Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the real deal mean? If you mean a flag contender your wrong if you mean a side that is competitive regularly then your closer. They will win 6 to 7 games I reckon. And South??? Don't under rate them?? They are 0-4 and are shot they played well against Square granted but every other week they have been ordinary out of finals contention for mine.

It was a terrible game today at QEO Sandhurst were terrible with their ball use particularly kicking on goal and just look a lethargic unit altogether. Maryborough had a crack but didnt have the weapons to make us pay and win the game.

Where are Castlemaine at kicking 2 goals in front of a big home crowd? including 1 from a 50 metre penalty for an incorrect return of the Footy. They were terrible there are 7 or 8 blokes in their side that look like they have been dragged off the street. Would anyone hazard a guess what Castlemaine's financial situation is? Because they just need some better cattle simple as that.

Strath stilll flag favourite for mine after all that.
Maybe South aren't as good as I thought, but you can't lose to Square by a kick and be a useless side, obviously flat nearly knocked them off but they had Fev. And going onto Kyneton, they are only going to get better as weeks go by, if they sneak into finals they will not be an easy beat.

Castlemaine is a whole different conversation and I think other than the 2 magpies this is a very close and interesting league.

For mine Gisbourne have to be flag favourites.... Mind you I am actually a neutral supporter who is new to Bendigo still looking for a club to support.

Watched a few games at kyneton lately, is it just me or there supporter base huge atm coz there up and about?

Watched a few games at kyneton lately, is it just me or there supporter base huge atm coz there up and about?
I think it comes with hype and coverage
Would be nice to see crowds still there if things go pear shaped
Look at Richmond membership when they are up but soon drop off if not going well

I was there Good Friday. huge crowd and grandstand pretty wel packed
Must have been the same on Anzac w/end Think they'll keep the home crowds pretty big right thru 2014
Not sure how big the away crowd will be just have2 wait & c
Xpect the Tiger following 2 b pretty faithful

Was at the Sandhurst v Maryborough game on Sunday, just felt like 2 and a half quarters of scrappy football and inaccurate kicking until the Sandhurst boys kicked into gear through the brilliance up forward of the big bloke Martin. Albeit through some inaccurate goal accuracy early in 4th still. The Sandhurst coaching staff didn't seem impressed at all post game either.

Round 5-

Eaglehawk vs Castlemaine- Eaglehawk should win by around the 10 goal mark. Fitzy would be counting his lucky stars he didnt actually get re-appointed at the Pies and the return of Robbo needed quality players with it and by the looks the pulling power was dry. 2 goals in front of a big home crowd was simply terrible.

Gisborne will be favoured to send South to a 0-5 start. If my quick calculations are right Brennan has Coached about 3 wins in last 25 games as Coach of a Club and since 2006 Square have played in every Grand Final except in 2007 when they finished 5th under him. Observations of his Coaching guys?

Golden Square vs Kyneton should be a great game and one im sure Adamson would dearly love to win. Jones is likely to be back for Square and I think him coming back into the team to help them with a good target up forward should help them sneak over the line.

Sandhurst and Flat should be a good game. We will need to be alot better than Sunday to win that's for sure. A scoreline of 11.24 indicated how ugly our whole game was. Hopefully we see more of the performance we delivered against Strath. Dragons by 6 points.

Strath will have far too much talent for Maryborough. They have a go Maryborough but they dont have much to work with. The losses of Rinaldi Johnson and Woodward within the comp really hurts them.

Tips guys?

Sandhurst and Flat should be a good game. We will need to be alot better than Sunday to win that's for sure. A scoreline of 11.24 indicated how ugly our whole game was. Hopefully we see more of the performance we delivered against Strath. Dragons by 6 points.

Seen Sandhurst on Sunday and Flat in Round 1 and from just what I saw it should be a close game, then again Sandhurst have a lot of upside from the performance they put out on Sunday. Will be at the game so looking forward to some sort of cracker contest. But I'll have to say Sandhurst by a few goals.

