Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke that the prelim in Bendigo is played in the cold and the dark! How does that foster local footy, when kids are in bed and mum and dad are watching the AFL. Who is the idiot that decided that. A grand day today in Bendigo with the sun shining and no game of our great code to be seen! Thoughts????

What a joke that the prelim in Bendigo is played in the cold and the dark! How does that foster local footy, when kids are in bed and mum and dad are watching the AFL. Who is the idiot that decided that. A grand day today in Bendigo with the sun shining and no game of our great code to be seen! Thoughts????
agreed

Driving past the Q at quarter time on the way home from a thriller in the MCDFL prelim. looked like a huge crowd there
Heaps of folks out having a kick Shane
It's a great innovation How long B4 the grannie is on a Sat nite, also
It's springtime and pretty reasonable evening temps, Shane.
2/. Yep, Silver, spot on LBU in BFL 1997-2000.
Made elimination final in 1997, first year, but in the cellar well and truly by their final year:2000.

Driving past the Q at quarter time on the way home from a thriller in the MCDFL prelim. looked like a huge crowd there
Heaps of folks out having a kick Shane
It's a great innovation How long B4 the grannie is on a Sat nite, also
It's springtime and pretty reasonable evening temps, Shane.
2/. Yep, Silver, spot on LBU in BFL 1997-2000.
Made elimination final in 1997, first year, but in the cellar well and truly by their final year:2000.
Would have been double in the daytime. Cold and poor visibility.

Been saying this for years, it's not an enclosed arena so basically after the first of May they should not be used. It's just too cold.

The night footy has no atmosphere as everyone is just trying to keep warm.

The only defence I can give to continuing it is the heathcote and Loddon Valley GF aren't going head to head, but I know a few people who refuse to go simply because of time slot.

Major recruiting coup for Kyneton - http://bit.ly/Xl1xU1

Just what they needed I could see Kyneton playing finals next year if there finances are going along alright and can afford a couple more top liners. He was said to have missed out on a heap of mates this year so if he can jag a couple of them they will be on the improvement trail.

Has anyone heard anything on the South Coaching job? There will be some big work to be done there I've heard Aaron Connaughton is on the move for starters.

Just what they needed I could see Kyneton playing finals next year if there finances are going along alright and can afford a couple more top liners. He was said to have missed out on a heap of mates this year so if he can jag a couple of them they will be on the improvement trail.

Has anyone heard anything on the South Coaching job? There will be some big work to be done there I've heard Aaron Connaughton is on the move for starters.

Is he heading gvfl way with his mates maddern and childs??

Tim Martin by the length of the straight in the Michelsen.

What are his chances of lining up on Saturday as he was on crutches yesterday after dislocating his ankle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice get by Kyneton to stitch up Alik Magin for next season. What other Gold boys can we expect to see in the BFL next season. Will Tigger Downie and Stroobs filter back to Flat and South respectively or pursue options elsewhere. Both would be high on many clubs lists who are looking for coaches in the area I would think

Nice get by Kyneton to stitch up Alik Magin for next season. What other Gold boys can we expect to see in the BFL next season. Will Tigger Downie and Stroobs filter back to Flat and South respectively or pursue options elsewhere. Both would be high on many clubs lists who are looking for coaches in the area I would think

Both I thought had expressed interest in playing VFL again so it probably depends on what interest there is for them from the VFL Clubs and if its possible to do it from Bendigo. You'd think a stand along club like Coburg would be all over those type of blokes.

Your right though Roota Im sure there is plenty of clubs seeking them out for Coaching roles.

Yes particularly after the Golds coach's statement that his players would not being coming back to the BFL after the Gold folded !

Major recruiting coup for Kyneton - http://bit.ly/Xl1xU1
Looks like we are in for another off season of Kyneton and their "star recruits" plastered all over the local papers again.... Lets hope that with the ridiculous amount of money they are reported to be spending that they can put together some better performances than the rubbish that they generally delivered this year.

I know its a real guessing game but my tip is that behind Strath, Kyneton would quite possibly have had the second highest player payments for the season which is quite extraordinary really.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we are in for another off season of Kyneton and their "star recruits" plastered all over the local papers again.... Lets hope that with the ridiculous amount of money they are reported to be spending that they can put together some better performances than the rubbish that they generally delivered this year.

