Rankine on Starc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Brisbane supporter and I think that 4 weeks is pretty harsh. Contact looked accidental.
I understand what you are saying
But head clash doesn’t mitigate it
He chose to bump & got him high
It’s that simple
SPP got 4 & the tribunal agreed that he didn’t intend to bump, that player was slung into his path, but said he had a duty of care & ran at the contest recklessly & should have foreseen that high contact was likely.
Rankine lines a bloke up a long way behind play & drops him. A lot worse. Cowardly hit.

I understand what you are saying
But head clash doesn’t mitigate it
He chose to bump & got him high
It’s that simple
SPP got 4 & the tribunal agreed that he didn’t intend to bump, that player was slung into his path, but said he had a duty of care & ran at the contest recklessly & should have foreseen that high contact was likely.
Rankine lines a bloke up a long way behind play & drops him. A lot worse. Cowardly hit.
It was 5 metres away from a ball up, get your hand off it

Potential for charlie cameron good bloke defense? Hope he has receipts for the charitable works he's done recently

If Rankine is a sniper then he isn't a very good one.

The contact that gets him suspended here is the top of his head, not the hip and shoulder he was attempting to deliver.

Basically, he will be done because he is shorter than Starcevich.

But okay, he elects to do it and has to cop the price no matter the accidental nature of it.

I don't like it, not just because he is from my own club, because we are now punishing players for accidents and we can see that exact action next week and there would be no suspension if there is no head contact.

But, I guess if we saw someone doing something stupid down the street and someone got hurt we would expect them to go away for it. So okay, Bye Izak.

But let's drop the sniper rubbish.

Last edited:
Massive overreaction tbh.

Should just be a week. The bump is intentional but it was an unintentional head clash that delivered the damage. This is no comparison to any of the precedent that people are throwing out. Kinda shocked at the consensus in this thread to be honest. Feels very much 'eye for an eye'

Massive overreaction tbh.

Should just be a week. The bump is intentional but it was an unintentional head clash that delivered the damage. This is no comparison to any of the precedent that people are throwing out. Kinda shocked at the consensus in this thread to be honest. Feels very much 'eye for an eye'
It doesn’t matter
You choose to bump & get your opponent high & you are in trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echo chamber in Port Adelaide. I see.

Once you go for the 'coward' cheap shot for a player who has shown to be anything but, you reveal yourself as someone who isn't ready for a genuine discussion.
If not a cowardly act then how would you surmise it?
Hitting an unsuspecting bloke behind play?
The actions of a brave hero?
If SPPs was worth 4 Rankine should get 5-6 for consistency.
And at the end of the day that is all supporters want. CONSISTENCY

'choose to bump and if you get it wrong yada yada' is utter crap.
What is the point of doing this away from the ball?

It's like saying you choose to speed in your car but no one got hurt so it must be okay! As long as you didn't get it wrong.
Shepherds are the only reason to bump I can think of. This action just does nothing.

I acknowledge the 4 weeks but out of interest would there be any sanction if there was no incidental head contact?

No, because Starce wouldn't have been concussed? Wot

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine on Starc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back