Opinion Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude guys, just interested in knowing how Paine is tracking? haven't seen him in many of your best 22's, is he injured?

Sorry to intrude guys, just interested in knowing how Paine is tracking? haven't seen him in many of your best 22's, is he injured?

Haven't had a chance to see him in action yet due to a limited pre-season. His legs are some of the thickest I have seen on a modern player, almost a league second rower like build... I expect we will see him rag dolling defenders in the NEAFL for a month or so before he gets a go in the seniors.

Haven't had a chance to see him in action yet due to a limited pre-season. His legs are some of the thickest I have seen on a modern player, almost a league second rower like build... I expect we will see him rag dolling defenders in the NEAFL for a month or so before he gets a go in the seniors.
He's certainly a big unit, and can crash packs like few others in the AFL!

FB: Patfull, Merrett, Adcock
HB: Rich, Clarke, Hanley
C: Aish, Rockliff, Mayes
HF: Paperone, McGuane, Zorko
FF: Green, Brown, McGrath
FOLL: Leuenberger, Redden, Maloney
INT: West, Lester, Harwood
SUB: Taylor / Close / Golby depending on game

When Staker returns, Paperone might be gone.
Close currently in for McGuae
I suggest Golby or Bewick currently in for McGrath.
Maguire to cover if Brown, Merrett, Clarke or Patfull cant play.

With Zorko now looking a dependable midfielder and Green and Lester seeming to be improving in leaps and bounds and Aish and Taylor really just needing some experience to cement spots in the 22 we suddenly seem to have quite a lot of talent in and around the midfield. Beams is an obvious one who needs to grab a place in our best 22 by the end of the season. Fingers crossed for him. I still think there is a place for Harwood somewhere. Paine is the other one I would like to also get a good look at. I want to be sold on West. I'm not yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Zorko now looking a dependable midfielder and Green and Lester seeming to be improving in leaps and bounds and Aish and Taylor really just needing some experience to cement spots in the 22 we suddenly seem to have quite a lot of talent in and around the midfield. Beams is an obvious one who needs to grab a place in our best 22 by the end of the season. Fingers crossed for him. I still think there is a place for Harwood somewhere. Paine is the other one I would like to also get a good look at. I want to be sold on West. I'm not yet.

Beams is going to have trouble breaking into our best 22 now. This is only a good thing for our depth. Seriously excited by the talent in our midfield, pretty unfair how most teams have 1 or 2 genuinly good forwards and we have none bar Brown who is probably gone by the end of the season.

Where do you think Beams now fits in the scheme of things? The team we have now is pretty solid, this weeks game against Suns is imo our best 22 minus McGuane. I think he will get another year next year but I don't know who he will push out untill some retirements happen. Then again the next best 22 mid to retire will be MOloney. He would be a few years off I hope

Where do you think Beams now fits in the scheme of things? The team we have now is pretty solid, this weeks game against Suns is imo our best 22 minus McGuane. I think he will get another year next year but I don't know who he will push out untill some retirements happen. Then again the next best 22 mid to retire will be MOloney. He would be a few years off I hope
Thats interesting, do you think that Staker is not in our best 22 anymore?

Thats interesting, do you think that Staker is not in our best 22 anymore?
Yeap pretty much, McGuane and him are going for the same spot. Attacking wise they are pretty equal except McGuane is more willing to throw his weight around. McGuane is also much better defensively then staker which is why I would have him in ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester's kicking is fine but sometimes he hurries his kicks perceived pressure. Hopefully he will be able to get a better feel for the space around him and where other players are as he gets more experience playing in tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking towards next season with a few assumptions. Didn't include any additions to the list.

Leppa continues culling the aged; No Staker (due to injury), Brown (retired), McGrath (retired), Moloney (delisted), Maguire (delisted), Raines (delisted), Polks (delisted) and Martin (delisted).

B: Adcock Merrett Patfull
HB: Cutler Clarke Harwood
C: Mayes Rockliff Hanley
HF: Paparone McGuane Zorko
FF: West Paine Green
Foll: Leuenberger Rich Redden
Bench: Golby, Aish, Beams, Lester
Emg: Gardiner, Taylor, Robertson

Just thinking towards next season with a few assumptions. Didn't include any additions to the list.

Leppa continues culling the aged; No Staker (due to injury), Brown (retired), McGrath (retired), Moloney (delisted), Maguire (delisted), Raines (delisted), Polks (delisted) and Martin (delisted).

Delisting Moloney already...really?o_O

B: Adcock Merrett Patfull
HB: Cutler Clarke Harwood
C: Mayes Rockliff Hanley
HF: Paparone McGuane Zorko
FF: West Paine Green
Foll: Leuenberger Rich Redden
Bench: Golby, Aish, Beams, Lester
Emg: Gardiner, Taylor, Robertson

Surely not? Crisp and Wearden more likely to be delisted, I'd suggest.

Making room to play the youth. He'll be what 31?

Seven new draftees last off-season, maybe about the same this off-season. Five new draftees played last night in the same 22 as Moloney.

There's plenty of room and plenty of youth. What we're lacking is veterans to do the heavy lifting.

Seven new draftees last off-season, maybe about the same this off-season. Five new draftees played last night in the same 22 as Moloney.

There's plenty of room and plenty of youth. What we're lacking is veterans to do the heavy lifting.

We don't really need him to do any heavy lifting. This year is all about the gameplan and fast tracking the youngsters. I can't really see next year being any different. It's not like we'll be pushing for the top 8 or anything.

We don't really need him to do any heavy lifting. This year is all about the gameplan and fast tracking the youngsters. I can't really see next year being any different. It's not like we'll be pushing for the top 8 or anything.

We need to win the ball from time to time to implement a gameplan.

There's already been one club that let Moloney go to play the kids. Didn't work out too well.

Frawley. I'd offer him $800K.

I wouldn't.

I don't think he is the type of player we really need or rather that much of a significant upgrade to what we already have on our list.

Patton or someone of his ilk on the other hand is a different story, although not being a free agent complicates that substantially due to diluting our own talent / high draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back