I know its a real guessing game but my tip is that behind Strath, Kyneton would quite possibly have had the second highest player payments for the season which is quite extraordinary really.
[/QUOTE]

Bit unfair I think they didnt have a team the year before so they had buy plenty in and try and build some excitement around the place. Im sure they would have loved to have won some more games but you will find more out about the productivity of their rebuild next year.

I know its a real guessing game but my tip is that behind Strath, Kyneton would quite possibly have had the second highest player payments for the season which is quite extraordinary really.
[/QUOTE]

Show me the amateur club in the BFL? Everyone pays and it will always be the have and have nots. If you want to spend big money and build a war chest you may only get a couple of years before you top out and go back down the ladder. In Kyneton's case they had to do something and rebuilding a club to be flogged by 20 goals every week probably wasn't the answer. Im hoping they start to develop their juniors again, get some locals back and then the need to recruit so heavily will be reduced as will the payments.

While Im looking forward to Saty's Senior GF the 2nds game between Square and Sandhurst will also be well worth a look. 2nd Semi was a great tussle and the standard of play was pretty good.

While Im looking forward to Saty's Senior GF the 2nds game between Square and Sandhurst will also be well worth a look. 2nd Semi was a great tussle and the standard of play was pretty good.
Looking forward to the Seniors on Saturday Dragon Fly. No doubt if the weather is kind (in which I believe it will be), it should be a great tussle between the two best teams in the comp this season. Any late news re: Martin, ? Surely he won't come up. Even Hudini couldn't perform miracles like that !!

Assuming Martin and Stagg are no starters, I'm tipping my boys to bring home the silverware for the 1st time in the club's brief history by about 33 points.

Senior GF teams- Strathfieldsaye v Sandhurst as reported on Addy website. Looks like Sandhurst are giving Martin EPC (every possible chance) and haven't discounted him yet...

bold I/C players are my predictions on who will get the nod for both sides...

BENDIGO FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Seniors - Sandhurst v Strathfieldsaye - 2.20pm Saturday at Queen Elizabeth Oval.
Strathfieldsaye

B: Lachlan Bonney Ash Trollop Matt Johnston
Hb: Tom Dowd Leigh Prior Matt Smith
C: Jake Hall Shaun Everington Matthew Ladson
Hf: Stephen Milne Kris Lea Shannon Geary
F: Vinnie Flood Sam Mildren L.achlan Sharp
Foll: Michael Pilcher Steven Baker Kellan Smith
Interchange: (from) Sean Johns, Jake Dickens, Jayden Donaldson, Daniel Geary,Tom Bartholomew, Nathan Moffat
In: Jayden Donaldson, Tom Bartholomew

Sandhurst
B: Andrew O’Connor Pat Jennings Harry O’Meara
Hb: Tom Hartney Lachlan Ross Codie Price
C: Alex Wharton Blair Holmes Jake McLean
Hf: Mitch Dole Ben Anderson Lee Coghlan
F: Brodie Montague Ryan Haythorpe Tom Cole
Foll: Matt Thornton Billy Evans Ryan Maldenis
Interchange: (from) Albert Weddell, Joel Wharton, James Coghlan, Lachlan Tardrew, Liam Ireland, Tim Martin, Nick Stagg.
In: James Coghlan, Liam Ireland, Lachlan Tardrew, Joel Wharton, Blair Holmes

I suppose we won't know until they hit the ground dissapointing for Timmy and Nick if they dont play as they are heart and soul type players of our Club. Strath are going to be leaving a couple of very accomplished players out by the looks of that.
I think a couple of key factors in the game will be A) Find a couple of on song targets to goal Mitchy Dole and Thorpey top candidates & B) Shutting Milne out at the other end of the game he is best player on the ground and provides lots of energy with his goal celebrations etc so we will need to shut him right.
Dragons just need to roll up and give it a good old fashioned crack!

Tips anyone?
I reckon it will be a big Grand Final crowd closest games would be the North Central which doesnt have great interest with W'Burn going for 4 in a row and the Murray League so shouldnt take too many to those games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back