Seen Sandhurst on Sunday and Flat in Round 1 and from just what I saw it should be a close game, then again Sandhurst have a lot of upside from the performance they put out on Sunday. Will be at the game so looking forward to some sort of cracker contest. But I'll have to say Sandhurst by a few goals.
I was also at Flats round 1 game and have also come forward since then
Flat have the fire power to score if can match sandhursts spread and run
Flat generally like the open space of the QEO#runforestrun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also at Flats round 1 game and have also come forward since then
Flat have the fire power to score if can match sandhursts spread and run
Flat generally like the open space of the QEO#runforestrun
How could I have been so wrong

Kyneton = real deal
Was at Wade St myself, and I also think that Kyneton are the real deal. Massive win for the club and vindicates the decision by the committee to maybe take the year off in the ones and start from scratch. Immense pressure applied to the Square for the whole 4 quarters. Lock Weightmann in for a smokey for the Michelsen if Martin does'n't go back to back - he's an absolute jet of a player ! Weightman kicked a brilliant goal tucked deep in the Peter Moroni pocket to give the Tigers a 27pt lead at 3/4 time. Question was always going to be would they hold if Square got into gear in the final quarter. Square took it up to the Tigers in the last quarter but the best thing I found about Kyneton's effort was they didn't panic and controlled the pace and tempo of the last quarter as instructed by coach Adamson when needed. End result was fitting for the play of the previous 3 quarters for the Tigers and my boys will need to be on the lookout next week, as the Tigers are now up and about.....

How sweeeeeeeet it is!!!! To make the win just that little more special was the fact we played the second half with only 1 player on the bench, after losing three before half time. That goal Benny Weightman kicked from the dead pocket in the third quarter, was just taking it too far, noone should be able to do that. I still reckon our best today was our ruck man Joel Stevenson, he had 25 + posses playing as a ruck man and was outstanding.

I will say, I'm not one to bag umpires generally, however if we had of ended up getting done today, I would of had a few unpleasant words to say, there performance in the last quarter was embarrassing. Anyways enough of them, back to the positives......

THE TIGESSSSSS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!

How sweeeeeeeet it is!!!! To make the win just that little more special was the fact we played the second half with only 1 player on the bench, after losing three before half time. That goal Benny Weightman kicked from the dead pocket in the third quarter, was just taking it too far, noone should be able to do that. I still reckon our best today was our ruck man Joel Stevenson, he had 25 + posses playing as a ruck man and was outstanding.

I will say, I'm not one to bag umpires generally, however if we had of ended up getting done today, I would of had a few unpleasant words to say, there performance in the last quarter was embarrassing. Anyways enough of them, back to the positives......

Stevenson seems to be having a great year for the Tiges after joining from Ingelwood

When was the last time Kyneton beat Square at Wade Street - anyone know?

Congrats Kyneton on a great win would have been particularly sweet for Mark Adamson.
They say a week is a long time in Footy and that was the case for us we turned things around today and dealt Flat a reality check it was pretty impressive stuff. Contributors far and wide. I think Square are 2-3 they could be 0-5 if not for winning a couple of tight ones.

Castlemaine 3 goals at Eaglehawk and another 100 point hiding and South now 0-5 and only 4 goals for the day. Alarming for those Clubs.

For those who were at Wade street, roughly what part of the 3rd did Weightman kick that goal from the pocket? I'd love to watch it when the video goes up on the internet.

Well I was lucky enough to witness Sandhurst in 5th gear it seemed yesterday, 1st quarter though very one sided appeared to produce a battle that looked promising. At the start of the 2nd though it become all one teams game, Martin once again playing a ripper of a game. Ryan Maldenis appeared to be allowed to do anything he wanted up forward and at the end of the day the class of midfields were which separated the two teams.

Well I was lucky enough to witness Sandhurst in 5th gear it seemed yesterday, 1st quarter though very one sided appeared to produce a battle that looked promising. At the start of the 2nd though it become all one teams game, Martin once again playing a ripper of a game. Ryan Maldenis appeared to be allowed to do anything he wanted up forward and at the end of the day the class of midfields were which separated the two teams.

Yes as a Flat supporter was very disappointed yesterday but taking nothing at all away from Sandhurst who played very well and if they had kicked straighter would have given us a even more severe flogging. Sandhurst players hardly ever missed a target in contrast with the Flat who hardly ever hit one and were much faster and stronger in the contests .

Great win by the Tigers davis24, they have obviously picked up some real quality over the summer and with Adamson at the helm it looks they are a serious chance to play finals this year.

I guess a real area of concern for Kyneton though is the lack of local quality coming through the ranks. Their u18's have so far conceded a staggering 119. 79- 793 against and only 5.21- 51 for in five games this season (they kicked 4 of those in one game against South).

I doubt whether the large amount of money Kyneton are spending this year is sustainable in the long term so i hope they have some serious plan of attack with their junior program otherwise they might find themselves in some all to familiar strife going forward.

For those who were at Wade street, roughly what part of the 3rd did Weightman kick that goal from the pocket? I'd love to watch it when the video goes up on the internet.
Have a look around the 20-25 min mark......

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back