Unofficial Preview Best 23 2025 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely the biggest spot under threat but after his great finals series and ability to age like fine wine I expect him to hold his spot valiantly until Doedee proves that he would be the better option.

Could always follow 3KZ's dream of putting Lester up forward... lol.

Now for the lineup:

B: Andrews, Payne, Lester
HB: Zorko, Answorth, Starce
C: Berry, Bags, Dunkley
F: Omac, Neale, W. Ashcroft
HF: Kai, Hippy, Ah Chee
FF: Morris, Bailey or third tall, Charlie
INT: Rayner, L Ashcroft, Smith, Fletcher, Wilmott

Kiddy, Doodee, McCarthy and Gardiner will not come back right away. Fully expect the medical team to take their time with these players before bringing them in. Don't expect to see any of these guys until the midpoint of the season depending on how we go (similar to this year). Although Kiddy is good, Zorko is better at this stage (much more aggressive with the ball).

This lineup is with a 5-man bench. If a 5-man bench is not implemented, and a third tall forward is not recruited/drafted, then Smith gets the axe, and Bailey stays in the side. If we only recruit a third tall, then expect Bailey to make way anyway and be made the sub. Selection committee will have to make the call between Kai, McCarthy and Bailey at some point in the season. Wouldn't want to make that call.

Ah Chee would normally be a player I would consider making the sub, but this past finals series he cemented his spot in the forward line. Can always switch him to the backline/wing in the case of an injury.

I don't expect Marshall to start in the side. The only way I see him coming into the side round 1, is if he can play better than Fletcher. Fletcher didn't set the world on fire throughout last year, however; this can easily be blamed on our team not really using the wings. He still performs decently aside from this.

The third tall I'm hoping is a Gallop or a Lloyd, rather than someone recruited. The recruitable players remaining are not really key forwards. Day could be alright, but given his injury history, he may not get on the park. Chuck in a kid and see what happens. At the end of the day, I think a Smith, or a Fort will end up being the third tall regardless, but this is my preferred side, and I can do what I want.

If there ends up being a mid-season lineup thread, this side could look very different. Doodee or Gardiner potentially replaces Lester, as mentioned Kai, Bailey and McCarthy battle out for the third small, Zorko vs. Kiddy, Fletcher vs Marshall. Will be interesting to see.

If this is the likely setup next year, we should look at a rotation policy.
Answerth, Fletcher, and Smith to a lesser degree, should not be missing out on best 23 ( no sub and 5 on bench in 2025)
Gardiner and McKenna won't get a look in.
I think people dont realise that Fletcher is a pretty locked in player now. According to the wing thread he is the one player who played the full year in the role (everyone else got their roles chopped and changed a few times). No way he misses the team to start or play the majority of the year without a major issue

ROUND 1
B: Answerth Payne Lester
HB: Wilmot Dad Starce
C:Berry Washcroft Fletch
HF: McLug Hippy Ah Chee
F: McMorris Smith Lohman
R: O. Dunks Neale
Int Zorks Lashcroft Bailey Charlie Linc.

Emg: Day Doedee Gardiner
Smith to get first go but Day to swap with him now n then. I think Coleman will need time in the 2s.

ROUND 1
B: Answerth Payne Lester
HB: Wilmot Dad Starce
C:Berry Washcroft Fletch
HF: McLug Hippy Ah Chee
F: McMorris Smith Lohman
R: O. Dunks Neale
Int Zorks Lashcroft Bailey Charlie Linc.

Emg: Day Doedee Gardiner
Smith to get first go but Day to swap with him now n then. I think Coleman will need time in the 2s.

McCarthy and Dizzy will miss at least 6 weeks of the season

I think people dont realise that Fletcher is a pretty locked in player now. According to the wing thread he is the one player who played the full year in the role (everyone else got their roles chopped and changed a few times). No way he misses the team to start or play the majority of the year without a major issue
Importantly even though he had a lull in the middle of the year and his spot was questioned he finished off the year quite strongly.

Great effort to play the whole year in his second year in a position that can be quite challenging on the wing. I've gotta think he's a potential star.

Importantly even though he had a lull in the middle of the year and his spot was questioned he finished off the year quite strongly.

Great effort to play the whole year in his second year in a position that can be quite challenging on the wing. I've gotta think he's a potential star.
I agree, he got through the second year blues with a Premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Best 23 2025 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back