Opinion Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a whisper (my mate knows a family in NZ who are ex pats that clean hotels) that Leppa and Moloney had a scuffle in their hotels in Wellington. Surely poor form by both?

Real bad form. Why do we have more than one hotel? Surely. Given our financial position we could save money by having one booking for the whole team.

With a senior player out of form and a new coach implementing a new direction, I could imagine some very very heated words between the two, I'd expect nothing less as both parties have a lot on the line. One a players career and the other a coaches credibility or perceived ability to coach this team.
I reckon this stuff happens all the time and I know the team meetings get very passionate so for me this is no big deal at all. Glad it was behind closed doors!

We don't really need him to do any heavy lifting. This year is all about the gameplan and fast tracking the youngsters. I can't really see next year being any different. It's not like we'll be pushing for the top 8 or anything.

Agree...if we dont get a solid 15+ games into youngsters this year we will start next season with 10+ players with near zero games if we just play the "experience" tag. The fact is our "experienced" players are average at best and certainly arent the type you can count on leading the way bar a few that are already playing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to see what everyone's best 22 would be now assuming we had no injuries.

Mine would probably be:

Adcock Maguire Patfull
Cutler Clarke Beams

Hanley Rockliff Rich

Mayes Brown Paparone
Zorko West Staker

Foll: Leuenberger Redden Green
Int: McGrath, Aish, Lester.
Sub: Taylor

Few notes:

Hanley and Mayes/Cutler to switch
Beams and Rich to switch
Zorko and Green to switch

I don't have Merrett currently in there after this years performances as a defender and I can't fit him up forward.

Want Mayes to go back to that forward/wing role rather than on the back flank.

McGrath to be used forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back