JMan5

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North Queensland Cowboys
Been reading some afl history books and want to know who the public think is the best.

None of these players would get my vote. For me it's between Matthews and Carey.

Out of your list though, I voted Ted Whitten. I never saw him play, but I was told by a couple of now departed old timers who saw all of those blokes that Whitten and Coleman were the best players they'd seen. They knew their footy so I will defer to them.

None of these players would get my vote. For me it's between Matthews and Carey.

Out of your list though, I voted Ted Whitten. I never saw him play, but I was told by a couple of now departed old timers who saw all of those blokes that Whitten and Coleman were the best players they'd seen. They knew their footy so I will defer to them.

This, most older people I know refer to Whitten, Barrassi and Coleman as the greatest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the players talked about in this thread didnt actually play in the AFL, you should have added AFL/VFL.

Best AFL player ever would have to be one of the Abletts

(I wanna say Wanganeen because i am bias haha)

Wayne Carey for me and by a fair margin, too. The fair margin nearly certainly comes from bias though. Definitely the best I've ever seen play though.

Leigh Matthews, Wayne Carey, Gary Ablett sr, Tony Modra, Andrew McLeod, Michael Voss, Ted Whitten, Adam Goodes, James Hird, Jason Dunstall, Tony Lockett ...... the list goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best AFL Player ever

Back