

Gisborne - Have they picked up enough players to bridge the gap back to the race for 2nd spot?

Kyneton - All the news has been about those that are no longer there, has the messiah got anything up his sleeve to awake the sleeping tigers?

Castlemaine - With the young skipper jumping ship so late in the season (freeing up half the player budget in the meantime), will the heart be ripped from the wilting magpies?

Maryborough - Another messiah returns to try lead the club out of the doldrums, but with more outs than ins, who will they lean on to lead the charge?

Strathfieldsaye - the hype side outside the square, has the coach got the ability to coach, or does he just have the chequebook to convince people he can?

Sandhurst - rumours are rife they could be in strife. dwindling pre-season numbers made it tough to muster up a 5 star handball on more than one occasion. will the load be left to too few, or could they be a sleeping giant?

South Bendigo - continuing the league-wide trend of more outs than ins, will they have the greatest drop in average-age in BFL history?

Eaglehawk - Solid pre-season, slight changing of the guard..... how long will it be sustained, will they be able to deliver what they promise?

Kangaroo Flat - simple question here, will their worst (minus harry) be close enough to their best (with harry) to make the 5?

Golden Square - how many records can be set by the one club in the one year?

this is how bart thinks it'll happen this week:
GOLDEN SQUARE vs Sth Bendigo - 162
KYNETON vs Sandhurst - 8
GISBORNE vs Strathfieldsaye - 28
KANGAROO FLAT vs Castlemaine - 41
EAGLEHAWK vs Maryborough - 103
Not sure of a top two finish, i think Gisborne would be stoked to play finals.

Is it true Kyneton havent played a practice match at all ?

Not sure of a top two finish, i think Gisborne would be stoked to play finals.

Is it true Kyneton havent played a practice match at all ?

With Jordie Barham returning to Gisborne should also help them with a push back into the top 5. If Saunders can stay fully fit and with Petran and Somergan the forward line has some goal kicking potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back