List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Garthwaite will be the bolter IMO
Agree fully c c 9, Garthy, bigger, stronger, leg speed carrying extra bulk- quicker, 12 months experience, VFL-GF very good, 2nd pre season- he now knows what to expect and what is expected in his team role as a backman!! I still believe he could go forward if the opportunity doesn't come ''up back'' IMO

His execution let’s him down, but has no trouble finding the ball. I bet I know what he’ll be working on over summer.

Georgie kicked 26 goals, 20 behinds last year, and probably tried to unsuccessfully give away another 15 when he should have just kicked them.
If he can fix his kicking and decision making he will be incredibly dangerous.

Townsend had a role on the oppo's intercept marker in the games he played.
He also averaged the 2nd most goals of any player with a minimum of 5 games.

upload_2017-10-22_23-12-53.png

Whilst he may be limited in other ways, he is performing his role as well as any one could.
I don't think he will be out of team for a while.

Townsend had a role on the oppo's intercept marker in the games he played.
He also averaged the 2nd most goals of any player with a minimum of 5 games.

View attachment 431040

Whilst he may be limited in other ways, he is performing his role as well as any one could.
I don't think he will be out of team for a while.
Hope he improves ad cements himself further

Hm, given no Broad, I'd go into Round 1 like this:

Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
Houli, Rance, McIntosh
Cotchin, Graham, Menadue
Caddy, Townsend, Butler
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Grigg, B. Ellis, Lambert, Edwards

Expecting Menadue to be the next one to really step it up and break in.

Obviously if Rioli isn't ready then in comes Bolton.

Anyone asking for George to be one of the outs is silly. We just won the flag and he kicked 26.20 and dished off many others. Has spud moments but will get better.

With only jack there, gotta bring in Griff or Moore. With at least Rioli, Bolton and Butler buzzing around do we really need a fourth small up forward? It’s either Townsend or Costagna for the other spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Rance, Short/Markov/C.Ellis/Garth
C: Lambert, Cotchin, Menadue
HF: Caddy, Moore/Griffiths, Butler
FF: Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna/Bolton

R: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia

B: Grigg, B. Ellis, Graham, Edwards

Moore/Griff come in for Townsend to provide ruck relief for Nank. We cannot afford to run him into the ground early. Will need 15-17 games this year with some sort of support. Cannot be expected to uphold the ruck mantle for the entire year. Give him 3 or 4 games off where Hammer/Soldo can take the main mantle.

Menadue I believe steps up and becomes that linebreaking winger taking over from Kamdyn who's skills let him down. May not be round 1, but by the end of the year this I think will come to fruition.

Bolton is nipping at the heals of our worst performing small. If they want to give Rioli more time off, he comes straight in for him. Otherwise either Butler or Castagna will make way for Bolton. Another preseason and more fitness, will see him in the team early with a bang. Probably fade towards the back end of the year due to fitness. Sign him up for another 2-3 years.

As Broad will be missing the first 3 rounds (that is to say he even makes it back into the team), it is up to our next brigade of back flankers to step up. Depending on the role we want for this position. E.g Run and Carry = Markov & Short. Quality rebound footskills = C.Ellis. Defensive stopper = Garth. This position i believe will be rotating, with Brandon Ellis and Menadue having stints back there also.

My bolter for 2018 is Callum Moore. Loved what i saw from him towards the back end of the year. Quality hands, quick and can leap.

Or... I could be 100% wrong, but this is always a fun task.

No Towna?

I’m not big on Short, I watched him closely in the VFL GF, felt he just blasted long way too often without really thinking.
What do you like about Short?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Short, I think he could move back to small forward if his decision making doesn’t improve down back. He’s quick, athletic and has a penetrating kick.

I can see why they want him to become a HB but he does need to improve his decision making, however, he does have the kicking skills which many players don’t. I think with experience he will improve his decision making, just look at Dusty over time.

He would be my Broad replacement for the first 3 rounds unless someone else really puts their hand up.

With only jack there, gotta bring in Griff or Moore. With at least Rioli, Bolton and Butler buzzing around do we really need a fourth small up forward? It’s either Townsend or Costagna for the other spot

Second tall? Might be the year to give Cleve Hughes a run? Or maybe Jayden Post?
Maybe we could get your 'Wayne Carey' back and unleash Ty Vickery again after his stellar 2016 in the yellow and black.

Second tall? Might be the year to give Cleve Hughes a run? Or maybe Jayden Post?
Maybe we could get your 'Wayne Carey' back and unleash Ty Vickery again after his stellar 2016 in the yellow and black.

But they’re all retired man. Oh wait, you posted at 8:30pm Tuesday. You would have downed a slab and a half at least. Sorry :):thumbsu:

I feel for griff with all his injuries and concussions.......BUT I really believe f he comes back in he will upset that forward line, everthing it's about griff is not. I just don't c what his real strength is?? Marking, pressure, goal kicking... none of those. I don't think he is needed

B: Nick Vlastuin 187cm 86kg 96 games David Astbury 195cm 94kg 85 games Dylan Grimes 193cm 89kg 104 games

HB: Bachar Houli 180cm 84kg 170 games Alex Rance 194cm 96kg 175 games Brandon Ellis 182cm 81kg 135 games

C: Shane Edwards 182cm 81kg 207 games Trent Cotchin 185cm 85kg 198 games Shaun Grigg 190cm 85kg 192 games

HF: Josh Caddy 186cm 88kg 117 games Jack Riewoldt 195cm 91kg 225 games Daniel Butler 182cm 80kg 23 games

F: Daniel Rioli 179cm 75kg 43 games Ben Griffiths 200cm 101kg 63 games Shai Bolton 175cm 70kg 6 games

R: Toby Nankervis 199cm 106kg 36 games Dustin Martin 187cm 88kg 178 games Dion Prestia 175cm 81kg 117 games

IC: Kane Lambert 178cm 77kg 52 games Jack Graham 180cm 83kg 5 games Kamdyn McIntosh 192cm 91kg 53 games Corey Ellis 184cm 75kg 23 games

Changes from Premiership side
Out: Townsend Castagna Broad
In: Griffiths Bolton C.Ellis

After winning the flag with an unconventional set up I expect us to revert back to a more typical set up with 1 KPF 1 KPF/Ruck 1 Ruck and 2 KPD. I know many won't agree with Griffiths being brought in but I would look at playing him in a Ben Brown role, i.e. primarily FF leading out and taking shots from anywhere within 55m with an occasional run in the ruck to give Nank a break. If Griffiths doesn't work out then I'd be reverting back to Jack at FF and would have Moore coming in at CHF.

I think Bolton will replace Castagna to add that bit of X factor to the line up. The kid can take a good mark, makes things happen out of nothing and has speed to burn. Some will say it's tough on George but I believe it will make our forward line stronger, as we not only maintain the ability to put on pressure when we don't have the ball, we add more X factor when we do have the ball.

With Broad being suspended for the first 3 someone is going to have to take his spot. For mine I'd have McIntosh filling that role and would use the opportunity to give Corey Ellis a chance. As a first round pick entering his 4th season the time has come for him to step up and show he belongs. In the second half of the VFL season he started to show what he is capable of as he finally got settled into a role across HB. He has an ability to make players miss tackles and find himself space where he shouldn't get space because of this. Giving Corey the chance to spend a month in the back line as a rotational player will hopefully see him settle and cement a spot in the 22.

Outside that I don't see a heap of change in how we go about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back