Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

John Pertwee or Jon Pertwee?

The late English actor was named John upon his birth in 1919, but apparently always acted under the name Jon. Or so I just learned, I swear I always remember him being credited as John Pertwee, never Jon. And I loved his tenure as the Third Doctor, so its not like I haven't watched his work before.

In any case, Jon is usually an abbreviation of Jonathon, while John is a stand-alone name. Actors obviously sometimes have stage names, but what would be the point of using Jon when one's legal name is John?

Does anyone else always remember him being John Pertwee rather than Jon Pertwee?

Would a random practice game played on neutral territory from the mid 90s even have much of anything reported on it? Without the coverage that the 21st century has bought I'd imagine many a practice game has been lost throughout history.
Apparently Fremantle played Port prior to AFL in a practise match so Port wore the bars, but there's very little record of it.

Clive Waterhouse played for Port before getting drafted to Freo that season.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the residents of Hill Valley California encountered this in the later months of 1985 as follows:

BIFF TANNEN & DAUGHTER TIFFANY 'TIFF' TANNEN (Future mother of Griff Tannen)
Tiff: Hey Dad, I've got some really great news, I got a new part time waitressing job.
Biff: Congratulations Tiff, I'm really proud of you. So where is your new job?
Tiff: At the new Sizzler that just opened at the Lone Pine Mall.
Biff: Lone Pine Mall? Don't you mean the Twin Pines Mall?
Tiff: No Dad, it's the Lone Pine Mall.
Biff: I could have sworn it was the Twin Pines Mall, I must be mistaken. So when is your first shift?
Tiff: On Thursday evening after school.

PRINCIPAL STRICKLAND & PERSONAL ASSISTANT JOAN
Strickland: Joan, I can't work out what's gone wrong here.
Joan: What's the problem, Mr. Strickland?
Strickland: I know I gave that slacker Marty McFly five tardy slips last week alone, but when I went to write this report, it says he only got one - on Thursday.
Joan: And that would be unusual for Marty McFly, he's normally very punctual.
Strickland: Punctual? He's a slacker, just like his older brother Dave.
Joan: Are you feeling okay this morning Sir? Dave McFly when he went here had a 95 percent grade average, was on the student council and captain of the football team.
Strickland: Something is wrong here. I know a slacker when I see a slacker.
Joan: Talking of slackers Mr. Strickland, that kid everyone calls Needles - his father called to say he had been in a car accident on Sunday and would be in hospital all week.
Strickland: Needles? I've never heard of this kid Needles before. What is going on this morning?

DAVE & LINDA MCFLY
Dave: Linda, I was hoping to get your advice on something.
Linda: Sure Dave, what do you need my advice on?
Dave: I drew Jennifer in the Secret Santa, and I'm not sure what to buy her for Christmas.
Linda: How about a scarf? You know to keep her warm in the winter.
Dave: Thanks Linda, that sounds like a really great idea.
Linda: Get her a green or a blue scarf, it will go well with her red hair.
Dave: Red hair? Jennifer has brown hair.
Linda: No, reddish-brown, but definitely more red than brown.
Dave: Are you sure on that? Jennifer Parker has dark brown hair.
Linda: I think I know what color hair our brother's girlfriend has Dave.
Dave: She didn't die her hair recently?
Linda: No, Jennifer's always had the same reddish-brown hair.

John Pertwee or Jon Pertwee?

The late English actor was named John upon his birth in 1919, but apparently always acted under the name Jon. Or so I just learned, I swear I always remember him being credited as John Pertwee, never Jon. And I loved his tenure as the Third Doctor, so its not like I haven't watched his work before.

In any case, Jon is usually an abbreviation of Jonathon, while John is a stand-alone name. Actors obviously sometimes have stage names, but what would be the point of using Jon when one's legal name is John?

Does anyone else always remember him being John Pertwee rather than Jon Pertwee?

He was Jon Pertwee in Worzel Gummidge

. IMG_0024.jpeg

The girl (hi, love you) just left and I chucked on a Simpsons episode from apparently season two.

I was a hardcore, hardcore Simpsons fan as a kid. watched it all on Channel 10/WIN and I've just watched an episode about Homer getting hair. this was season two. I do not remember this at all. it had no real jokes, it just revolved around Homer getting hair.

The girl (hi, love you) just left and I chucked on a Simpsons episode from apparently season two.

I was a hardcore, hardcore Simpsons fan as a kid. watched it all on Channel 10/WIN and I've just watched an episode about Homer getting hair. this was season two. I do not remember this at all. it had no real jokes, it just revolved around Homer getting hair.
Is this the ep where he gets promoted at the power plant and has a (gay?) assistant with blonde hair called Carl?

My Simpsons mandela effect involves the saxophone that Lisa plays in the opening theme. It's blue but I coulda sworn it was brass coloured. I know it's brass coloured in the newer eps but I only ever watched the classic eps.

S2 has some cracking eps. I remember that ep quite well.

Is this the ep where he gets promoted at the power plant and has a (gay?) assistant with blonde hair called Carl?

My Simpsons mandela effect involves the saxophone that Lisa plays in the opening theme. It's blue but I coulda sworn it was brass coloured. I know it's brass coloured in the newer eps but I only ever watched the classic eps.
You mean it isn't brass? It certainly was never Blue.

You mean it isn't brass? It certainly was never Blue.
Nope always been blue and purple apparently :think:

6pudwwlyd8571.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back