Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah I'm just curious as to the link Vince has ever had with the city of Melbourne? Considering he's very much a croweater having played his footy before being drafted at Woodville West Torrens...
I dont know i probably listen to too much rubbish that comes out James Brayshaw and Garry Lyons mouth on the footy show

on the footy show barret just said where making a move for a big name player lol YAY NO MORE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS HAPPY DAYS

Is this a problem having no 1st rounders for a few years? After all, in 3 -4 years when these first rounders are guns, GC and GWS will be the only two competitors...

The question then becomes;

Would Bernie Vince be an automatic top 15 player at the club?

I say 15, because even the best teams (Geelong and the Pies) have 6-7 players who are not stars, but are their to play a role (Leigh Brown, Toovey, Blair for example).

And I'd have to question whether a 26 year old, who averages about the same in terms of possessions as Sharrod Wellingham is worth a first round draft pick and maybe even a player thrown in.

If we get him, great, if not I won't be shattered.

And all this could be wrong, I'd say this is a rumour started by a journo somewhere anyway, and we could be after someone completely different (from that other South Australian club;)).

first round picks arent that good last couple of years anyway with the comprimised drafts.

we wont give up our first round pick next year once the draft goes back to normal.

Also suppose to be a Very Weak Draft this year

Parko just said on AFL Teams that he has the mail the Pies have been going at Bernie Vince at "100 mp/h"

If this is so, what would you be prepared to give up for the likes of Vince?

was this on SEN you heard this would love to hear the audio?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first round picks arent that good last couple of years anyway with the comprimised drafts.

we wont give up our first round pick next year once the draft goes back to normal.

Agreed... May even try and trade a player for second first round pick, or first round upgrade. We'll have two worthwhile picks next year.

Besides, our list is young enough at the moment to forfeit another year at the draft.

My question is- "are the Pies after Vince or McIntosh?"

Maybe it's because we already know one of our star midfielders is leaving?

Doubt it but It did cross my mind like someone like Wellingham might Leave the Club to become a More Recognized Mid

Doubt it but It did cross my mind like someone like Wellingham might Leave the Club to become a More Recognized Mid

Would take Wellers over Vince. He has something the rest of our mids don't have- inside clearance player with acceleration. Not to mention he just turned 23 a few weeks ago.

Would take Wellers over Vince. He has something the rest of our mids don't have- inside clearance player with acceleration. Not to mention he just turned 23 a few weeks ago.

I would too but I was responding to the Post that we could be losing a Gun Mid if we are Chasing Vince

Remove this Banner Ad

Back