Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked bad in slow mo but in real time looked like a natural action.
Would be stiff to get a week.
Gary Lyon pushing hard to scrutinise the incident that’s for sure.
Bit weird the narrative all the commentators are going with. BT saying he's definitely going for the eye... Yeah if you slow it down frame by frame and ignore the fact he's not even looking at the bloke.

Precedent was set with Greene on Bont in the 2019 elimination final, wasn’t suspended and in that situation Greene was actually on top of Bont (not the opposite). He may be fined but that’d be it you’d think.

In that situation Bont had a very visual bruise around the eye that was attacked.

Precedent was set with Greene on Bont in the 2019 elimination final, wasn’t suspended and in that situation Greene was actually on top of Bont (not the opposite). He may be fined but that’d be it you’d think.

In that situation Bont had a very visual bruise around the eye that was attacked.

Is the precedent eye gouging Bont for zero weeks or eye gouging Neale for one week in the following game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1504312

Arm on the throat choking him out, let's ignore that

Hand trying to push the guy off....EYE GOUGE!!!

Vic media doing some of its best work here

When Brian Lake had his hands on Goldstein's throat Goldstein gouged him twice and Lake got 3 or 4 weeks.

Oliver was pinning him down with a forearm on his throat.

The AFL have had a truly shocking year with MRO and Tribunal decisions.

They should go a fine for Oliver for wrestling and a fine for Berry for careless face contact and walk away.

Jon Ralph the absolute tosser was going on about this harder than anyone, reckons it'll be a week suspension at least. What the fk is he supposed to do? Let Oliver pin him down and just take it?
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, Clayton. Should be dismissed within 5 minutes.

Pathetic by BT as well, talking to Greg Swann in the rooms and asked him had he seen the vision, Swann said no, BT replies “I think he is in trouble Greg”.

Put your arm and body weight on a blokes throat and a touch on the eye is probably the least you can expect.

This is exactly my thoughts. When you've got a bloke the size and weight of oliver with his arm at your throat you're pretty much in fight or flight mode trying to get him off.

Pathetic by BT as well, talking to Greg Swann in the rooms and asked him had he seen the vision, Swann said no, BT replies “I think he is in trouble Greg”.

BT pretty much chooses his team before each game and rather than commentating the game barracks for them - That is his style of commentary. He is a disgrace.

Berry on the ground in a vulnerable position with Oliver with his forearm in his throat and pushing his head down. Berry trying to get Oliver off him and (1) has limited use of his arms (2) has limited vision of Oliver. I don't see how you get done for this when you're the vulnerable person and you're just trying to get him off.

I also don't see why what Berry did is worse than a player having their weight and forearm in your throat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back