Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm heading out there too mate. Thin gound ol' maryborough. I think Flat are up for the challenge though

What have you got for us Girth? Great result for Maryborough by the looks and a blow for Flat with that fight for 5th still wide open. We had a good win Haythorpe was on fire up forward but I think South will be happy to put this Season behind them and start again. The deadline to clearances is ticking close to an end will we see anything? Unlikely from the Den Id think.

Fly,
I was at the Flat V MBurra game and saw one team more switched on and comitted
Flat were beaten in the clearences which on a wet slippery day was a huge difference
Flat won clearences clearly for 15 minutes in the 3rd quarter and banged on 3 goals to get the lead but did not go on with it and the game went back to previous form.
Flat also missed shots they should have kicked late in 3rd and early in last
But take nothing away form the pies a well deserved win and a better functioning forward line
That game may come back to haunt the Flat but also sides to tread carefully as they run into the Magpies in coming weeks as they will get more scalps before the end of the year

Fly,
I was at the Flat V MBurra game and saw one team more switched on and comitted
Flat were beaten in the clearences which on a wet slippery day was a huge difference
Flat won clearences clearly for 15 minutes in the 3rd quarter and banged on 3 goals to get the lead but did not go on with it and the game went back to previous form.
Flat also missed shots they should have kicked late in 3rd and early in last
But take nothing away form the pies a well deserved win and a better functioning forward line
That game may come back to haunt the Flat but also sides to tread carefully as they run into the Magpies in coming weeks as they will get more scalps before the end of the year

They do perform much much better at home.

The rumour was going around a few weeks back that The Square had given Bristow a call...again
word is he knocked them back and happy in the West
Any other rumours ?

The rumour was going around a few weeks back that The Square had given Bristow a call...again
word is he knocked them back and happy in the West
Any other rumours ?
All quiet on my front Crow.... really looking forward to this finals series, should be the most exciting in years

Just saw this twitter post by WIN Bendigo: Kangaroo Flat footballers are facing a race against time to replace stolen equipment before Saturday's game. #WINNews

can anyone enlighten me?

Just saw this twitter post by WIN Bendigo: Kangaroo Flat footballers are facing a race against time to replace stolen equipment before Saturday's game. #WINNews

can anyone enlighten me?
Flat had an after game function at Flat Hotel sat night
heard some football gear was stolen from someones car/cars
Don't know if thats it though or any detail
Jumpers would be pointless as they are one of's for #Kflat150 so very noticable if worn around town

Just reading the announcement that the Gold will call it a day at the end of the year. Dissapointing for those who put a fair bit into getting it up and about over the past two years. Not sure what it means for Bendigo Footy maybe some will drift back into the BFL and there could be a few more sponsorship dollars for Clubs to get hold of but probably not heaps I wouldnt think.

Just reading the announcement that the Gold will call it a day at the end of the year. Dissapointing for those who put a fair bit into getting it up and about over the past two years. Not sure what it means for Bendigo Footy maybe some will drift back into the BFL and there could be a few more sponsorship dollars for Clubs to get hold of but probably not heaps I wouldnt think.

I think the experiment lasted long enough and if you cant win games of footy within one and a half seasons it probably shows you that you are wasting your time.
With the players at the Gold now I would think a majority wont play BFL next year as every club in northern Victoria will think they are a chance to snare a couple. The ones travelling from Melbourne may be targets for other VFL clubs as well.

Clearances are still open and no team next year would be enough to break contracts
What's the chance of some going before end of the month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very likely I think
Can tell you all now with good authority that all Gold players have remained committed to play out the season with the Gold. AFL Vic will be enforcing player contracts as they stand if any player wished to break contract.

Can tell you all now with good authority that all Gold players have remained committed to play out the season with the Gold. AFL Vic will be enforcing player contracts as they stand if any player wished to break contract.
That's good to hear then Stormboy

I think the experiment lasted long enough and if you cant win games of footy within one and a half seasons it probably shows you that you are wasting your time.
With the players at the Gold now I would think a majority wont play BFL next year as every club in northern Victoria will think they are a chance to snare a couple. The ones travelling from Melbourne may be targets for other VFL clubs as well.

Am I the only one that could not give a stuff about the Gold,thank god I will not have to put up with the over the top reports in the Addy, it has been a flawed concept from the start and was never going to work. Good riddance.

Am I the only one that could not give a stuff about the Gold,thank god I will not have to put up with the over the top reports in the Addy, it has been a flawed concept from the start and was never going to work. Good riddance.
I rather follow the BFNL then Gold

Not a Gold Fan but also hate to see the demise of a club.
Hindsight says..never got BFNL clubs on board which they needed

How and why would the clubs want to get involved?
That's up to the clubs but at no time have I seen the Gold involved or making contact with The Flat so can only presume other clubs the same.
They need to be selling to local clubs the pathways to VFL and using their contacts to assist in helping the local leagues with fitness and development. That's where they needed to be growing their footballers. As much as clubs may loose a footballer to the Gold they must also be looking to have a connected pathway to a higher league.

That's up to the clubs but at no time have I seen the Gold involved or making contact with The Flat so can only presume other clubs the same.

Well they had contact with the Flats assistant coach who had apparently to me had signed on for this year with the Roo's only to nick off to the Gold, what was the point of them taking a player from the bottom side of the League (2013) ???

Last edited:
Lux,
I too was disappointed with the Mitch Hough backflip
In my world a handshake is a done deal but in the real world you need the signature and not sure what the Gold would get from a player of his age. Mitch said it was the coaching experience as he was in control of the midfield and was told he would play all games if fit.
My comments before were about at any point did the Gold come out to Clubs to assist and help build a pathway ??? Not to my knowledge

Bgo Crow what happened with Flat on the weekend??? Cannot believe they were nearly knocked over by Castlemaine......

Mate I know how Nth Melb supporters feel
we are very good at running with better sides and struggling against lower sides..been the case for a long time
The maine played well but reckon as the season has gone on and boys getting a bit tired and heavier grounds we struggle the exact opposite of the start of the year.
We seem to be getting beaten in contested pack situations which in heavy conditions there are so many more of and we are still a light weight team a lack a few bigger bodies to bust the packs up.
The longer these games go one and we leave teams in the game they grow in confidenece and then harder to put away
Same happened last week against Marys Burra as at 3/4 time we should have been 25pts up but due to bad kicking left them in the game and paid the price
We now have to beat either EHawk,Square and then beat Kyneton to be looking at 5th spot other wise will be relying on teams loosing and wont have any control over our destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back